ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elijah Wood to star in Iggy biopic (NSC) Return to archive
17th May 2007 01:13 PM
GotToRollMe I know this has been rumored for months, but now that it's a reality it's freaking me out. Very distoibing indeed.

Frodo is Definitely Iggy Pop!
Posted May 16th 2007 4:32PM by Monika Bartyzel

Although the project has been stewing for the past few years, the Iggy Pop movie is definitely going ahead, and Elijah Wood is still attached to play the famous lanky musician. I keep looking at Pop's face and try to imagine Elijah's stretched to fit. I can't really see it, but I'm willing to stay optimistic. At the very least, Pop wasn't as gaunt back then, and was much smoother and Elijah-like (check out an old Stooges cover to the right). The biopic is still called The Passenger, and it will follow Iggy's early years with the Stooges -- meaning the late sixties and early seventies.

Passenger was penned by Eric Schmid, and it will be directed by Nick Gomez -- the man behind the questionable Drowning Mona, who has been busy lately directing television shows all over the place from Veronica Mars to The Practice. I'm a bit surprised, because this seems like the perfect project for someone with a strong musical background. And if there is one thing we've got right now, it's a large bunch of talented musically-inclined directors. The Pop man himself was given a chance to be involved, but he said: "The script ain't chopped liver... It was a work of art. But subjectively, I don't want to be involved in any way." It is set to head into production some time this year with a meager $6-$8 million budget, for a release planned in 2008. I'm waiting to see if "I'll be shakin', I'll be tremblin', I'll be happy, I'll be weak -- and [if] I'll love" this flick. There might be some questionable aspects, but at least Pop thinks the script is art.

Link: http://b.cinematical.com/2007/05/16/frodo-is-definitely-iggy-pop/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGGY POP REFUSES TO TAKE PART IN BIOPIC

IGGY POP is refusing to have anything to do with his biopic after learning LORD OF THE RINGS star ELIJAH WOOD is to play him in the project.

The punk icon has nothing against the actor, but he thinks it would be a terrible idea to get involved in his own movie life story.

He says, "The script ain't chopped liver... It was a work of art. But subjectively, I don't want to be involved in any way.

"A producer and the writer sent me a very decent letter, and asked me to write back if I didn't want them to do it... I don't feel negative about it at all."

Iggy Pop admits that, like many, he was "curious" about the casting of Wood.

He adds, "I don't really know about him... I saw him on TV the other day, and he seems like a very poised and talented actor."

Link: http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/iggy%20pop%20refuses%20to%20take%20part%20in%20biopic

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
17th May 2007 01:16 PM
glencar Wow, E Wood is a HOOGE mistake for that role. He was horrid in the alst movie I saw him in, simply horrid!
17th May 2007 01:18 PM
LadyJane

****************BLANK FRIGGIN STARE***********************
17th May 2007 01:49 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I know, I know...
Who the hell makes these decisions anyway? How off the mark can they possibly get? Argh...
17th May 2007 04:19 PM
MRD8 FRODO LIVES!!!
17th May 2007 04:21 PM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Ditto.

He almost ruined Lord of the Rings for me, but seeing him play Iggy? That's way beyond the line. What are they thinking?!
17th May 2007 07:09 PM
_Boomy_ Hmm. Wood?

I heard that the guy that does the Borat thing might portray Freddie Mercury in an upcoming movie.
18th May 2007 12:22 PM
Play With Fire

This couldn't be any worse than Mike Meyers playing Keith Moon.
That is a mistake, but I'm sure many people will think the movie is "Groovy Baby"!

18th May 2007 04:04 PM
monkey_man I think Pete Dougherty should play Iggy!
18th May 2007 10:04 PM
Egbert I can see the facial resemblance - particularly the bugged-out eyes - but....Frodo??????
18th May 2007 10:23 PM
mojoman ghey
19th May 2007 08:21 AM
Lord Homosex Total miscast; bigger than Michael Keaton as Batman.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)