ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Second stage Return to archive
May 20th, 2005 06:03 PM
NeilJam I see that there is a second stage on this tour. Do the Stones perform on both stages? What stage would the opening act play on, the main stage or second?
May 20th, 2005 07:28 PM
Soldatti The B-stage is still there?
May 20th, 2005 07:30 PM
Monkey Woman Maybe you're thinking about Cohl said at the press conf, that there would be two different stages, one for the arenas and a "special" one for the stadiums.
May 20th, 2005 07:51 PM
NeilJam The seating chart for PNC park has two stages. It also says some sections will not be able to see the small stage. Maybe they don't have the second stage for every show.

May 21st, 2005 10:28 PM
Angiegirl With smaller arenas usually and clubs there's no B-stage (no room)...
May 22nd, 2005 03:11 AM
Child of the Moon I'm still divided on whether or not I want a B-stage for this tour. I love the idea of playing lesser-known or more stripped down songs in the middle of the crowd, but the idea is pretty well played out, and on the Licks tour, they were playing shit like Street Fighting Man and Brown Sugar, which had no right being played on the stage in the first place. I mean, as cool as You Got Me Rocking was when I saw them, it didn't fit for the small stage stuff.
May 22nd, 2005 04:58 AM
maumau "they were playing shit like Street Fighting Man and Brown Sugar"

?
May 22nd, 2005 09:03 AM
corgi37 b stage is passe.
May 22nd, 2005 09:37 AM
ziggypayne There's a b-stage at the Hershey show, at least it was shown on the floor plan.
May 22nd, 2005 10:31 PM
Soldatti
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
There's a b-stage at the Hershey show, at least it was shown on the floor plan.

So, b-stage again it seems.
May 22nd, 2005 10:52 PM
Bitch the seating chart for Giants stadium shows a B stage. I got seats near it on the floor.
May 23rd, 2005 01:12 PM
gimmekeef I was hoping they'd drop the B as kinda old news.Until all I could get was seats "way" back in the cheapo $160 range..(LOL)...Now I'm glad the B may be used....I might get to see em awhile without using my binoculars!
May 23rd, 2005 04:38 PM
Poplar
some shows do, some don't. seems like you could say they're "phasing out" the b-stage. little by little.
May 23rd, 2005 10:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poplar wrote:

some shows do, some don't. seems like you could say they're "phasing out" the b-stage. little by little.

Maybe they will put B-stage(s) on the empty spaces in the floor.
May 24th, 2005 02:26 AM
Dutch Michael D. i hope it's a better stage then the Licks Stage... it was simple and hightech, but now it's got to be BIG and with inflatable women and fireworks and millions of lights. and much much more, it has to be better then the Voodoo stage or the Steel Wheels stage...
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
May 24th, 2005 07:18 AM
egon
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
b stage is passe.

c stage is where it's at these days
May 24th, 2005 07:30 AM
exile I like the b stage

May 24th, 2005 12:45 PM
Matt Lacroix Which was the first tour where they used a B-stage
May 24th, 2005 12:55 PM
rogerriffin In Voodoo Lounge they made 2 or 3 song in a little stage in right side but not much far of the main stage..

In Bridges to Babylon they conected a B-stage with a bridge of 50M of distance...

In No Security and Licks they passed by a simple way to b stage.
May 24th, 2005 01:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
There's a b-stage at the Hershey show, at least it was shown on the floor plan.

Where? Here's the "Rolling Stones" seating chart from Hershey.

May 24th, 2005 03:35 PM
ziggypayne The layout they had at the box office on Saturday showed the b-stage between C3 and C4. Sections D2, D3, and D4 were going for $175, because they were right against it. Where's that diagram from?
May 24th, 2005 03:41 PM
FPM C10
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
The layout they had at the box office on Saturday showed the b-stage between C3 and C4. Sections D2, D3, and D4 were going for $175, because they were right against it. Where's that diagram from?

Ticketmaster.

I hope you're right - I love the b-stage, lousy sound or not. Every time on the last three tours that I've had floor seats, I walked right up to the B-stage and watched the Stones from closer-than-front-row proximity. It seemed to be specifically condoned. Although Hershey is noted for its concert-nazi mentality - they're liable to use a tazer on you if you try it there.

We shall see!
May 25th, 2005 11:15 AM
Matt Lacroix it would be cool if they could have a stage like U2, that way they could put people in the middle of the ring, and walk on the ring, instead of a B stage
May 25th, 2005 11:35 AM
gimmekeef The B stage makes tickets farther from stage more appealing right?..And therefore having a B stage in the seating charts might be a ploy to justify or help sell those $350 tickets that seem to stretch way back....Course then what happens if there is no B stage/.Guess they just sell more tix to fill the gaps or have wider aisles
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour