ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Richards blasts rap stars Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
17th May 2007 11:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels RICHARDS BLASTS RAP STARS

ROLLING STONES star KEITH RICHARDS has blasted the stars of hip-hop - because he hates anything to do with rap. The rocker admits he dislikes everything about rap music, and can't name an act he's at all fond of. He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "Hip-hop leaves me cold. But there are some people out there who think it's the meaning of life. "I don't wanna be yelled at; I wanna be sung to. I never really understood why someone would want to have some gangster from L.A. poking his fingers in your face. "As I say, it don't grab me. I mean the rhythms are boring; they're all done on computers."

18/05/2007 03:36
contactmusic.com

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
18th May 2007 12:54 AM
Brainbell Jangler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvToMGr7c_w&feature=PlayList&p=4E9312FE2397D5C3&index=0
18th May 2007 02:19 AM
The Wick Dean Martin was a prick and when Keith isn't playing the role of living up to the Keith image, he makes a lot of sense. Hip Hop and Rap is almost all a load of total shite that a lot of people only pretend to often enjoy because of peer pressure.
18th May 2007 02:49 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Hip Hop and Rap is almost all a load of total shite that a lot of people only pretend to often enjoy because of peer pressure.

18th May 2007 03:15 AM
pdog
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Hip Hop and Rap is almost all a load of total shite that a lot of people only pretend to often enjoy because of peer pressure.

What age group are you talking about... race too. I see aot of young asian posers, but the brothers in their 30's and up, ain't faking shit...
18th May 2007 03:59 AM
Mr Jurkka Way to go Keith.
[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
18th May 2007 04:18 AM
The Wick
quote:
pdog wrote:

What age group are you talking about... race too. I see aot of young asian posers, but the brothers in their 30's and up, ain't faking shit...

I said a lot, not most. I honestly don't know if most people are faking it, but apart from some genuine fans, most rap fans seem to have no clue about what they like and, especially if they are not African American, the chances seem higher that they are posing. Although, even with them, I'm sure there are some who genuinely like it and a lot who cave into peer pressure. Whatever their opinions, I think it's a load of shite. African Americans have had some of the greatest lyric writers in history, now they are largeley famous in music for the lame and ridiculous rhyming lyrics of most rap. My beef is not just with rap though, the same can be said of pop, rock, soul, anything basically.
[Edited by The Wick]
18th May 2007 05:14 AM
Moonisup maybe young rap fans think it's sad that when you're in your sixties still trying to be cool, smoking and drinking yourself to death, play not sold out shows, not playing the right licks anymore.
18th May 2007 05:32 AM
lotsajizz rap sucks
18th May 2007 05:57 AM
Jumacfly Beastie Boys,Wu tang Clan, Dino and the Stones are part of my discotheque.
Sorry guys!
18th May 2007 07:29 AM
lotsajizz to each his own...I can take the Beasties and some others like Cypress Hill in small doses (hits?).....I just despise that 'gangsta' shit....
18th May 2007 10:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I just despise that 'gangsta' shit....

totally agree with ya mate.
Fuck dat bling bling culture!
18th May 2007 11:09 AM
Saint Sway I agree with Keith that rap sucks.

I just wish he felt strongly enough about his convictions to of kept Biz Markie's rap off of ASMB

Talk, Keith, is cheap.
18th May 2007 11:13 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
maybe young rap fans think it's sad that when you're in your sixties still trying to be cool, smoking and drinking yourself to death, play not sold out shows, not playing the right licks anymore.

I doubt that young rap fans think about Keith at all, certainly not in that kind of detail. Funny they should turn it up in a point you'd be trying to make anyway!
18th May 2007 11:48 AM
fxc1 Rap is CRAP
18th May 2007 12:03 PM
polytoxic Rap in it's original and purest form is to this era what the Blues was to the 20's, 30,s & '40's, and there is a direct link from old blues hollers, through Howlin Wolf and his peers, through R&B and funk and straight on to hip-hop in terms of Black american music.

Obviously it's been co-opted to the point of ridiculousness, and a lot of it is an outright embarrasment. But there is some artful stuff there, it just takes some digging. This coming from a music lover if not a rap fan.

18th May 2007 12:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Rap in it's original and purest form is to this era what the Blues was to the 20's, 30,s & '40's, and there is a direct link from old blues hollers, through Howlin Wolf and his peers, through R&B and funk and straight on to hip-hop in terms of Black american music.

