ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2 Cancelled show in paris : official Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd May 2006 10:49 AM
Pierre From te Stade de France site...

http://www.stadefrance.fr/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=46&ID_Event=066b669bc70588a8a6ad94f17285cfdb

Les concerts des Rolling Stones initialement prévus les 3 juin et 2 juillet au Stade de France sont annulés.

A compter du 24 mai, les spectateurs ont 1 mois pour se faire rembourser auprès de leur vendeur ou auprès de l'organisme qui leur a procuré les billets.

Conformément aux conditions générales de vente, les frais de transport et d’hôtellerie ne sont pas remboursés.

De nouvelles dates sont actuellement à l’étude et seront communiquées très prochainement. Dès l’annonce de celles-ci, les clients auront la possibilité de changer leur billet directement auprès de leur vendeur *.

Attention ! Les billets des concerts annulés du 3 juin et du 2 juillet ne seront pas valables sur les éventuelles nouvelles dates.

[Edited by Pierre]
23rd May 2006 11:05 AM
egon so what's the deal with Barcelona;
tickets stay valid or not?
And how does one eventually get his money back?

23rd May 2006 11:06 AM
jb I am so sorry Jumacfly!!! But the reality is, this tour offers nothing diffwrent form the last 4..it is better in the long run.
23rd May 2006 11:09 AM
egon I'm the dutch guy JB...

But thanks your concern!
23rd May 2006 11:09 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
so what's the deal with Barcelona;
tickets stay valid or not?
And how does one eventually get his money back?

Tix will stay valid. Nothing yet on how to get your money back. 6 shows postponed according to IORR.org.
23rd May 2006 11:10 AM
egon I fear i will not be able to make the rescheduled show.
(damn!)
23rd May 2006 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
I'm the dutch guy JB...

But thanks your concern!

You are a great fan, and fortunately saw great shows here at the NYC Summitt..best to leave those memories intact and not see another "cannned" on performance.
23rd May 2006 11:11 AM
egon "Canned" right now sounds fantastic JB,
It's better than "nothing".

Gimme a TV dinner!
23rd May 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
"Canned" right now sounds fantastic JB,
It's better than "nothing".

Gimme a TV dinner!

Your emotions have taken over and you seem like you are in overdrive?
23rd May 2006 11:28 AM
egon You are right; i did have that magic time in NYC.
But it was my believe that it was only the beginning of great things.

Now when it all slips through my fingers, like that vomit when i was 16 and had a beer of 20 too many, i feel so empty.

The good times were, but shall they every again.... be?
23rd May 2006 11:31 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
You are right; i did have that magic time in NYC.
But it was my believe that it was only the beginning of great things.

Now when it all slips through my fingers, like that vomit when i was 16 and had a beer of 20 too many, i feel so empty.

The good times were, but shall they every again.... be?

That's correct..fleeting happiness in an otherwise miserable world.
23rd May 2006 11:50 AM
egon will you cry with me?
23rd May 2006 12:02 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
will you cry with me?

Sure. I cancelled my hotel reservations, so I have reason enough to cry.
23rd May 2006 12:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Sure. I cancelled my hotel reservations, so I have reason enough to cry.

I will cry with you .
23rd May 2006 12:25 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I will cry with you .

I am crying............
23rd May 2006 01:52 PM
razorback
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Tix will stay valid. Nothing yet on how to get your money back. 6 shows postponed according to IORR.org.

All I know is that for french shows you can get your money back from may 24 th and during one month only.
Tickets for both paris shows of june and july won't be valid for eventual rescheduled shows.
[Edited by razorback]
23rd May 2006 01:54 PM
jb The shows had sold relatively well...very upsetting.
23rd May 2006 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
The shows had sold relatively well...very upsetting.

Yes , the cancellation of a Rolling Stones concert is EXTREMELY upseting to the new world order that all of us inhabit whilst enjoying the exalted flow of the space / time continuum save that it is spaceless and timeless and of such loveliness ...... Indeed , I feel a sensate .............. ********** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ******
23rd May 2006 03:15 PM
Saint Sway Its a fact: I actually predicted this the very second that Keith began to scale the coconut tree.
23rd May 2006 03:21 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Its a fact: I actually predicted this the very second that Keith began to scale the coconut tree.

