ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gore wowing Cannes (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th May 2006 12:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels GORE'S EXPOSE HITS CANNES

Former US Vice President AL GORE is wowing the Cannes Film Festival in France with his environmental documentary AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH. Gore, who controversially lost the 2000 US Presidential election to GEORGE W BUSH, is an avid environmental campaigner, and is keen to expose the realities of global warming through his film.

The politician has accused America of living in a "bubble of unreality" when it comes to ecological issues. Gore has already screened his work to an influential audience including SHARON STONE and DAVID DUCHOVNY in Los Angeles on Tuesday (16MAY06) before he headed to Washington DC on Wednesday (17MAY06) to show the film to politicians from Congress and the Senate.
20/05/2006 14:48
20th May 2006 12:32 PM
MrPleasant THE ASSHOLE (GORE) THREAD!!
20th May 2006 12:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
THE ASSHOLE (GORE) THREAD!!

I'm not sure of the implications of this global warming. Gore might be right about this. I'm not schooled enough in environmental science to make a judgement one way or another at this point. But I'm not going to allow partisan politics or preconceived ideas about Al Gore to interfere with my objectivity, if I can help it.
20th May 2006 12:47 PM
MrPleasant HE IS ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY!!
20th May 2006 12:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
HE IS ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY!!

Aren't we all?
20th May 2006 12:57 PM
MrPleasant WAIT... JUST GOT AN E-MAIL.

IT SAYS: "WELCOME AMIGO, YOU'RE CORDIALLY INVITED TO SUPPORT THE UPCOMING EVENT: THE POLITICIANS ARE COOL PARTY! THEY'RE SORT OF LIKE THE REPUBLICANS BUT WITH DICKS, AND THEY'RE SORT OF LIKE THE DEMOCRATS BUT WITHOUT THE DICKS."

It's a she-male group, or something. Bunch of assholes.
20th May 2006 01:42 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I'm not sure of the implications of this global warming. Gore might be right about this. I'm not schooled enough in environmental science to make a judgement one way or another at this point. But I'm not going to allow partisan politics or preconceived ideas about Al Gore to interfere with my objectivity, if I can help it.

Algore isn't schooled enough in science either but that doesn't stop him from making judgments. He took enough heat for that "Earth In The Balance" book to melt a glacier or two.
20th May 2006 04:47 PM
gimmekeef Bush says global warming isnt a major deal.Therefore it must be....But Gore?...the guy that says he invented the internet??..Pluuuueeezzzzeeeee
20th May 2006 04:47 PM
FrankiePeppers
Finally Gore is wowing somebody, even if it is only the French. This is the same culture that adores Jerry Lewis.

20th May 2006 04:52 PM
mrhipfl Jerry Lewis est super chouette!
20th May 2006 05:05 PM
Poplar
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Jerry Lewis est super chouette!

Et Algore aussi!!! bien sur!
20th May 2006 06:43 PM
gotdablouse Yeah well, one thing is certain, the world would be different place today if Gore had prevailed in 2000...for a start we wouldn't hear about Cheney shooting his friends in hunting accidents.
20th May 2006 07:00 PM
pdog Al Gore is a really nice man. I personally saw him stop his car, and wait for an old woman to get through a crosswalk. Most people don't do that anymore. It's the little things people!
21st May 2006 08:27 AM
corgi37 Hang on, hang on. Sharon Stone and David Duchovny are influential?

To fucking whom????????
21st May 2006 01:57 PM
Monkey Woman "Little things": like lead pellets, maybe?
21st May 2006 02:15 PM
Monkey Woman This is as good a place as any to post this:

This is a job for... Superfrenchie!

;-)
21st May 2006 03:20 PM
Dan
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Hang on, hang on. Sharon Stone and David Duchovny are influential?

To fucking whom????????

To the biological responses of teenage males watching Basic Instinct on the big screen? Sharon Stone that is, I have no clue who the other guy is.
21st May 2006 04:24 PM
Jumping Jack Al Gore's family money came from Occidental Petroleum, the same folks who brought you the Love Canal. Funny the Dems never mention that when talking about oil men.

Gore and his like should be held accountible for environmental regulations so onerous no refineries have been built in decades causing the price of gasoline to soar.

