ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will this happen? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 18th, 2004 07:38 AM
marko Stones are supposed to go to studio on this Thursday,may
20th 2004,will it happen?
I really hope so.
May 18th, 2004 07:48 AM
LadyJane I read a great post on Doug's Board that made me relax about this topic. Mr Deeeee wrote that the May 20th date was never confirmed, but rest assured the album will come out this year. He went on to say that some of the tracks are near completion and we should all calm down. I believe him to be a very reliable source. I have Faith.

Hope that helps!!

LJ.
May 18th, 2004 08:54 AM
Main Offender I am still very worried. They (Stones) don't seem to be getting it together. Keith is going to LA in July, that alone has me sick with worry.
May 18th, 2004 11:16 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Main Offender wrote:
Keith is going to LA in July, that alone has me sick with worry.

Oh Come On!

Pull yourself together! Something is going to happen, we know that much. Charlie has been quoted as saying they will tour. Theres no way the Stones would tour without an album to support it.

The rumours for a new release are too strong for it not to be true, in my opinion.

Alex
May 18th, 2004 11:23 AM
jb This really concerns me.
May 18th, 2004 12:02 PM
Gazza sick with worry? lets get some perspective here fer Chrissake.

The Stones could bash enough left over songs together to make an album in a few WEEKS.

So what if Keith does something for a few days in July? Hardly a huge gap in the schedule. Who's to say everything has to be recorded by then? They could easily go in after and do some overdubs, mixing whatever. They never do everything regarding the recording and mixing of an album in one session anyway, theres always other things that pop up that are pre-arranged. Its hardly a big deal.

They're not expected to tour until the new year, so that gives them about 8 months to put an album out to tie in with it.

The bottom line is : Charlie cancelled dates in June because he had recording commitments with the Stones. Thats fact, not supposition.

Anyone freaked out by all this seriously needs to get out more.
May 18th, 2004 12:06 PM
jb Thanks Gazza..it's just that I am going through a lot now..health issues, personal matters, insomnia....thes things take a toll on the psyche and create a sick mind....I refuse to see a professional as the anti-depressants tend to cause you to gain weight and have other side effects we all know about.
May 18th, 2004 12:09 PM
Joey " Thanks Gazza..it's just that I am going through a lot now..health issues, personal matters, insomnia....thes things take a toll on the psyche and create a sick mind....I refuse to see a professional as the anti-depressants tend to cause you to gain weight and have other side effects we all know about. "

This really concerns me .
May 18th, 2004 12:10 PM
Gazza >these things take a toll on the psyche and create a sick mind.

ah I knew there was some excuse!! But youve ALWAYS had a sick mind!

LISTEN:

they'll record

they'll tour

they'll entertain us

We'll have fun and we'll bitch as usual

Just listen to yer uncle Gazza, Josh - all will be ok
[Edited by Gazza]
May 18th, 2004 12:10 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Anyone freaked out by all this seriously needs to get out more.

Oh, I think the time has come to get up get out!

Remember those rumors about the boys re-recording all those un-realeased 70's tracks? True? Because thats what they need to do yeah.

May 18th, 2004 12:12 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Oh, I think the time has come to get up get out!

Remember those rumors about the boys re-recording all those un-realeased 70's tracks? True? Because thats what they need to do yeah.

I would like to bite and kiss you .
May 18th, 2004 12:14 PM
Joey " Oh, I think the time has come to get up / get out! "

Unfortunately , sometimes I am too drunk to do so ...........................

{ CA - RACK }

Triple Ronnie !

Smercee Jersee Joe Boy !

[Edited by Joey]
May 18th, 2004 12:14 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:
I would like to bite and kiss you .

Go down on me baby.
May 18th, 2004 12:16 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Go down on me baby.

You are and ALWAYS will be my Baby Steelie ( the one I love so much )
May 18th, 2004 12:27 PM
Zeeta I would like to hear an album.

However, I really think they should mix it up a bit or do something really different next tour.

Perhaps have just the four of them on stage playing - Ronnie on bass?!?!

Any ideas on how they could mix it up?
May 18th, 2004 02:08 PM
Joey " Any ideas on how they could mix it up? "

No.
May 18th, 2004 05:50 PM
Gazza >Any ideas on how they could mix it up?

yes, they could play 3 different sized venues - theatres, arenas and stadiums, and then play different type of setlists for each venue, with a greater variety of songs than they'd ever attempted before...

oh wait....er....
May 18th, 2004 05:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Any ideas on how they could mix it up?

yes, they could play 3 different sized venues - theatres, arenas and stadiums, and then play different type of setlists for each venue, with a greater variety of songs than they'd ever attempted before...

oh wait....er....

You make Joey giggle .
May 18th, 2004 08:39 PM
glencar I want lotsa b-sides this time.
May 18th, 2004 10:58 PM
BILL PERKS CLUB SHOW SETLIST-I'M DREAMING
DOWN THE ROAD APIECE
BLACK LIMOUSINE
I'M GONNA DRIVE
CRY TO ME
SPIDER AND THE FLY
BITCH
WINTER
TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE
DANCE
SHE WAS HOT
HAD IT WITH YOU
JUMP ON TOP OF ME
WHAT A SHAME
STUPID GIRL
CONNECTION
HOW CAN I STOP
THRU THE LONELY NIGHTS
COUNTRY HONK
STOP BREAKIN DOWN
STREET FIGHTIN MAN-ACOUSTIC
May 19th, 2004 06:58 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:

oh wait....er....

Yeah they mixed it up fairly well last tour so no doubt they will endeavor to mix it up again!

