ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: On the Cover of the New Rolling Stone: Blood Brothers Keith Richards and Johnny Depp Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th May 2007 10:13 PM
moy

Fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, look no further. Our next cover story is a Q&A with the most rock & roll “father and son” of all time: Keith Richards and Johnny Depp. Come back Wednesday for a look at the bitching cover image and a peek at the story. Tomorrow we’ll drop our lead album review, in which Rob Sheffield gives Wilco’s new disc four stars.

14th May 2007 10:16 PM
glencar I hate crappy RS's political nonsense but I will simply have to buy this issue alone.
14th May 2007 10:35 PM
fireontheplatter never ever have i bought back to back issues or rolling stone magazine...but i guess this is going to be a 1st.

looks cool......
14th May 2007 10:36 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hate crappy RS's political nonsense but I will simply have to buy this issue alone.

didn't you buy the 40th issue?

great issue dude
14th May 2007 10:43 PM
glencar Nah, I've still got the 20th & have only gotten halfway through.
15th May 2007 02:50 AM
FotiniD Great news, thanks Moy!
15th May 2007 02:53 PM
gimmekeef I know Mick leads in alltime RS Covers...but Keith cant be too far behind......Course freakin Madonna or Beyonce are probably gettin close too....I remember when that mag/rag was relevant.....
15th May 2007 04:29 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I know Mick leads in alltime RS Covers...but Keith cant be too far behind......Course freakin Beyonce is probably gettin close too....

I have no problem with that!!

15th May 2007 04:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I have no problem with that!!

me neither....oh not not at all
16th May 2007 09:45 AM
FotiniD So when will this actually hit the stands? The site mentions "check back Wednesday" but they haven't updated it yet.
16th May 2007 10:03 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

I remember when that mag/rag was relevant.....

Ah, but that was many, many moons ago, kemosabe...

I hope that's not gonna be the cover. Couldn't they have gotten a real photo of the two of them together on the set?

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
16th May 2007 10:21 AM
FotiniD
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Ah, but that was many, many moons ago, kemosabe...

I hope that's not gonna be the cover. Couldn't they have gotten a real photo of the two of them together on the set?

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

No, I don't think that's going to be the cover. The site says: "Come back Wednesday for a look at the bitching cover image and a peek at the story." So I think we're in for a treat...
16th May 2007 04:50 PM
FotiniD Absolutely fantastic:

I think I'll buy ten copies
16th May 2007 04:53 PM
glencar Oy vey! Maroon 5 is back?!?!?!?!
16th May 2007 04:54 PM
Saint Sway fire that photo editor!!!

fucker couldnt pick out a shot with a better expression on Keith???

Keith's got the coolest grin of all time - and thats the shot they choose??

why???
16th May 2007 06:00 PM
oldkr thats keiths photo face, maybe he photoshoped the mouth shut however, he certainly photoshopped the rest of it!

OLDKR
16th May 2007 06:21 PM
Joey
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Absolutely fantastic:

I think I'll buy ten copies

Nice !!!
16th May 2007 06:37 PM
_Boomy_ Oh vey. The Democrats have better candidates running, right?

Does anybody read Rolling Stone for its music commentary? Does it even have any?

[Edited by Jeff Hornacek]
[Edited by _Boomy_]
17th May 2007 12:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot That is the gayest magazine cover featuring Keith that I have ever seen. It looks like it should be on the cover of Out! magazine instead of Rolling Stone.

It looks like a damn "engagement announcement" picture, fer fuck sake! And Keith is where the girl usually is!

I got two words for this....Fucked Up.

17th May 2007 12:40 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
That is the gayest magazine cover featuring Keith that I have ever seen. It looks like it should be on the cover of Out! magazine instead of Rolling Stone.

It looks like a damn "engagement announcement" picture, fer fuck sake! And Keith is where the girl usually is!

I got two words for this....Fucked Up.

You're right. Keith even looks like he's thinking, "This is fucking gay."