All you bleeding heart soccer moms driving your 12 mpg Escalades deserve to pay $100 to fill up your land barges. Praise be to Al Gore, the most bitter bastard on the entire planet.
22nd May 2006 06:03 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Gore and his like should be held accountible for environmental regulations so onerous no refineries have been built in decades causing the price of gasoline to soar.

This is some funny shit right here! Just so I am clear, you believe that lack of new refineries in the US are the reason that WORLDWIDE prices of gasoline have soared????
22nd May 2006 07:22 PM
gotdablouse That and the fact that Cheney shot his friend in a hunting accident.
22nd May 2006 07:28 PM
glencar This is a funny thread! We Republicans really need Gore to run in 08. Hilly doesn't crack me up like Algore does.
22nd May 2006 07:57 PM
Jumping Jack Prices in the US rose when the refineries were damaged in Katrina and because the current refineries cannot keep up with the requirements of all the custom blends required by states. Much of the rest of the world pays through their asses because of the rediculous taxes they pay. The US government makes more on a gallon of gas than the oil companies and service stations combined. It is many times worse than that in other countries. Onerous regulations that make no sense and oppressive taxation make governments doubly stupid and they should be held accountible. Al Gore is still a loser and a moron.
22nd May 2006 07:59 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

This is some funny shit right here! Just so I am clear, you believe that lack of new refineries in the US are the reason that WORLDWIDE prices of gasoline have soared????

I don't claim to speak for JJ,but I'd be willing to bet that what he was driving at was the fact that Dems love to blast "Big Oil" while at the same time denying any possibility to refine our own oil or drill for it. So the cost of gas in America is higher than it has to be.

By the way the feds today came right out and said that "Big Oil" did NOT gouge anyone. The reason oil prices have skyrocketed is because demand is up worldwide with record sales in China and India. However,for Dems to scream about how the US must become less dependant on foriegn oil while at the same time voteing against any new drilling or refineries speaks volumes about their commitment to achive thier so called noble goal! ANWAR should be getting a huge petroleum enema right about now! We should be drilling of the Gulf Coast as well. The Oil Shale rock in the Rockies is begging to be refined! Yet the Dems say no to all of this,and then point to Bush and try and say,"See he comes from the [i]Oil[/i} Bussiness so he wants to screw us all!" It's bullshit,but to those who don't read and only believe what shit sites like Daily Kos or the Democratic Underground tell them lap it up! The Bush bash bussiness is in full effect! Yet the Dems are screwing us all. If I was a Dem I'd be furious about this topic.

Here--> http://today.reuters.com/news/news...&src=rss&rpc=22

Riffy
22nd May 2006 08:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
By the way the feds today came right out and said that "Big Oil" did NOT gouge anyone.

Oh yeah, and the pot calls the kettle black. And the wolves guard the chicken house.
22nd May 2006 08:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:

Oh yeah, and the pot calls the kettle black. And the wolves guard the chicken house.

They did NOT gouge anyone TTM!! That's a fact. I could give you link after link that would prove this beyond the shadow of a doubt,but to those that believe crap like Cheney worked special deals for Halliburton,Bush is in "Big Oil's" pocket,and any other stupid conspiracy nonsense,no amount of links will work. Facts just never play well to people that have their minds made up. Especially if there is anyway that Bush can be blamed. And don't getme wrong here. I am furious with Bush about a lot of things,but the price of gas has zip to do with him,and a very real and intelligent argument could be made that the Dems are scuttling any chance of lowering fuel costs by continually voting against new drilling or refining.

Riffy
22nd May 2006 08:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
They did NOT gouge anyone TTM!! That's a fact.

Well, the fact is they gouged me just this morning. I filled up for 2.83 a gallon. I was gouged!

22nd May 2006 08:33 PM
Riffhard
quote:

Well, the fact is they gouged me just this morning. I filled up for 2.83 a gallon. I was gouged!

No you paid far more than you would like to. I feel your pain,but the oil companies do not set the price of oil. Speculators and OPEC does. Not to mention the various gas station owners that must make a profit as well.

Riffy
22nd May 2006 08:37 PM
Dan I am SO glad I am within walking distance of work. And just about everything else I need.
23rd May 2006 05:40 AM
Jumping Jack Gore wows the French because he looks so much like the Michelin man!!!
23rd May 2006 09:19 AM
rasputin56 It's really the big, bad Dems fautlt for lack of refineries?

http://www.consumerwatchdog.org/energy/fs/

Oh, that's right, the FTC said everything's OK...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)