Obviously it's been co-opted to the point of ridiculousness, and a lot of it is an outright embarrasment. But there is some artful stuff there, it just takes some digging. This coming from a music lover if not a rap fan.

Agreed. Great post.
18th May 2007 12:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I doubt that young rap fans think about Keith at all, certainly not in that kind of detail.

fuck that. They should!!

Keef's the real "O.G."

he should be worshipped by the rap community in the same way they idolize "Scarface"

18th May 2007 02:15 PM
nankerphelge I like some rap if it has something other than the violent racial and mysoginistic messages to offer.

Anger in music itself is nothing new, nor is the culture of anger that embraces it. Rock and roll is an example.

Now you wanna talk real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xGGfY9qKU
18th May 2007 02:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Rap in it's original and purest form is to this era what the Blues was to the 20's, 30,s & '40's, and there is a direct link from old blues hollers, through Howlin Wolf and his peers, through R&B and funk and straight on to hip-hop in terms of Black american music.

I agree.
18th May 2007 02:45 PM
Dan
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Beastie Boys,Wu tang Clan, Dino and the Stones are part of my discotheque.
Sorry guys!

Public Enemy/Cypress Hill/Beastie Boys
18th May 2007 03:37 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Dean Martin was a prick and when Keith isn't playing the role of living up to the Keith image, he makes a lot of sense. Hip Hop and Rap is almost all a load of total shite that a lot of people only pretend to often enjoy because of peer pressure.

One generation's musical star disses another generation's musical genre.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
18th May 2007 03:50 PM
Fiji Joe Come on...We all know someone like this...Hell, I'm convinced this guy posts on this board

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
19th May 2007 06:40 AM
gypsymofo60 When an anglo talks about bitches, Ho's,(nappy headed references, etc, we're racist, ignorant, too old, uncool, un-hip, you get the drift. Glamourising drug culture, the disrespect for women and solving all their little bitch-slap spats with a piece says it all. Dr. King, Bobby Seal, Angie Davis and even Malcolm X would be shaking their heads in dismay. Chuck D was one thing, but these new young turks; sorry jerks, are the pits. The music sucks with it's derivative jive, hypnotic crassness and 3 Am Doof doof beat deserves to die a quick, but painful demise. 50 Cent me arse!
19th May 2007 10:10 AM
guitarman53 right on Keith! Rap music is absolute crap! & Hip Hop too, there's no melody, can you imagine humming along with one of those songs? you can't, it's garbage in the best sense of the word.
19th May 2007 11:37 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
When an anglo talks about bitches, Ho's,(nappy headed references, etc, we're racist, ignorant, too old, uncool, un-hip, you get the drift. Glamourising drug culture, the disrespect for women and solving all their little bitch-slap spats with a piece says it all. Dr. King, Bobby Seal, Angie Davis and even Malcolm X would be shaking their heads in dismay. Chuck D was one thing, but these new young turks; sorry jerks, are the pits. The music sucks with it's derivative jive, hypnotic crassness and 3 Am Doof doof beat deserves to die a quick, but painful demise. 50 Cent me arse!

Agreed. Great post.

When such "crassness" goes from metaphorical to overt, it ceases being interesting or artful and becomes a product that only the lowest common demoninator and little-dicked, ain't found their niche in life, white boys can admire..."raw"?..."pure"?...that's it's appreciative value?...really?...people are agreeing with that?...America has spent the last 5 decades ostracizing and legislatively eradicating what was once raw and pure in it's society and now there are idiots, and dare I say even educated people celebrating this shit?...the same mofo admirers of this nonsense would scream bloody murder if other segments of society were allowed to rap about their rawness and purity
19th May 2007 12:40 PM
_Boomy_
19th May 2007 12:55 PM
fireontheplatter i got to admit....i do like a few rap tunes out there

i think it is a culture thing really...hoes this and nigger that...naaa, not my cup of tea
19th May 2007 01:47 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i got to admit....i do like a few rap tunes out there

i think it is a culture thing really...hoes this and nigger that...naaa, not my cup of tea

Nothing wrong with the genre on it's face....but comparing it to the blues, based on rawness and pureness, is fucking ridiculous...the old blues artists had enough sense on where to draw the line..they wrote in metaphors for the most part...if you understood what they were talking about, then you were, presumably, mature enough to put it into context...culture thing?...yeah...it is...but what culture?
19th May 2007 02:06 PM
Growler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

the lowest common demoninator and little-dicked,

Hey now Fiji:

Isnt that rap jar a little bit to much for a sweet lil asshole like you

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)