ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Horrid Dream Return to archive
May 21st, 2004 09:19 AM
Riffhard I had an incredibly disturbing dream last night. It was so detailed and downright real that it took me about ten minutes out of bed to come to grips with the fact that it was,indeed,just a dream.

I dreamt that I was watching the news and all of the sudden,...."This just in. Mick Jagger lead singer and head badboy of the legendary Rolling Stones is dead at sixty one."

They did a complete retrospective on the band and even touched on his film carreer. They also touched on the fact that the Stones were in the middle of preparations for an upcoming album and tour and that the band was completely distraught and had no comment at this time.

I cannot begin to tell you how "real" this dream felt. When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was turn on the news. I really felt that I would get online here at RO and find the whole board's population in deep mourning. Needless to say the relief that I felt after shaking the sleep out of my head was immense.

The fucked up thing is that I know one these days that this dream will indeed come true. My thoughts have always been that Ronnie would be the first to bow out,but this dream made me aware that anyone of them could kick it.

Crazy shit,huh?

Riffhard
May 21st, 2004 09:22 AM
Monkey Woman Ouch, that's scary!!! What a nightmare, Riffhard. Time waits for no one indeed... but let's hope not too soon!
May 21st, 2004 09:28 AM
throbby Damn Riffhard. That's one hell of a nightmare. Sixty one for Mick is only two months away.
May 21st, 2004 09:38 AM
Riffhard I hear ya throbby. The sixty one reference was one of the things that clued me into the fact that it was a dream. At first I thought that CNN had blown it on his age. Then,ofcourse,reality came into focus and I became aware that I was dreaming.

I woke up with a mixture of anger and mourning. It was sheer disbelief. I was angry because I felt that I(we) had been cheated out of a proper goodbye and the mouring was for obvious reasons. I felt the same way when John died. Unfortunatly,that was no dream.

Riffhard
May 21st, 2004 10:40 AM
parmeda Riffy...go back to sleep hon and dream of something else, please.
The mere thought of "that day" happening isn't even on my horizon yet. I don't wish it to be, either...

But I know how you feel about waking up from a dream that seems to be so real for you...scary, isn't it? Go grab a cocktail and snap-outta-it, okay? LOL...
May 21st, 2004 11:20 AM
LadyJane I'm with you Pammy. Can't even comprehend my reaction when "THE" day comes.

Probably try to attend the Funeral and then straight to the local Mental Hospital for severe depression. I'm not kidding. It really scares me.

LJ.
May 21st, 2004 11:26 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Don't worry, riff, my money's on Ronnie...

Joke! Joke! I'd rather have none of 'em die.

I came to a kinda scary realization yesterday - by the time I leave college four years from now, there's a very good chance that most or all of my musical idols will be dead. It really scared me. Then I realized that they're still alive and kicking now so I had to enjoy them while I had 'em! So I went to see the Who and yelled at Pete Townshend in the hopes that he'd swear at me.

-tSYX --- I can't explain...
May 21st, 2004 10:01 PM
GerryS This kind of creeped me out as I had a dream about Mick dying a few weeks ago! It was VERY vivid. He was flying over an ocean, none of the other Stones were with him on the flight..something went wrong with the plane and it crashed into the ocean...then the dream segued into broadcasts on TV of the crash. It was SO real I did the same thing; got online, turned on the TV, etc.
May 21st, 2004 11:03 PM
polksalad69 Dead Stones reference in this book. Just came across it today.

Sister North: A Novel
by Jim Kokoris
May 22nd, 2004 01:05 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
...At first I thought that CNN had blown it on his age. Then,ofcourse,reality came into focus and I became aware that I was dreaming...

Riffhard

Sounds like a scary dream indeed and we all know just how real a vivid dream can feel. Sometimes I think that although he's the healthiest of the lot, Mick will be the first to go. All it takes is one of those dreaded flights with a famous rock'n'roller aboard. And remember the close call when Bryan Ferry almost bought it in Africa? That must have been sheer terror.

On the lighter side... CNN's coverage often gives me the feeling that I must be dreaming.