ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official Fuck Bush and Star Wars Thread Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 09:47 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im English and so I dont give a fuck about Bush.

Im over the age of 16 so I dont give a fuck about Star Wars.

Whose with me in putting this debate to bed?
May 25th, 2005 09:53 AM
Jumacfly who gives a fuck?? let's go GEt STONES instead!!!!
May 25th, 2005 09:54 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Yeah.
That what I like to hear.
Amen
May 25th, 2005 09:59 AM
Nellcote Hey;

I like to ask questions. Many questions. I like to think that life presents itself to be informative.

Having made that statement, I will ask you, What redeeming value to this board does this type of thread offer?

Is it Stones Related?
Offer some insight to improve one's life?
Assist others in staying young?
Cure alzheimers or other life debilitating illness?
Will it assist OJ, Robert Blake and others to find the real killer?

Any insight you could provide towards a qualitative answer will provide a valuable understanding of your goal.

Anthing short of that, please rethink the need for such a post.

You will thank me later.

[Edited by Nellcote]
May 25th, 2005 10:03 AM
Zeeta LOL!

Yes English too...American politics bores the fuck outta me as well! As all politics do really, I don't discriminate!

I generally listen to the music and don;t really give fuck about politics etc music transends and breaks all barriers.

And to this I will crank up Can't You Hear Me Knockin LOUDLY!

Going to see Oasis in Hammersmith tomorrow - it'll be a pretty shite gig unless they play stuff from Definitely Maybe but some friends and I will have a good craic!
May 25th, 2005 10:06 AM
Voodoo Scrounge This thread is designed purely to provide a thread for people who do not give a fuck about STAR WARS or BUSH to post on. Both those subjects also being non stones related.

I did not say that the thread had to be non stones related. I mean if you want to hazzard a guess at what colour underpants mick jagger is wearing today then great. It wont be informative or intellectual, but it will be stones related wont it?
Or maybe we could start a whole new thread called "Jaggers pants"

The point is. I come on this site to get away from the dailly boredom of politics and I find myself reading people opinions of George Bush.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIM!!!!.....OR STAR WARS!!!!!!!

JOIN ME IF YOU FEEL THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps
What did you say about alzheimers. Seems to have slipped my mind!
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
May 25th, 2005 10:10 AM
Nellcote Thanks for the reply.
This is what I thought.
Oh, and BTW, once you've had
a relative or close friend with
Alzheimers. you will NEVER FORGET.
May 25th, 2005 10:12 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Hi Zeeta.
Im going to see Oasis at the Milton Keynes Bowl on the 10th July.
Ive seen them a couple of times and had a great time. They reallly are such a great band live. It all comes from their simplicity. Nothing added to the show that isnt needed. Eg a horn section!

My mate saw them at the Clapham Grand the other night and said they were great. Im sure they will play lots of old stuff. They bank on it these days
May 25th, 2005 10:15 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Dont get too touchy about alzheimers mate. You bought it up.

Give it 5 years and it will be a much better understood desease. Along with Parkinsons. They stand to benefit a lot from the new stem cell research developements made in Korea and the UK recently.

Dont get too serious, this is supposed to be a FUN thing. Not an episode of eastenders.
May 25th, 2005 10:16 AM
Joey
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

W- W- W- w- What ?!?!

M. Jackyfly ! ™
May 25th, 2005 10:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would per her to bed.
And her mates!
May 25th, 2005 10:22 AM
Nellcote Hey; I understand, and don't think it is "touchy" to reply to your posts in the manner I choose. After all, this thread has the title it has, so I'm not looking for a row, just to understand what in tarnation it has to do with anything Stones related. As you are free to discuss what you desire, I will be free to question. If you can handle that then we are all fine, if not, well, then resume normal programming, and Rock On!
And BTW, I hope my relatives have the five years you speak of to be able to utilize the remedy you promise for alzheimers, for at this point I might as well be talking to a Wookie than the person I once knew. Sorry, but you furthered the topic...
May 25th, 2005 10:27 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I hope your relatives have a lot more than five years. I wish youthfulness and long life upon everybody, even my worst enemies.
The thread is here as a light hearted way of stopping the political arguing going on in the Stones or Star Wars thread. No other reason.
I have already said that it is not stones related, but feel free to talk about the stones in here in any manner you wish.
Im not being confrontational. Im being anti political.
Ive got nothing against politics except when it interferes with music.
May 25th, 2005 10:27 AM
gimmekeef Moving right along....................................................................................
May 25th, 2005 10:28 AM
Joey " Hey; I understand, and don't think it is "touchy" to reply to your posts in the manner I choose. "

< ------- Come to Joey .......

Thanks Little Fella
May 25th, 2005 10:44 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im English and so I dont give a fuck about Bush.

Im over the age of 16 so I dont give a fuck about Star Wars.

do we really need two threads about this..?

why do you troll for attention..?

go spam another board.

May 25th, 2005 10:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Pay attention mate.
Im trying to kill off the other thread.
Too political
Looks like a war of words to me.

Just for you americans or foreigners who dont understand.
'Put to bed' means to end
May 25th, 2005 11:03 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Pay attention mate.
Im trying to kill off the other thread.
Too political
Looks like a war of words to me.

Just for you americans or foreigners who dont understand.
'Put to bed' means to end

Ever since a few Rocks Off "Hall of Famers" have left, the board has been steered in the direction of a stones content intensive board, focussing on tour/album info and ticket sales. For this to be fully effective (if it is truly the goal of this board) 90% of these threads must be immediately deleted, and that includeds this one. If Gazza or Voodoo wishes, i would be happy to "clean up my act" and help police the board. I assure you, there would be a new sheriff in town too. (could joey be my huckleberry?). I too am tired of hearing about Star Wars here as well as politics. Lugars board has a seperate section for politics, i suggest the discussions go there. Many of us enjoy clowning around here as well, which can be fine as long as it is confined to the appropriate threads.

I am placing a call to action on the floor for all non-stones related posts to be immediately deleted if the board truly wants to take a path similar to Doug's fine board. This will complete the death of "The Asylum"
May 25th, 2005 11:03 AM
FPM C10 I think I've said all I had to say on the subject in the other thread. Sorry that it got so ugly. I just can't back away from a fight with a right-winger.

I don't think it's too awful to have a thread here about a popular movie, and I tried to stay on topic. I don't get pissed off at you guys when you post about football.

The thing is, the way this board is set up, you can just skip the whole thread if it's not your cup of tea.

Much easier than starting ANOTHER thread about it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour