ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: R.I.P. Leonard Rosenberg ( NSC ) Return to archive
May 18th, 2004 11:52 AM
Joey " Tony Randall ( real name : Leonard Rosenberg ) , the comic actor best known for playing fastidious photographer Felix Unger on "The Odd Couple," has died. He was 84.

Randall died in his sleep Monday night at NYU Medical Center of complications from a long illness, according to his publicity firm, Springer Associates. The actor developed pneumonia after undergoing heart bypass surgery in December.

He is survived by his wife, Heather Harlan Randall, who made him a father for the first time at age 77, and their two children, 7-year-old Julia Laurette and 5-year-old Jefferson Salvini.

Randall was hospitalized after starring for a month in "Right You Are," a revival of Luigi Pirandello's play by the National Actors Theatre, which he founded.

In a tribute to the actor, known for his work on stage as well as television, lights at all the Broadway theaters were to be dimmed at 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Randall won an Emmy for playing Unger on the sitcom based on Neil Simon's play and movie. The show ran from 1970-75, but Randall won after it had been canceled, prompting him to quip at the awards ceremony: "I'm so happy I won. Now if I only had a job."

The show's charm sprang from Randall's chemistry and conflict with Jack Klugman (news) as sloppy sportswriter Oscar Madison, with whom he's forced to share an apartment after both men get divorced.

Before that, Randall was best known as the fastidious "best friend" figure in several Rock Hudson (news)-Doris Day (news) movies, including 1959's "Pillow Talk" and 1961's "Lover Come Back."

The actor became a fixture on David Letterman's late-night talk shows, appearing a record 70 times on the "Late Show" alone. He made fun of his own prim image by taking part in Letterman's wacky antics, including allowing himself to be covered in mud. "

R. I. P. to a Great Man and a Great Jew !!!!!!!

JJJJJJJJ the Fly !

May 18th, 2004 11:53 AM
jb Thanks Joey..
May 18th, 2004 11:56 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Joey..

Anytime My Brother ...............it is a sad day

Hopefully , David Letterman will pay tribute to him on his show this evening .
May 18th, 2004 11:56 AM
egon is he that little guy that used to come on stage and hardly say anything?
May 18th, 2004 11:58 AM
jb NO...he played Felix Unger in "The Odd Couple"..he was also banging a chicj in her late 30's!!!! Nicw way to spend your golden years...
May 18th, 2004 11:59 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
is he that little guy that used to come on stage and hardly say anything?

No , that was Larry " Bud " Melman ( real name : Calvert Deforest ) -- Another Great Man and Another Jew !
May 18th, 2004 12:00 PM
egon photo?
throbby Yes, a very sad day. He was one of my favorites.
jb JOey, what happened to larry "Bud" melman? Letterman hasn't mentioned him in years..a salary dispute? Also, what happened to my idol, Chris Elliott, perhaps the funniest man of all time!!!
May 18th, 2004 12:07 PM
Joey " Joey, what happened to larry "Bud" melman? Letterman hasn't mentioned him in years..a salary dispute? "

No , turned " blue " and " kicked it " in 1998 .

" Also, what happened to my idol, Chris Elliott, perhaps the funniest man of all time!!! "

Chris was on Letterman's show about two months ago but bombed " Big Time " ................He's lost it I am afraid ( see The MaxLugar , circa 2004 )

Chris Elliott was phenomenal on the old Letterman Show ( remember his stint as " Marlon Brando " ?!?! ) .

Jacky !
May 18th, 2004 12:10 PM
jb I loved his sitcom,...hilarious..Also, he was too funny when he use to play the guy who came out from under the stage on Letterman...also, he would wear those hilarious hair pieces...By the way, I never, ever, liked Paul Schaefer!
P.S.-are yiu sure about "melman"?
May 18th, 2004 12:11 PM
Joey " ...By the way, I never, ever, liked Paul Schaefer! "

He's a fellow Jew !!!!

" P.S.-are yiu sure about "melman"? "

Googling .......................................
May 18th, 2004 12:13 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Joey wrote:
Chris Elliott was phenomenal on the old Letterman Show ( remember his stint as " Marlon Brando " ?!?! ) .

What was the character that had all the moles on his face?
May 18th, 2004 12:17 PM
Joey " What was the character that had all the moles on his face? "

How did you get more posts than me ?!?!
May 18th, 2004 12:21 PM
polksalad69 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0254402/
May 18th, 2004 12:22 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" What was the character that had all the moles on his face? "

How did you get more posts than me ?!?!

His posts do not count!!! They are an accumulation from other novogate boards...he is disqualified from the competion!!!
May 18th, 2004 12:38 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
jb wrote:

His posts do not count!!! They are an accumulation from other novogate boards...he is disqualified from the competion!!!

Old news.
May 18th, 2004 12:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh no, no no JB.

Whatever shows up under your post count is what we go by.

You are losing.

That is pretty fuckin' funny, IMO.

You best redouble your efforts. Go hijack the Happy thread again.
May 18th, 2004 12:53 PM
Factory Girl
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A36052-2004May18.html
May 18th, 2004 02:14 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Thank You My Brother .
May 18th, 2004 03:35 PM
F505 What was Tony Randall's relation with the Rolling Stones?
May 18th, 2004 03:41 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
F505 wrote:
What was Tony Randall's relation with the Rolling Stones?

He fucked Mick in the loo at Cannes, circa 1977.

Everyone knows that, dipshit. Know your trivia next time!

May 18th, 2004 03:44 PM
F505 And what is your relation with the Stones you old bearded teethless hag? (Besides the fact that you are still one of Bill Wyman's favourite groupies)
[Edited by F505]
May 18th, 2004 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

He fucked Mick in the loo at Cannes, circa 1977.

Everyone knows that, dipshit. Know your trivia next time!

You're being very truculent this afternoon Lamby .....
May 18th, 2004 08:32 PM
glencar Remember when Jerri Hall used to show up on Letterman? Those were the days my friends...
May 19th, 2004 09:00 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Joey, what happened to larry "Bud" melman? Letterman hasn't mentioned him in years..a salary dispute? "

No , turned " blue " and " kicked it " in 1998 .

" Also, what happened to my idol, Chris Elliott, perhaps the funniest man of all time!!! "

Chris was on Letterman's show about two months ago but bombed " Big Time " ................He's lost it I am afraid ( see The MaxLugar , circa 2004 )

Jacky !

nice tribute on Letterman last night (to Bob's "Forever Young").

_____

saw Chris Elliot at a sushi restaurant in town (where I was eating with my wife) on Friday night...

he looks good.
May 19th, 2004 09:08 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Joey wrote:

You're being very truculent this afternoon Lamby .....

You are sassy!
May 19th, 2004 09:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

You are sassy!

Come to Joey !!!!!
May 19th, 2004 09:42 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Come to Joey !!!!!

I'm going to Taco Bell for lunch.

I think I want to change personas again....