Keith has managed to look masculine and cool whilst posing with Mick looking very gay for over 40 years, so you know he knows how to pull it off.
17th May 2007 12:41 PM
GotToRollMe I don't mind the pose - I think it's kinda nice - but yeah, it'd look a lot better with Keith showing some teeth.
17th May 2007 12:43 PM
gypsy In another way, it also looks like a sweet father-son photo.
Either way, I'm still going to buy it.
17th May 2007 12:45 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You're right. Keith even looks like he's thinking, "This is fucking gay."

Keith has managed to look masculine and cool whilst posing with Mick looking very gay for over 40 years, so you know he knows how to pull it off.

Is Depp gay ?!

17th May 2007 01:25 PM
LadyJane Found this on Shidoobee. Posted by Sandrew.
Interesting lil article.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN:
AT WORLD’S END
Production Information

Then there was the matter of who would be chosen as Captain Teague, Keeper of the Code, the Pirata Codex, to which even the most dastardly scalawag must religiously adhere, at the peril of his own body and soul.
But the casting was pre-ordained. For nearly a year, rumors flew hither and yon that it would be none other than Keith Richards, legendary guitarist of the Rolling Stones, and a close mate of Johnny Depp…who very admittedly had modeled some of Captain Jack Sparrow’s style and characteristics on his great and good friend. And the rumors, for a refreshing change, were true.
“The sort of connection I made when first thinking about Captain Jack,” says Depp, “was the idea that pirates were the rock and roll stars of that era. Their myths or legends would arrive months before they would ever make port, much like rock stars.”
“It’s about freedom, baby,” adds Richards. “Open the cage, let the tigers out. Somebody’s gotta do the naughty work. It’s not so much about destroying the establishment. It’s to prevent them from destroying you.”
Richards was understandably somewhat wary at first of accepting the role of Captain Teague. “When I first heard about it, I was thinking, oh my God, this is an Elvis Presley thing. You pop in and sing. But when I saw how it fit into the whole scenario, then it felt quite natural to do it. And they’ve also made me a lovely guitar.”
Strumming that guitar—especially designed and built for him by the legendary instrument maker Danny Farrington at the request of propmaster Kris Peck—and wielding a mean flintlock pistol, Richards took the company, and the days on which he filmed, by hurricane force. “It was kind of a long shot to even think about getting Keith to do this,” says Depp. “The fact that he agreed was above and beyond a dream come true. Experiencing his arrival on set was unbelievable. Every single person on the crew, including people you hadn’t seen in months, suddenly showed up. It was a beautiful, perfect symmetry.”
As for the unique connection between Captains Jack and Teague, Depp notes, “You get the feeling that there was a real tough love relationship there. Teague is one of those pirates who would give you a hug one minute, and blow you away the next. Or maybe he’ll blow you away and then give you a hug. You don’t know what to expect from him.”
“It was really interesting to see the kind of mutual respect that Keith seemed to have for the actors and crew, and that they had for him, his artistry and his long, celebrated career,” notes Jerry Bruckheimer. “I think he had a lot of fun. In fact, he didn’t want to quite leave the set. Usually, when an actor is finished with a scene, they go to their trailer until the next set-up. But Keith was hanging around the set even in between his scenes. I think Keith took his personalized chair when he left as a remembrance of the experience, and I’m sure he took his costume. If he didn’t, I hope he did.”

LJ.
17th May 2007 01:27 PM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oy vey! Maroon 5 is back?!?!?!?!

17th May 2007 01:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Keith has managed to look masculine and cool whilst posing with Mick looking very gay for over 40 years, so you know he knows how to pull it off. <

LOL. That statement is LOADED. LOL. LMAO.

17th May 2007 01:48 PM
glencar Joe Perry still looks gayer than Keith.
17th May 2007 01:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joe Perry still looks gayer than Keith.

Don't you mean Steve Tyler? I thought Perry was the tuff guy and Tyler was the "gayish" guy.
17th May 2007 03:53 PM
oldkr at least keith has a shirt on this time!

OLDKR
17th May 2007 04:19 PM
FotiniD This whole "don't they look gay?" wondering, comes off a little as insecurity and homophobia to me, especially seeing it comes mostly from guys

They're playing a father and son (!)
Now, how on earth you guys take that and see a gay thing in it, well, it's interesting to say the least
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)