ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Richards blasts rap stars Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
19th May 2007 08:42 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pass The Dutchie is a Wicked Pissah Numbah.
Some rap songs have had blistering guitar breaks, such as several Beastie Boys numbahs.
But, wtf, when a population of folks enjoys this stuff, doesn't mean all have to? Let the music flow....
And, bring me more Santa Rita Red, because, I am getting a wicked pissah buzz tonight. I may have to go find a place to sing, and play harp....Any drivers out there?

It was quite the number I found there. I rock! I roll! I drink on Sunday mornings!
19th May 2007 09:35 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Nice...I can just see all the baby janglers gathered around the computer...doing that diaper bounce the little ones do when the feeling it...S & Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...bring your di@k sucking friends....S & Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...bring all your horny friends

No 2LiveCrew for my kids; or Cocksucker Blues or Short & Curlies, for that matter. Right now, we're enjoying Beethoven piano sonatas; No. 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27 No. 2 (Moonlight) is a favorite of my older daughter.
19th May 2007 09:52 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I know damn well you do, or would, prohibit your child from listening to certain types of music or indulging in other types of media.

Yes, but my kids are 9 and 10 years old. I don't expect to be dictating their musical choices when they're 14 or 15. And when did the topic of this discussion become what's appropriate for children? I thought it was about cranky 60-somethings complaining about "these kids today and their so-called music."
19th May 2007 10:26 PM
Bloozehound after analyzing 2 Live Crew videos all afternoon I've come to the scientific conclusion that Fresh Kid Ice was the most underated talent of the Crew. Campbell got all the press, but it was Fresh Kid's slick delivery of super, perverted dope rhymes that was the real payoff on any 2 Live masterpiece
19th May 2007 10:31 PM
gypsy "Me So Horny" is a classic.
19th May 2007 11:47 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

So you're just dismissing ALL rap music?
There's good rap out there, but a home-schooled simpleton like yourself could never find it.

Didn't I just say that I listen from time to time?...RIF girl RIF...reading is fundamental

20th May 2007 12:03 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

All that quality posting you did up above, then you waxed-walled it all with this two-strike bunt, all dribbling foul in the sand.

You need to learn howe to finish, right now you are nothing but a cornflake without the milk.

Slow your roll playa...I called that shot..and everyone on the diamond saw it sail into the upper deck...shit, mofos were on expedia.com booking flights on that ball...a little trick I'll share with you...drop the donut before you leave the on deck circle...it'll speed your bat up tremendously and the hotties in the front row won't point at you and giggle...uh yeah...I said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop rock it out baby bubbah to the boogie da bang bang the boogie to the boogie da beat

20th May 2007 12:48 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Sure...but does the music mirror the music they were talking about?...really?...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Who can say? I don't think so, but isn't it possible that my taste is a function of my age? Is there really some absolute, objective standard of musical quality? That is the assumption I am challenging, and the fact that the "this younger generation is going to hell in a handbasket" refrain is as old as history should at least cause one to stop and think.
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
20th May 2007 02:02 AM
sirmoonie You are both missing the clear point. Mormons are nothing more than Scientologists with larger real estate.

Look, you clueless fags, Mormon women are generally attractive, and all the guys they hang out with are devote homosexuals. No wonder they get all these recent converts dedicated to going on "missions." There is some financial eco-sexo-nomics to this. Am I wrong? This theory is thesis ready. I'm telling you. Its is.
20th May 2007 02:11 AM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
You are both missing the clear point. Mormons are nothing more than Scientologists with larger real estate.

Look, you clueless fags, Mormon women are generally attractive, and all the guys they hang out with are devote homosexuals. No wonder they get all these recent converts dedicated to going on "missions." There is some financial eco-sexo-nomics to this. Am I wrong? This theory is thesis ready. I'm telling you. Its is.

listen bro if you could have seven or more wives would you be lovin it? men are being repressed here. you dont pay alimony right?
20th May 2007 02:53 AM
Altamont Weird thread... I will say that the early Wu Tang records are really good IMO. The first Wu Tang CD, Method Man's "Tical", Raekwon the chef, and most importantly, Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return to the 36 Chambers" are excellent. I think it was the RZA who was producing those albums, and was coming up with really good beats and using piano riffs in hip hop. I don't listen to hip hop / rap very often, but the ones I mentioned are ones that I do put in when I want to hear it.
20th May 2007 03:10 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
mojoman wrote:

listen bro if you could have seven or more wives would you be lovin it? men are being repressed here. you dont pay alimony right?

Look man, my people were shut out out of the Mormonhood until that Grand Smackdown from god in 1975. We now drink Pepsi, sometimes we drink Coke, our females wear the uniform of secular schools when god allows, we allow guitar-based music in our glorious halls, its always a new day for The Church of the Latter Day Saints!
20th May 2007 03:59 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Weird thread...

Two threads, really; or, rather, a thread and a meta-thread, both deriving from Keith's disparaging remarks about rap music. The thread consists of various posters' opinions of the music, ranging from knee-jerk "rap is crap" cliches to distinctions between various artists and sub-genres. The meta-thread contains opinions about the opinion, addressing the question of the validity of the perspective of the 60+ generation on the music of the young and the continuing phenomenon which we used to call the "generation gap."

Grandpa Simpson summed up this latter phenomenon well:
"I used to be 'with it.' Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it,' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary. . . . It'll happen to you!"
20th May 2007 06:39 AM
pdog Paul's Boutique is The Exile On Main St. of rap/hip hop... If you don't own and never heard it don't bother, and if you have, then you know exactly what I'm talking about...

And the first person who knows The Stones reference on said album, get's 1,000 Pdog points. Redeemable with me and good for up to one year. Cash value 1/1000 of a penny!
20th May 2007 04:12 PM
Bloozehound Paul's Boutique is fine album, like you say it was way ahead of it's time, took me almost 10 years after it first came out to really appreciate it, now it's about the only Beastie Boy album I still occasionally listen to

20th May 2007 04:23 PM
lotsajizz I always used to give a knee jerk "I hate rap" until I heard that album....
20th May 2007 04:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Paul's Boutique is fine album, like you say it was way ahead of it's time, took me almost 10 years after it first came out to really appreciate it, now it's about the only Beastie Boy album I still occasionally listen to

theres the 'Exile' link right there....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)