ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stereophonics? Return to archive
May 23rd, 2005 05:38 PM
Saint Sway anyone here a fan? Anyone seen em recently

they are in NY tonite & tomorrow and I'm debating on going to see them

I know Ronnie Wood plays with these guys a lot.

I really like their singer Kelly Jones's raspy voice - reminds me of Rod Stewart. And his lyrics.

loved their last album. Like some of the older stuff. But the new one is horrible pop crap. Just lame. And this is where I'm torn about seeing them.

anyone have a link to any of their recent set lists?

May 23rd, 2005 05:56 PM
winter I have seen them 5 times. Love those guys. One of my top 5 bands out there.

BUT if you don't like the new album, don't go. I saw them last week in Boston and the played something like 8 songs from the new album and 3 songs from the very first album - only a handful of songs in between.

They did nothing acoustic -

Overall, I was disappointed. They also stripped the band down to the core three members - used digital loops to fill the void - kinda bummed me out.

May 23rd, 2005 06:07 PM
Saint Sway thanks WInter

thats exactly the info I was looking for.

Kelly's an amazing talent. Great band. They just sound a little lost right now. I think I'll pass and catch when they get their soul back.

I really wish I saw them on the last tour. That was a great record - "You Gotta Go There To Come Back"

fyi... they did sell out 2 nights in NYC and 1 in Brooklyn. So - good for them.
May 23rd, 2005 06:16 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I really wish I saw them on the last tour. That was a great record - "You Gotta Go There To Come Back"

I did. 3 shows with them..the guys were very surprised to see the same crazy guys in front row yelling during their set and hangbanging on "Madame Helga"!!
of course sun and drugs my friends....

anyway "you gotta go there" is a great album, their last one is a great deception...they got an awful sound and the voice of Kelly Jones quickly becomes a nightmare.

I know we got many fans here, some of us sing "have a nice day" perfectly...
May 23rd, 2005 06:31 PM
Dan I don't own anything but I saw their acoustic set at Virgin Megastore in LA. Sounded really good but didn't buy anything. A friend got Kelly to sign the J-Card for my blank DAT tape though!
May 23rd, 2005 06:38 PM
winter No problem. I like all of the albums - particularly you've got to go there . . . and performance and cocktails. There are some great cuts on just enough education . . . - Mr. Rider, VEGAS, etc.

Anyway, if you have an iPod or access to iTunes they have released a ton of B-sides, acoustic performances, live stuff, etc. - including acounstic Old Laughing Lady (Neil Youg), I'm only sleeping (Beatles), Heart of Gold (Beatles). Great versions of Wireless Radio, Traffic, etc.

I like some of the new album, but I agree they need to get back to more of the old stuff and less electronica.

Glad I could spare you the cost of a ticket.

Cheers!
May 24th, 2005 07:25 AM
egon they were the warm-up at marseille on the stones last tour.
they were sort of ok, but didn't seem to really care.
maybe that was just their image.
May 24th, 2005 08:16 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Saw them support the stones in Paris. They are very good
May 24th, 2005 10:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm far from wild about Stereophonics, but they're new album is fantastic. If your going to invest in any Stereophonics cd, It really should be Sex, Violence, Music Other? If I remember rightly, they're first album is quite good. It was when they started doing cover versions and dirges like Mr Writer, that they lost it for me.
May 24th, 2005 09:22 PM
Soldatti A good band, I like it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour