ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will this happen? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 20th, 2004 09:51 AM
nankerphelge So.....did they show?

Where are our people on the ground??
May 20th, 2004 09:59 AM
Gazza check out the following post on IORR this morning

http://www.iorr.org/talk/list.php?f=1

My encounter with Don Was on Tuesday night
Author: Halup (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 05-20-04 06:59

On Tuesday at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, ASCAP held their annual pop music awards where special awards were being given out to Jackson Browne and Metallica. Myself and a friend decided to stop by there around the time it was ending to try to meet some of the musicians in attendance and get them to sign some albums for our collections, similar to 2 weeks ago at the Wiltern where we got Keith, Toots, Willie and others to sign.

After the event ended, as everyone was leaving, I saw Don Was, carrying a standup bass, walking out of the ballroom along with a few other musicians, so I thought I would try to get some info out of him on the upcoming Stones sessions. Jackson Browne had performed at the event, so I don't know if Don was playing backup for him or if it was something else. I had enough time to ask Don 3 questions as he was loading the bass into the back of a car parked outside.

I first asked if he was going to be working with the Stones on the upcoming sessions. He answered "hopefully". I next asked when they would be starting and he answered only with "soon". Then I asked if they would be going back to the material from Paris from 2002. He said they would as there are some good things in that, but also said that there are also some newer songs that they will try as well. With that he got in his car and drove off. He was a little guarded on what info he would give out, but other than that he seemed to be a friendly guy and he signed my friend's ASCAP program that he had found. So it's not a lot of information, but it is more confirmation that the boys are fully intending to record a new album. As this was the evening on May 18th, it makes it clear that the rumored start date of May 20th won't happen, at least not with Don's participation.

[Edited by Gazza]
May 20th, 2004 10:31 AM
Snappy McJack They probably have to include Don Was as they are most likely going to use outtakes from VL and B2B.

But I think that's a bit lame. Hello? Rick Rubin? Brendan O'Brien? Can't they get somebody that is actually going to push them a bit instead of just sitting on the floor indian-style and saying "That's cool!" to everything they do?
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
May 20th, 2004 10:38 AM
F505 Maybe they should try Daniel Lanois who "saved" Bob Dylan in the eighties...
May 20th, 2004 11:53 AM
Monkey Woman DW was obviously being careful about what he could and could not say, but so far he basically confirmed the rumours we've had from Stonesdoug and Mr D.: the Stones want to do an album this year and are planning to go into the studio soon, but they wont have so much work to do because they'll use previously recorded material in addition to a few new songs. So "this" (the album) will happen, but May 20th must have been a tentative date. It's a holiday here, anyway, so the studios may be closed!
Better look again next week...
May 20th, 2004 11:57 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
F505 wrote:
Maybe they should try Daniel Lanois who "saved" Bob Dylan in the eighties...

I thought that was Jesus!

[rimshot]

May 20th, 2004 12:09 PM
Monkey Woman There's a solution: hire Jesus! Oh, wait, Mel Gibson already did...
May 20th, 2004 12:22 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
There's a solution: hire Jesus! Oh, wait, Mel Gibson already did...

May 20th, 2004 12:59 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
jb wrote:

Page: 1 2