ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New BBC TV Series Saturday 19/5/07 - Seven Ages of Rock (SSC) Return to archive
18th May 2007 07:53 AM
Gazza New 7-part BBC series starts this Saturday

Broadcast at 9.10 pm Saturdays on BBC2, with repeat showings on BBC1 on Sunday nights at 11 pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/sevenages/programmes/

the first programme features some considerable Stones content (includes an interview with Keith), although it's centred around Jimi Hendrix

Details here :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/sevenages/programmes/the-birth-of-rock/

[Edited by Gazza]
20th May 2007 06:17 PM
Gazza anyone see this?

Some nice Stones clips, a good little interview with Keith and a delightful clip of him demonstrating how rooted in the blues 'Satisfaction' by sitting and playing it on acoustic guitar and singing the first few lines of it.
20th May 2007 06:46 PM
fireontheplatter there is no such thing as the bbc in new paltz, ny.

this sounds good tho
20th May 2007 06:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
there is no such thing as the bbc in new paltz, ny.

this sounds good tho

Maybe BBC America will show it at some point
20th May 2007 06:55 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Maybe BBC America will show it at some point

Doubt it very much..

By the way there is a special song in the youtube thread you just might want to see....
20th May 2007 09:17 PM
glencar BBC America will probably show it in a year or so. Be patient, my friends!
20th May 2007 11:17 PM
GotToRollMe Damn, I wanna see this NOW. You guys get all the good music shows...
21st May 2007 08:27 AM
jostorm Quick, before the next fucker comes in through the door and I have to work again...

GAZZA: yep, I saw it, good, huh???? Didn't Hendrix do amazing things with his tongue?, no wonder both his girlfriends had big smirks on their faces during the entire interviews...
I especially liked the angle of The Stones being the first group being perceptive enough to tune into the changing mood of the times, the politicisation (spelling in Northern Ireland and Omaha?), the dropping of "peace and free love", through "Gimme Shelter" and "Sympathy"....And it always surprises me how shaggable Jagger used to be, blimey, I was a bit too young then, but I'm sure I would have let him play Doctor with me if he would have offered me sweets ("OK, Mister, just as long as you don't touch me with those weird lips of yours...")...On the other hand, who would EVER go to bed with Bill Wym,an??? Did he achieve those high "scores" exclusively amongst the white cane wielding brigade????..
and ALSO, it was the first time that I thought that the Hells Angels perhaps killed the black man at Altamont because of his preposterous taste in suits. I mean, GREEN, for God's sake! And has ANY rock'n roll journalist EVER written about this important aspect of Rock history??? Have they fuck! Which goes to prove Boomy's point, they ought to print the stuff on bog paper.

Sorry, gotta go again...

PS: we have a new receptionist who lives opposite Slane Castle, I am currently debating it with my evil twin sister...apparently EVERYONE in the village gets a ticket, so that should be the easy part...
21st May 2007 10:28 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
BBC America will probably show it in a year or so. Be patient, my friends!

It'll be on after Footballers Wives perhaps?........lol
21st May 2007 12:05 PM
Jeep The Satisfaction "blues version" by Keith is here :
http://novogate.com/board/968/236661-1.html

But if you want to download the whole BBC show, here's a torrent (divx) :
http://www.mininova.org/tor/713120
21st May 2007 04:50 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jeep wrote:

But if you want to download the whole BBC show, here's a torrent (divx) :
http://www.mininova.org/tor/713120

Bless you, Jeep!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)