ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ticket Sales Slow down- May 21st Return to archive
May 21st, 2005 05:05 PM
time is on my side While the Stones doubtless remain a very hot ticket, on the first day where a number of tickets are on sale to the general public for the first time, ticket sales appear to be slower today at a number of locations. Just surfed through Ticketbastard and tickets still remain at East Hartford, Hershey, and Detroit (stadium shows) at most price ranges. In addition, the arena show at Tampa still has many tickets still available.

On the first day, there appears to be stronger demand in Chicago (stadium) and St Paul (arena) where all the expensive seats are already gone.

All of this is subject to change at any time, but, as of now, there do not appear to be any first day sell outs at any of the above locations.

[Edited by time is on my side]
May 21st, 2005 05:18 PM
gimmekeef Yes..noticed same thing although Soldier seems to be almost gone.Detroit seems particularly week.The layout there seems weird .But still cant believe people are shelling out $160 a tick for 3rd level at back of stadium in Soldier.What a joke!Someone's gonna get burned too with a wad of those $400 floor seats.About half way through the Black Eyed Fleas they'll be goin for less than a hundred outside!!
May 21st, 2005 05:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Yes..noticed same thing although Soldier seems to be almost gone.Detroit seems particularly week.The layout there seems weird .But still cant believe people are shelling out $160 a tick for 3rd level at back of stadium in Soldier.What a joke!Someone's gonna get burned too with a wad of those $400 floor seats.About half way through the Black Eyed Fleas they'll be goin for less than a hundred outside!!

Soldier Field seems to be only offering up very poor upper level seats in the corners or Obstructed View seats.
May 21st, 2005 06:55 PM
BrotherM
130 bucks fer 3rd teir seats hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets drink to the hard workin people lets drink to the salt of the earth.
May 21st, 2005 08:25 PM
Jumping Jack Joe I managed to get two $99 tickets in section 336. The section right next to us had $160 tickets. I feel bad for the people next to me....but happy for me.
May 21st, 2005 10:32 PM
time is on my side Before today, all concerts put on sale by the STONES had sold out (this includes Miami which just recently sold out).

Today, the Stones put 6 concerts on sale- Saint Paul (arena), Chicago (stadium), East Hartford (stadium), Detroit (stadium), Hershey (stadium), and Tampa (arena). As of right now, none of these shows have sold out.

It appears the Stones have finally found some very weak markets. Of the six, three are near sell outs and will probably sell out over the next few days (Saint Paul, Chicago, and East Hartford). However, the other three (Hershey, Detroit, and Tampa) show no signs of selling out anytime soon and appear to be miscalulations by STONES management. Hershey is a surprise in that I thought this would sell out quickly (perhaps the town is too small, Tampa (they can't even come close on an arena show- it shows that Florida is a very weak market for the Stones), and Detroit (they should never have scheduled a stadium show here- it appears this market can only sustain an arena show). It's my guess that over the coming months Hershey and Tampa may come close to being full or near sell outs. Detroit has no chance and may be only half full when the Stones come to town.
May 22nd, 2005 02:19 PM
Poison Dart The tickets are just to much money. Even for die hard fans.

Peole just can't drop between $163-$450 a pop on Rolling Stones (or anybody else for that matter) tickets.

The tour is still selling well. If the Stones dropped their ticket prices they would sell out every venue in minutes.

I laugh when I hear people on this board actually defending the band and their excessive ticket prices.

You have to be out of your fucking mind to drop $900 on two tickets to see the Stones. With parking and going to dinner and buying 2 t-shirts (at $35 each) Ticketmaster screw job fee's. You are looking at a $1,200 night.

With the exception of lunatic die hard fans.Who is going to spend that much to see a two hour concert?

I don't care if Mick and Keith performed in my living room I'm not paying $1,200 to see them. Never mind the scaplers tix (I've seen them up to $7,900 around here in Boston for a Fenway ticket)

Even the $163 ticket for mediocre seats is ridiculos.

I'm lucky enough that it's not a matter of money (I can easily afford to go if I want to) But I refuse as a matter of principal.

Would you pay $350-$1,200 to see a two hour film? Why would you pay that much to sit a stadium away from the Stones and watch a screen for that price?

I can't stress to you how big a Stones fan I am. But I will not be going unless I can get a decent ticket at or near face value.

Fuck those greedy bastards. It's stuff like this that gets the Stones so much bad press.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
May 22nd, 2005 05:48 PM
time is on my side Apparently, there was another show that went on sale through ticketbastard on May 21st. It was the stadium show in San Diego. It's completely sold out at this time and may very well have been a first day sell out. Californians love their Stones!!!
May 22nd, 2005 06:05 PM
Jumping Jack Joe I'm actually surprised that Chicago didn't completely sell out. Normally the Stones do so well there. I don't think that rumoured 2nd show will happen.
May 22nd, 2005 06:19 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Jumping Jack Joe wrote:
I'm actually surprised that Chicago didn't completely sell out. Normally the Stones do so well there. I don't think that rumoured 2nd show will happen.

I agree even though the only thing left is nose bleed. The STONES would be nuts to try to put on a second stadium show there as the market, at these prices, simply doesn't justify one. They can, however, easily do an arena show. My guess is that an arena show in Chicago would be a first day sell out.
May 22nd, 2005 06:23 PM
glencar I think many people are holding out for an arena show in Chicago. I'm not tarveling from NY to Chicago for a fucking stadium show.
May 22nd, 2005 06:36 PM
Jumping Jack Joe My hunch is the rumoured United Center show in January will happen. I would have loved to have seen the Stones two nights in a row though(September 10 and 11). I guess after three nights on the Bridges to Babylon Tour, 2 nights on the No Security Tour and five nights on the 40 Licks Tour, Chicago is quite possibly sick of the Stones. Oh well....it was great while it lasted.
[Edited by Jumping Jack Joe]
May 22nd, 2005 06:43 PM
glencar How many of those shows were in Soldiers Field?
May 22nd, 2005 08:34 PM
Jumping Jack Joe Soldier's Field 2
Comisky Park 1
Aragon Ballroom 1
United Center 6
May 22nd, 2005 10:57 PM
Soldatti You can still buy tickets for Detroit in Ticketmaster.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour