ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor along for 1981 Kansas City show? Return to archive
May 21st, 2005 01:17 PM
White House Lawn Just wondering if anyone had more info on this, how did it come about, etc?

Also, Jagger mentions that Taylor is their "special guest" right before LET ME GO. Did he play with them the entire night, or was it just from that point on? TIA!
May 21st, 2005 04:20 PM
glencar Not sure how it came to be but he wasn't supposed to be there for more than 2 or 3 songs but ended up staying for the rest of the show. He pissed them off by the end of the night.
May 22nd, 2005 12:23 AM
jpenn11
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not sure how it came to be but he wasn't supposed to be there for more than 2 or 3 songs but ended up staying for the rest of the show. He pissed them off by the end of the night.

Reports from attendees suggest he was there from Black Limo through YCAGWYW. It is not easy to tell from the tape, and I've not heard it in a while. From memory, I believe Jagger says, "Thank you Mick" after Black Limo and an attendee claims Wood and Taylor traded licks during that song. As for the pissing, Taylor either was far from his monitor or not plugged into the soundboard and therefore was turned up very loud, pissing off some combination of Jagger and Richards.

A B&W pix of Taylor and Jagger at the show was posted on iorr.org a while ago.

I've no info on how it came about but Taylor was passing through KC while gigging with Alvin Lee that year. Apparently, KC was a useful resting station for those touring the midwest at the time (again, from a report on iorr.org).
May 22nd, 2005 12:33 AM
T&A it probably was an audition for the upcoming PPV - needless to say MT didn't pass....
May 22nd, 2005 12:09 PM
jpenn11
quote:
T&A wrote:
it probably was an audition for the upcoming PPV - needless to say MT didn't pass....

Interesting theory posted at various times on this board, but Taylor had a show that night with Alvin Lee. The Stones may have been auditioning him, but there is no indication he would cancel a show with Lee.
May 22nd, 2005 12:15 PM
T&A well, it's my theory and I'm stickin' to it. I believe that MT would have have stood up Alvin if the opportunity arose....
May 22nd, 2005 10:36 PM
Soldatti A pix of that show:

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour