ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lizzie dumps Shawn Return to archive
May 20th, 2004 05:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Jagger's daughter, Lennon's son split
Knight Ridder Newspapers
May 18, 2004
The romance of the new century is no more. Elizabeth Jagger and Sean Lennon have split, so says the New York Daily News.
No more coy smiles or come-hither looks from Mick Jagger's progeny to the heir of John Lennon's legacy. An unnamed friend tells the tab that Elizabeth, who's all of 20, thinks the 28-year-old Sean is too young, too quiet, too much a homebody for her. She's a model who loves clubbing. But who knows the enigma of celeb love?

Alas, our collective dreams of seeing a love union between these royal houses of rock will not happen. How were their final moments together? Perhaps the way Robert Burns writes in "Rokeby," "He gave his bridle reins a shake,/Said, 'Adieu for evermore, my love,/And adieu for evermore.' "

Oh waddid I do? Spelled his name wrong in the thread. Oh well....shit happens.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 20th, 2004 06:22 PM
Bloozehound

I suppose it wasn't meant to be (sniff sniff)
[Edited by Bloozehound]
May 20th, 2004 07:15 PM
polksalad69 I guess Shawn is better than seen.
May 20th, 2004 11:54 PM
gypsy I bet Sean is a total mama's boy. Good call, Lizzy.
May 21st, 2004 12:13 AM
Prodigal Son If he is a mam boy, it's no surprise considering he's been raised by just one parent, our sainted Yoko, since he was five. I mean, it's kinda hard not to be when your dad's been dead for 23 years and you never had another one later on. That being said, I'm not really that worried about Lizzie's affairs.
May 21st, 2004 02:38 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
That being said, I'm not really that worried about Lizzie's affairs.

Who in the hell should be? Only some rabid fan probably is. I've never understood the fascination people have with the people that are associated with the Stones. Lizzie? C'mon, gimme a fuggin' break! Ron, Keith, Charlie, or Mick? Now were talkin'! Stones and nothing but the Stones, baby. That's all we need. Screw the details about Lizzie and whoever else has one of their last names.
May 21st, 2004 02:54 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
I've never understood the fascination people have with the people that are associated with the Stones.

Probably cause they're sharing the same genes / DNA. And it is kind of ironic to see Mick's daughter and Lennon's son getting together, like a "who whould have thought" kind of thing.

Of course I'd much rather the Stones kids were talented musicians who could continue their parents' musical legacy but that's both wishful thinking and bad for the kids
May 21st, 2004 06:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
I've never understood the fascination people have with the people that are associated with the Stones.

Well with me, I'm kind of facinated with geneology anyway. I like tracing things backwards. It's kind of kool to watch the laws of cause and effect in action....like the history of the blues. I'd also be interested in tracing the Stones ancestry. I'll bet there's alot of intersting charachters in those bloodlines.
May 21st, 2004 07:51 AM
Gazza Sean's just gone up in my estimations.

Theres a photo of him in today's Daily Express playing at a recent gig in Central Park. He's wearing..a Stones t-shirt.

Clearly a man of wealth and taste.

I'm sure its a syndicated photo. Maybe someone will find it somewhere else and post it.
May 21st, 2004 07:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Theres a photo of him in today's Daily Express playing at a recent gig in Central Park. He's wearing..a Stones t-shirt.

Clearly a man of wealth and taste.

Well he has been a Stones fan for quite awhile anyway, I think. But whether or not that makes someone a "man of wealth and taste" or not I don't know. "Stonesfanism" seems just simple common sense to me.
May 21st, 2004 11:01 AM
Main Offender Maybe Lizzie gave him the shirt for free.
May 21st, 2004 11:14 AM
Bloozehound Maybe he's wearing the T-shirt cuz he's mourning her loss, his little heart is "shattered....shidobee...shattered shattered..."
May 21st, 2004 01:47 PM
gypsy I have the pic...I'll send it to Voodoo.
May 21st, 2004 04:55 PM
Night Clerk You can also check out that photo of Sean in the Stones shirt in the current issue of Rolling Stone mag - the one with D12 on the cover.