ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chocolate City (NSC) Return to archive
22nd May 2006 03:38 PM
Jumping Jack Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. New Orleans now deserves it fate.
22nd May 2006 03:40 PM
gimmekeef JJ....I thought something big had happened in Hershey!....lmao
22nd May 2006 03:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. New Orleans now deserves it fate.

you cant be serious.
22nd May 2006 03:44 PM
telecaster At least their Congressman is honest as the day is long:

Filing: Tape Shows Lawmaker Taking Money
May 21 4:35 PM US/Eastern

By MATTHEW BARAKAT
Associated Press Writer

ALEXANDRIA, Va.

A congressman under investigation for bribery was caught on videotape accepting $100,000 in $100 bills from an FBI informant whose conversations with the lawmaker also were recorded, according to a court document released Sunday. Agents later found the cash hidden in his freezer.

At one audiotaped meeting, Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., chuckles about writing in code to keep secret what the government contends was his corrupt role in getting his children a cut of a communications company's deal for work in Africa.

As Jefferson and the informant passed notes about what percentage the lawmaker's family might receive, the congressman "began laughing and said, 'All these damn notes we're writing to each other as if we're talking, as if the FBI is watching,'" according to the affidavit.

Jefferson, who represents New Orleans, has not been charged and denies any wrongdoing.

22nd May 2006 03:47 PM
jb Huey "Kingfish" Long must be laughing in his grave...
22nd May 2006 07:11 PM
glencar It's a hellhole now.
23rd May 2006 09:02 PM
texile but who is going to rebuild, mr nagin?
the mexicans and central americans....
23rd May 2006 09:08 PM
glencar Lotsa graft will help!
23rd May 2006 10:55 PM
voodoodrew As a citizen of the State of Louisiana, and a conservative Republican, as all of my posts on this board make clear, I can say that if I were a New Orleans voter, I would have cast my ballot for Mr. Nagin.

I say that fully realizing that the city of N.O. and the State of La. looks stupid for having re-elected him... that is only because outsiders don't understand Louisiana politics. Everyone who voted for Nagin understood the "public-perception" problem of re-electing him, and that is the only reason the race was as close as it was.

The problem is that Nagin's opponent, Mitch Landrieu (also a Democrat, I might add), is part of the old-school establishment that has made Louisiana such a disaster in the last 25-30 years and that has fostered the problem that the country witnessed during the Katrina disaster. He is his father's son. He is part of the same Edwin Edwards (former governor who currently resides in a Texas Federal Prison and only won his last re-election bid because he ran against a dispicable former grand wizard of the KKK)political network that put the unexplainable Kathleen Blanco into office.

Mr. Nagin had quite a good reputation in New Orleans before the storm. He was a political outsider, a former business executive that was bringing real, meaningful reform to a city that defines corruption. Admittedly, his performance during and after Katrina was less than heroic. His "chocolate city" comments were an embarassment and political race-bating at its worst. However, the underlying Katrina problem was so big and long-in-the-making that no politician, or combination or politicians, could have done any better under the circumstances.

A vote for Nagin was a vote for a future that does not support the traditional Louisiana cronyism that has driven us into the ground. While Landrieu represented all that is wrong with this state, Mr. Nagin represented only all that was wrong with the Katrina response. The decision was thus not a big one for voters.

Godspeed Louisiana - we have more potential than any other state below the Mason-Dixon line, and it took a disaster to make us realize that we need to start living up to our promise. Bobby Jindal for Governor 2007!
24th May 2006 12:03 AM
sirmoonie I thought this was about the record label Cameo was on. Remember them 45s with all the niggies on it? That was cool.

I didn't realize this was an anit-New Orleans Thread. Seriously, to smack cash on this tragedy, you dumb-fucks must be the most useless, homegrown, bags of washed up tornado-trailer piss that ever lived. Get skeechie alot? I ain't think so.

Haha, haha, hahaaaaa. Let me here it agins, go on, let me here it agins.

Long Fucking Live The City of New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America. Its the The Bigger Easy now!
24th May 2006 07:46 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoodrew wrote:
As a citizen of the State of Louisiana, and a conservative Republican, as all of my posts on this board make clear, I can say that if I were a New Orleans voter, I would have cast my ballot for Mr. Nagin.

I say that fully realizing that the city of N.O. and the State of La. looks stupid for having re-elected him... that is only because outsiders don't understand Louisiana politics. Everyone who voted for Nagin understood the "public-perception" problem of re-electing him, and that is the only reason the race was as close as it was.

The problem is that Nagin's opponent, Mitch Landrieu (also a Democrat, I might add), is part of the old-school establishment that has made Louisiana such a disaster in the last 25-30 years and that has fostered the problem that the country witnessed during the Katrina disaster. He is his father's son. He is part of the same Edwin Edwards (former governor who currently resides in a Texas Federal Prison and only won his last re-election bid because he ran against a dispicable former grand wizard of the KKK)political network that put the unexplainable Kathleen Blanco into office.

Mr. Nagin had quite a good reputation in New Orleans before the storm. He was a political outsider, a former business executive that was bringing real, meaningful reform to a city that defines corruption. Admittedly, his performance during and after Katrina was less than heroic. His "chocolate city" comments were an embarassment and political race-bating at its worst. However, the underlying Katrina problem was so big and long-in-the-making that no politician, or combination or politicians, could have done any better under the circumstances.

A vote for Nagin was a vote for a future that does not support the traditional Louisiana cronyism that has driven us into the ground. While Landrieu represented all that is wrong with this state, Mr. Nagin represented only all that was wrong with the Katrina response. The decision was thus not a big one for voters.

Godspeed Louisiana - we have more potential than any other state below the Mason-Dixon line, and it took a disaster to make us realize that we need to start living up to our promise. Bobby Jindal for Governor 2007!

Thanks for the info!
24th May 2006 07:52 AM
Nellcote Good Luck to all of the people of Nawlins, for what they have been thru, what lies ahead.
The 2nd installment of the Ray Nagin years lies ahead..
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)