ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Voodoo Pugs Chicago Stones Tribute Show March 13 Return to archive
May 19th, 2004 05:44 PM
voodoopug Although, they are listed on our website at www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs (all Rocks Offers, stop by real quick and sign our guestbook!!), here are the upcoming dates, with more to come:

May 22 @ O'Malley's in Alsip, IL (119th and Pulaski) This is a huge club with a top notch sound system and a large dance floor. We are co-headlining the bill with national act "KK" (www.ktbmusic.com)

June 11 @ Sam Maguires in Orland Park, IL (located on the road circling Orland Square Mall in what used to be called "The Charley Horse") This is one of the larger Irish Bars in CHicago and we plan on blowing the roof off of this one. Murphy's Law will open the show with the acoustic duo act (which is awesome to hear!)

June 18 @ The Big Horse Tavern in CHicago, IL (1558 N. Milwaukee, about 500 feet south of the Double Door) This is a fun room to play with plenty of room to get down! Murphy's Law will play their acoustic show at 9 and we go on right after them! They also have good post-show burrittos available! YUM!

June 26 @ Weeds in Chicago, IL (1555 N. Dayton) Murphy's Law will be the opener in this club loaded with character (and a bunch of bras on the ceiling!) Show starts at 9.

July 10 @ Tommy's Place in Blue Island (123rd and Western) If you are from the south side and like beer, you have been to this neighborhood before! We go on first at 9:00, should be a great show as this place has a great sound system. This show will also be our CD Release party! For all of you who have been asking for a Voodoo Pugs CD...they will be released first here! be the first to get your hands on them!

Better catch us soon before my son is born!! I have a feeling shows will be less frequent after July! Thank you for your continued support Shidoobees!

At the Next few shows i am going to be gathering pictures of our fans for a new section on our web page, so make sure to smile real big when you see us!

email me at [email protected] if you need directions or have questions or would like a date with our bass player, Rob Voss.
May 20th, 2004 01:35 PM
jb Good Luck VodooPug.....hopefully fellow Chicaga members of the board will show their support.
May 20th, 2004 02:13 PM
voodoopug Thanks Josh,

One day we will take the show down to the sunshine state so you can check us out and heckle!

Cheers to ya!

John

P.S. I am waiting for Joey to post a smiley face showing his support!"
May 20th, 2004 02:15 PM
jb If you come down, we can go to "fat tuesdays" and pick up interracial chicks!!!
May 20th, 2004 02:17 PM
voodoopug i am looking for a mix between Mongolian and Antarctican....will i have luck and will she mind that my wife would want to check her over first?

we need to find a club that would fly the whole damn band on their wallet down to FLA and book us....and no crappy plane..i want the "Ted Danson Plane"! (Costanza 1995)
May 20th, 2004 08:31 PM
parmeda Hey Tele! I'm thirsty...

Pick one of these dates and I'll let ya buy me a drink
May 20th, 2004 10:57 PM
voodoopug Tele is the lead guitarist. I am the singer. anyone of those shows would be great. Although the best venues are at sam maguires, omalleys, and Tommy's Place (Old JD Batts). I would be proud to buy you a cocktail.

John

sign our guestbook at:
www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs
May 21st, 2004 10:43 AM
parmeda pug...you can buy me 2 drinks

I'll let you know which show I can make it to.
And hey!...can I wear my Cubs jersey? You won't have one of the thugs kick my ass out will ya? ...lol
May 21st, 2004 02:06 PM
voodoopug unfortunately, our drummer and bass player are cub fans and while i hold a guitar, i would never use it as a weapon because frankly i cant afford to replace it. Phil on the other hand can buy new drumsticks cheap and has no problems plunking me in the back of the head with one when i go on a white sox rant!

looking forward to meeting you!
May 21st, 2004 02:23 PM
polksalad69
quote:
parmeda wrote:
pug...you can buy me 2 drinks

I'll let you know which show I can make it to.
And hey!...can I wear my Cubs jersey? You won't have one of the thugs kick my ass out will ya? ...lol

Which show you going to? Cubs, nah, wear some shamrocks or something on the South Side.
May 21st, 2004 07:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Which show you going to? Cubs, nah, wear some shamrocks or something on the South Side.

Now You're talking!

Come on out to all the shows!
May 21st, 2004 10:59 PM
polksalad69
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Now You're talking!

Come on out to all the shows!

Sat night is a possibility. Alsip is far south for me. Used to have a buddy in Blue Island.