ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beach Boys : down memory lane Return to archive
May 23rd, 2005 06:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels JARDINE JOINS WILSON FOR BEACH BOYS HONOUR

LATEST: BEACH BOYS star AL JARDINE joined former bandmate BRIAN WILSON for a trip down memory lane on Friday (20MAY05) as the 1960s surf pop icons were honoured in California.

The duo unveiled a monument to the Beach Boys on the site of the Hawthorne, California home where Wilson and his late brothers, CARL and DENNIS, grew up.

Wilson and Jardine thrilled fans who attended the two-hour dedication by performing Beach Boys classics IN MY ROOM and SURFER GIRL with Wilson's touring band.

After the ceremony, Wilson said, "This was a big thrill."

23/05/2005 21:11
contactmusic.com

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 23rd, 2005 06:56 PM
glencar The Beach Boys musical was a huge Broadway bomb.
May 23rd, 2005 07:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Beach Boys musical was a huge Broadway bomb.

Well yeah. I never thought these broadway musicals about rock stars would go anywhere, two different art forms. They don't lend themselves well to each other. I suppose if someone wanted to work at it this Brian Jones movie could have been a broadway play. If you had a super genius writing it. There's really very few artists and many imitators.
May 23rd, 2005 07:17 PM
Bloozehound is it "cool" to like the beach boys

or are they like their generations Eagles ?
May 23rd, 2005 07:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
is it "cool" to like the beach boys?

Well...sure...just don't over-do it.
May 23rd, 2005 11:05 PM
BrianJonesForever I went to a bb concert two years ago(hey, i was 19) and was blown kisses by mike love the whole time, then brought up on stage to sing and dance along with "Barbara Ann" . Now, I had just read a book about them, so I knew what he's all about, so when I was invited backstage after, boy was he surprised to see my parents with me. Ha.
May 24th, 2005 12:12 AM
time is on my side
quote:
BrianJonesForever wrote:
I went to a bb concert two years ago(hey, i was 19) and was blown kisses by mike love the whole time, then brought up on stage to sing and dance along with "Barbara Ann" . Now, I had just read a book about them, so I knew what he's all about, so when I was invited backstage after, boy was he surprised to see my parents with me. Ha.

The band currently touring as "The Beach Boys" is in fact the Mike Love solo band. It's basically a cover band. Be Forewarned!!!
May 24th, 2005 04:17 PM
69 Chevy I grew up in a Beach Town and by the mid 70s they weren't cool, but they were acceptable if it was summertime! I saw them around 1979 on the 4th of July at a free show in DC. There must have been 500,000 people there.
May 24th, 2005 04:42 PM
FPM C10
quote:
69 Chevy wrote:
I grew up in a Beach Town and by the mid 70s they weren't cool, but they were acceptable if it was summertime! I saw them around 1979 on the 4th of July at a free show in DC. There must have been 500,000 people there.

I think that was later than '79...they were Ronald and Nancy Reagan's favorite band. Which should be ALL anybody needs to know about whether they're cool or not.

Brian Wilson = cool, if flaky
Mike Love = as uncool as you can get

If you want COOL Beach Boys tunes, see Brian Wilson & the Wondermints.
May 24th, 2005 07:25 PM
sammy davis jr. The Beach Boys are cool- Mike Love is a dick. I think it's funny Dennis boinked his daughter....
May 25th, 2005 12:08 AM
BrianJonesForever You know, I like Dennis,but his father f-ed him and the brothers up. I know the "bb's" of today are lame, but I just went for fun. Mike Love is a pig, he's been married like, 10 times. Brian Wilson will always be awesome, the poor thing. He's a zombie on all the meds he's on, but at least he's not in bed anymore
May 25th, 2005 06:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
BrianJonesForever wrote:
I went to a bb concert two years ago(hey, i was 19) and was blown kisses by mike love the whole time, then brought up on stage to sing and dance along with "Barbara Ann" . Now, I had just read a book about them, so I knew what he's all about, so when I was invited backstage after, boy was he surprised to see my parents with me. Ha.

GREAT STORY!

THE DIRTY OLD MAN, LOL!
May 25th, 2005 09:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BrianJonesForever wrote:
...and was blown kisses by mike love the whole time, then brought up on stage to sing and dance along with "Barbara Ann" . Now, I had just read a book about them, so I knew what he's all about, so when I was invited backstage after, boy was he surprised to see my parents with me. Ha.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour