ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neil Young's "Campaigner" (nsc) Return to archive
May 19th, 2004 04:37 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy ...is now one of my favorite songs ever.

Wow... just... wow. This is the first song I've heard on the first listen that's almost brought me to tears.

They don't make songs like this anymore.

-tSYX --- Roads stretch out like healthy veins and wild gift horses strain the reins, where even Richard Nixon has got soul...
May 19th, 2004 04:40 PM
Prodigal Son Yes, that's more great folkie acoustic Neil. I don't know how he does it but he makes a political song sound like a lost, lonely forlorn song of a real quirky guy. Others sound too preachy and vindictive with political songs (even Neil with CSN doing "Ohio" is guilty of this). Like I've said, Neil is in my top 5 all-time favourite artists ever.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
May 19th, 2004 04:42 PM
Nasty Habits I was just listening to its companion piece, "Ambulance Blues", this morning, Zizz, and Campaigner snuck into my head, too. What a fine song.

Hotel queens, magazines, test tube genes and slot machines!
May 19th, 2004 06:33 PM
Lazy Bones I have an outtake of Campaigner that I almost like better than the released version.

See if I can remember what is on...
May 20th, 2004 03:12 AM
Prodigal Son Of course that song is on Decade, so you probably already have most of his best stuff. But what is the essentially classic Neil 70s period is the triple threat of On the Beach, Tonight's the Night and Zuma! Just wonderful. No back-to-back-to-back albums of his stand up that well, not even Everybody Knows, After the Gold Rush and Harvest.
-"Though I've campaigned all my life, toward that goal."