The tour is over!
23rd May 2006 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
Pierre wrote:
From te Stade de France site...

http://www.stadefrance.fr/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=46&ID_Event=066b669bc70588a8a6ad94f17285cfdb

Les concerts des Rolling Stones initialement prévus les 3 juin et 2 juillet au Stade de France sont annulés.

A compter du 24 mai, les spectateurs ont 1 mois pour se faire rembourser auprès de leur vendeur ou auprès de l'organisme qui leur a procuré les billets.

Conformément aux conditions générales de vente, les frais de transport et d’hôtellerie ne sont pas remboursés.

De nouvelles dates sont actuellement à l’étude et seront communiquées très prochainement. Dès l’annonce de celles-ci, les clients auront la possibilité de changer leur billet directement auprès de leur vendeur *.

Attention ! Les billets des concerts annulés du 3 juin et du 2 juillet ne seront pas valables sur les éventuelles nouvelles dates.

[Edited by Pierre]

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/IMG/jpg/chirac_Sharon-petite270705.jpg
23rd May 2006 04:15 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
I am so sorry Jumacfly!!! But the reality is, this tour offers nothing diffwrent form the last 4..it is better in the long run.

Thanks for your support jb (nice pic of the two dead guys!)
I didn't planned to attend a Paris show as I did in 2003 in this maldito stadium and after a fantastic night at Bercy.
On this summer well may be Barcelona or Nice at the last minute if I can find a place..Most important for me is to greet one or two RO'ffers like my dear Gary or Egon.
Music? I got 81 boots for that

anyway Egon I'm off next week..Would you invite me at your home for watching "being Mick" together with a ton of Beercans??

ps: Sorry for our friends with huge fees due to cancellation..Escpecially in France where you can t cancel the low train tix you ve specially bought a few months ago.
23rd May 2006 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Thanks for your support jb (nice pic of the two dead guys!)
I didn't planned to attend a Paris show as I did in 2003 in this maldito stadium and after a fantastic night at Bercy.
On this summer well may be Barcelona or Nice at the last minute if I can find a place..Most important for me is to greet one or two RO'ffers like my dear Gary or Egon.
Music? I got 81 boots for that

anyway Egon I'm off next week..Would you invite me at your home for watching "being Mick" together with a ton of Beercans??

ps: Sorry for our friends with huge fees due to cancellation..Escpecially in France where you can t cancel the low train tix you ve specially bought a few months ago.

http://www.samliquidation.com/396_chirac2s.jpg
23rd May 2006 04:22 PM
Jumacfly

23rd May 2006 05:04 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

You can't get refund but you can re-sell those tix online:

http://www.trocdesprems.com/
23rd May 2006 05:05 PM
pdog Is there a pre-fund re-sale!
23rd May 2006 07:22 PM
Soldatti Bad news for the French fans, ABB is still selling well there.
23rd May 2006 08:37 PM
glencar The French surrendered yet again!
24th May 2006 04:02 AM
UGot2Rollme something in English, from canoe.jam.ca:

Stones postpone Paris concerts

PARIS (AP) - The Rolling Stones have indefinitely postponed two Paris concerts, scheduled for June 3 and July 2 at the Stade de France, French organizers said Tuesday, without giving a reason.

Plans for an Aug. 8 concert in the French Riviera city of Nice were maintained. Organizers said they had no immediate information on replacement dates for the Paris gigs.

Grizzled guitarist Keith Richards, 62, was injured April 27 in Fiji. News reports have variously claimed that he fell out of a palm tree or from a jet ski. Richards later had surgery in Auckland, New Zealand, to relieve pressure in his head.

The band postponed the starting date of its European tour as a result.

The Stones' official fan website said in a statement Monday that Richards had returned to the United States, where he lives, and "is feeling great, happy to be home and looking forward to getting back on the road with the Rolling Stones next month."

It added that a revised tour schedule would soon be announced.

24th May 2006 04:35 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
It added that a revised tour schedule would soon be announced.

'Soon' and 'shortly' seem to be extremely relative terms with RS.com/management.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)