ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header vid - Jimi (black man) backstage at MSG with Rolling Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th May 2006 12:00 AM
sirmoonie That is fucking great! Where the hell do you people find this stuff?

Man, I love hanging out on Rolling Stones message boards.

I'm speechlessness. Jimi!
20th May 2006 12:02 AM
LadyJane Moonie check PM ASAP

The Slots
20th May 2006 12:08 AM
Altamont It's great footage! Too bad there's no sound for the Taylor & Jimi part. Why does the soundman keep tapping his mic ? Talk about the absolute worst timing for a video camera to have an audio fuck up!
20th May 2006 12:15 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Moonie check PM ASAP

The Slots

You too
20th May 2006 01:40 AM
masoudi Does anyone know when Brian recorded his part with Hendrix. Was it in the states or england. Do we know what instruments he exactly played during that recording
20th May 2006 01:51 AM
Altamont
quote:
masoudi wrote:
Does anyone know when Brian recorded his part with Hendrix. Was it in the states or england. Do we know what instruments he exactly played during that recording

guessing england 1967 or 1968. think he played sitar.
20th May 2006 03:42 AM
padre There definitily must be an audio for this clip. They're just waiting the right time to release all this stuff with audio (2009 40th anniversary Gimme Shelter?).
The tapping on the mic for the editor is for synching the audio for the film.
And did you notice that there were more than one camera rolling? I also wondered if this was Stones' or Jimi's film crew since they focused so much on Jimi instead of the band.
This stuff is truly awesome!!
20th May 2006 06:31 AM
justforyou Jimi's playing the Stones' right handed guitars in the clip...
20th May 2006 07:16 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
masoudi wrote:
Does anyone know when Brian recorded his part with Hendrix. Was it in the states or england. Do we know what instruments he exactly played during that recording

From our Jimi and the Stones space here at Rocks Off

Later this year, early October Jimi and Brian compose and record together at Olympic Sound Studios in London two takes of "My Little One" with Chas Chandler producing and Eddie Kramer engineering and the following line-up:

Brian Jones - Sitar and percussions

Jimi Hendrix - Guitar

Dave Mason - Bass and sitar

Mitch Mitchell – Drums

If you want you can download both takes of "My Little One" here http://www.rocksoff.org/jimi.htm
20th May 2006 07:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Altamont wrote:
It's great footage! Too bad there's no sound for the Taylor & Jimi part. Why does the soundman keep tapping his mic ? Talk about the absolute worst timing for a video camera to have an audio fuck up!

Yes, too bad the only audipoportion is between 5:51 and 6:54 only one minute of audio

Yes, Jimi is playing the right-handed guitar backwards, that's amazing

ALso if you see in the first part Mick is already wearing the omega and in the second is casual so I think it's also a mistake in editing the parts and the first must be after the second
20th May 2006 07:40 AM
corgi37 Mind boggling stuff. Odd that it wasnt on the Criterian Gimme Shelter. Maybe the lack of audio was why. Either way, that is history folks!
20th May 2006 07:52 AM
christijanus I believe I've heard some audio with this, but it was very bad
20th May 2006 09:01 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks Voodoo!! Only on RO- great stuff!!
20th May 2006 09:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Thanks Voodoo!! Only on RO- great stuff!!

Glad you liked it... you're great stuff... hot stuff dolly
20th May 2006 10:05 AM
UGot2Rollme Jimi backstage with the Stones in 69, man it doesn't get much better than that!

Thank you so much Mr. Voodoochile in Wonderland! I had never seen this footage.(They are only human, but somehow they are bigger than life)

Just imagine what Jimi be playin if he was still alive....

Thank God the Stones are!

and Thank God for Rocks Off!

Happy Saturday, everyone.... TURN IT UP!
20th May 2006 10:09 AM
Jumacfly Great Stuff Voodoo!!
thnaks so much! Amazing soundtrack too, what a great psychedelic sound!
20th May 2006 12:10 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
That is fucking great! Where the hell do you people find this stuff?

Hey now you codger:

Where you are going with that big gun in your hand?

Wanna protect the Mexican border, right?
20th May 2006 04:55 PM
Tom Fantastic footage and great sound thanks A LOT!!
20th May 2006 07:10 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
That is fucking great! Where the hell do you people find this stuff?

Great stuff indeed. A shame that Keith and Jimi actually haven't jammed together EVER, neither on this occasion. I was wondering if Jimi played something on that guitar, since unlike other left-handed guitar players, he used to play with the order of strings changed, the 6th string (E) on top. Been wondering if Keith allowed him to change the strings order (although Keith seemed very friendly to Jimi, something different of what every book have stated about Mick and Keith's hostility with Hendrix).
20th May 2006 07:50 PM
tumbling dice
Thank you! Voodoo you are always great..
20th May 2006 08:46 PM
speedfreakjive cool video - Hendrix could'nt look cooler, and the vibe is awesome
20th May 2006 09:51 PM
sirmoonie What kind of beer is Keith drinking?

Seeing Stu standing there - oh, that was sad.

Mick Jagger, that purposeful stride that skinny, beyond confident bastard has, has remained to this day. Easily the coolest dude this planet has ever seen.
21st May 2006 09:35 PM
Pako Gertte The best beer sirmoonie, the next one
21st May 2006 10:25 PM
Soldatti Great clip Gerardo, thanks for posting it.
22nd May 2006 07:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks everyone, for two reason we're gonna leave it today, because all of your comments, the success as it has almost 2,000 views now and Monday are the best days here
22nd May 2006 10:20 AM
GotToRollMe Great stuff, Voodoo. You rock!
22nd May 2006 12:13 PM
icydanger

Fantastic, a gem, thanks Voodoo,
nice seeing these pics in the whole context, am azed.
22nd May 2006 12:20 PM
Twostoned
quote:
icydanger wrote:

Fantastic, a gem, thanks Voodoo,
nice seeing these pics in the whole context, am azed.

This is most likely the best header I've ever seen! Thanks
22nd May 2006 12:20 PM
jb This one is not good imo...no real audio oif conversation..only highlight is MT being able to actually play with Hendrix and show why he, not Hendrix, was the best.
[Edited by jb]
22nd May 2006 12:26 PM
Nellcote "why he, not Hendrix, was the best."
I hear the '05 Acapulco Gold is of exceptional vintage.
What's your take JB?
Humor me, so I will not bury your Heat too bad vs. The Pistons...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)