ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OT: Eurovision + Lordi Return to archive
18th May 2006 08:58 AM
Monkeytonk-man Man, Eurovision song contest is on Saturaday and I can't wait.

Now i'm a long haired rocker, but there's something about the Eurovision which I find addictive, perhaps it's because it's like a car crash and you can't take your eyes away.

But here's a tip for ya, LORDI rule! seen them in concert and they put on an amazing show. some of their songs are brilliant as well. ckeck 'em out. I'm even gonna vote for 'em.

Their entry isn't one of the best things they've done, but it sure as hell beats most of the Euorpap that will be playing.

18th May 2006 09:28 AM
Zeeta I'll be watching, it's a great excuse for a piss up and a laugh. Terry Wogan does the UK commentary and he's very funny - just takes the piss out of the whole thing all the way. There's gonna be some shit and also some tasty women as well!

The UK's entry is abomnibal it really is...
He's called Daz and he's a numpty and I doubt you can call what he does music.

Anyway I'll be drinking beer and wine and eating chilli, it's become an institution!
18th May 2006 09:36 AM
Jumacfly On saturday, I will support the Monaco's singer called Severine Ferrer with her fabulous version of "coco dance".

A kind of tribute to Keef
18th May 2006 10:02 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I'll be watching, it's a great excuse for a piss up and a laugh. Terry Wogan does the UK commentary and he's very funny - just takes the piss out of the whole thing all the way. There's gonna be some shit and also some tasty women as well!

Nice to see there are people who understand what it's all about

Here people are going crazy, as if it's the Oscars or something... We're gonna gather together with some friends, watch it and share some laughs, especially with our own participation
18th May 2006 10:09 AM
Zeeta
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Nice to see there are people who understand what it's all about

Here people are going crazy, as if it's the Oscars or something... We're gonna gather together with some friends, watch it and share some laughs, especially with our own participation

Exactly - it's a blast! I mean lets face it we don't watch it for the music, it's watched for the beans, for a laugh and for the hilarious performances. If people could just grasp that and stop being so serious they'd have some fun!

How funny was Dana International - the Israeli winner 2 years ago which no-one realised was actually transexual man!!!!! Brilliant! The jews were un in arms!
18th May 2006 10:13 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I won't be looking for sure. I will be getting very drunk this saturday.
18th May 2006 10:14 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

How funny was Dana International - the Israeli winner 2 years ago which no-one realised was actually transexual man!!!!! Brilliant! The jews were un in arms!

They didn't know?! It was all over the news and tabloids here before she won Then she became sort of a celebrity and she did a "live" gig hosted by a radio station here... God, great Eurovision times

Do you remember the Greek participation with "S.A.G.A.P.O." with the robot soldiers and all?! I really wonder, cause when we failed major time with that, it was on the news for two whole weeks with people analyzing what went wrong and why So damn serious about such a silly thing.

I think we're in for a great Eurovision this year, and I don't mean the songs! Lots of fun prospects with many different countries
18th May 2006 10:16 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Do you remember Frizzle Sizzle????
18th May 2006 11:42 AM
padre Yeah, Go Lordi Go!! Hail Finland!
19th May 2006 03:54 AM
Monkeytonk-man I can't wait to hear what Wozza makes of Lordi! He really makes Eurovision. It gonna be a good night, as long as I have plenty to drink.
19th May 2006 04:38 AM
Angiegirl Holland didn't even make it to the final 24 last nite. Oh, the embarrassment. Or, relieve...
19th May 2006 05:00 AM
marko You canīt be seroius about Lordi??I mean,i listen that kind
of music,like DIO,but Lordi is way out of that league!
And i do think that,this kind of music died long ago.
19th May 2006 03:30 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat The Dutch are out. Thank God for that.
20th May 2006 11:01 AM
Jumacfly Remember what I said: "Coco dance" is going to win!!

[Edited by Jumacfly]
20th May 2006 11:10 AM
BONOISLOVE Is Kurt Cobain participating?
20th May 2006 11:15 AM
glencar I wish we could see it over here.
20th May 2006 12:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wish we could see it over here.

Why? You into automutilation?
20th May 2006 01:40 PM
glencar LOL Only when it's televised.
21st May 2006 05:35 AM
Monkey Woman LOL!!! The Sun's title after Lordi's win: "It's bat out of Helsinki"!
21st May 2006 03:21 PM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wish we could see it over here.

No you don't.
21st May 2006 03:33 PM
Jeep If you wanna see 3 minutes of pure poetry, it's here :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqBGffYpE9I

Please have a barf bag or a bucket not too far from your computer.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)