I think doing a residency somewhere would be cool, some theatre in London / NYC / Paris for 1 week at a time.
May 19th, 2004 09:28 AM
Joey " Yeah they mixed it up fairly well last tour so no doubt they will endeavor to mix it up again! "

Agreed !!!! This past tour featured :

THE BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!!

..........it just keeps getting better and better .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jercee Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
May 19th, 2004 10:16 AM
Gazza >Any ideas on how they could mix it up?

they could really shake things up on the organization front by making the most expensive tickets the ones at the very back or even in the car park (so that some fans can still boast that they paid $10,000 for their ticket) and use a similar system for the fan club packages so people can brag that they paid $30,000 for crappy tickets for 3 or 4 shows plus a flight where they had to sit with the cargo and accommodation in a no-star hotel with rising damp and that the Stones and their organisation fucked them over even MORE than last time and it was STILL worth every penny!

Meanwhile, they could set everyone a little exam whereby they sent every ticket applicant an audio clip of 30 seconds of say 20 songs that WERENT on "40 Licks" and the fans who recognised them got to sit in the front 10 rows for tickets that cost them $50, and the Stones would play a set that mostly consisted of such songs.

Every person who gets a corporate ticket for these shows should also have to pass this test in order to gain admittance. They should also have ants inserted into their underwear immediately prior to the show to force them into dancing and help them remember that its a Rolling Stones concert, not a funeral.

Each night Keith or Ronnie could feature a "name that tune" slot in the show for the people near the front, and the first person to shout out the correct title of the obscure song in question would get to spend the night with either Lisa or Mick. Depending on their moods, maybe both.

In the middle of the show, the Stones could then come out to the very back of the arena and play three (no more) "greatest hits" to the aforementioned people at the back of the hall to give them their money's worth. The fans in question would be allowed to choose these songs by a webvote from a list of about 20 songs.
May 19th, 2004 10:22 AM
LadyJane Gazza..I think you need to contact Cohl ASAP!!!

One addition....the first 5 rows of every show reserved for the RO family!!

LJ.
May 19th, 2004 10:30 AM
I, your glass
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Gazza..it's just that I am going through a lot now..health issues, personal matters, insomnia....thes things take a toll on the psyche and create a sick mind....I refuse to see a professional as the anti-depressants tend to cause you to gain weight and have other side effects we all know about.

Joey has more posts than you.

May 19th, 2004 10:40 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they could really shake things up on the organization front by making the most expensive tickets the ones at the very back or even in the car park (so that some fans can still boast that they paid $10,000 for their ticket) and use a similar system for the fan club packages so people can brag that they paid $30,000 for crappy tickets for 3 or 4 shows plus a flight where they had to sit with the cargo and accommodation in a no-star hotel with rising damp and that the Stones and their organisation fucked them over even MORE than last time and it was STILL worth every penny!

Meanwhile, they could set everyone a little exam whereby they sent every ticket applicant an audio clip of 30 seconds of say 20 songs that WERENT on "40 Licks" and the fans who recognised them got to sit in the front 10 rows for tickets that cost them $50, and the Stones would play a set that mostly consisted of such songs.

Every person who gets a corporate ticket for these shows should also have to pass this test in order to gain admittance. They should also have ants inserted into their underwear immediately prior to the show to force them into dancing and help them remember that its a Rolling Stones concert, not a funeral.

Each night Keith or Ronnie could feature a "name that tune" slot in the show for the people near the front, and the first person to shout out the correct title of the obscure song in question would get to spend the night with either Lisa or Mick. Depending on their moods, maybe both.

In the middle of the show, the Stones could then come out to the very back of the arena and play three (no more) "greatest hits" to the aforementioned people at the back of the hall to give them their money's worth. The fans in question would be allowed to choose these songs by a webvote from a list of about 20 songs.

Good stuff, Gazza.

I was just browsing Shidoobee and there is a topic titled "Madonna worth 300+" or something like that. It follows with an article talking about how if you want the best seats to a Madonna show, the most you have to fork over is over $300.

Now, I don't think it's worth that much to see ANYBODY! I think that if people are going to lambast her for that, then people should not be hypocritical and say that it's ok for the Rolling Stones to do it.

I can't believe that they (I'm not singling out the Stones) are getting away with charging these prices, anyway. It seems that these veteran artists only cater to one specific market at this time: People with careers and a good amount of money. I thought that music was this universal thing, ya know? It's not really even a concert, it's more like an event. People are standing, screaming and waiting impatiently to hear "Start Me Up" during "If You Can't Rock Me."

But is it possible for ticket prices to go down as the years go by? I doubt it. These guys are mainly in it for the amount of money they are making. If it were really about "being in a band and trying to find out what's next" (or one of Keith's other ridiculous quotes; not sure if this is exact!!) wouldn't they still have ideas and release new material? The fact that they haven't done this (sans 4 new songs on "Forty Licks" -- big deal, right?) in 7 years reflects their attitude; they only want the "sure thing." And that is the fact that they make money on tour and not by sitting in the studio; hell, I hope that they aren't making an album because they can't get a hit or sell billions of copies. That would be ludicrous.
May 19th, 2004 11:52 AM
Martha Gazza, I think you need to take over Michael Cohl's position immediately! LOL
May 19th, 2004 09:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza, I think you need to take over Michael Cohl's position immediately! LOL

I think the same...
May 20th, 2004 09:12 AM
Zeeta Excellent post Gazza - I asked for it! THAT would be mixing it up real good!

Ronnie on Bass would be a good idea though - admit it!
May 20th, 2004 09:31 AM
steel driving hammer Possible name of their next tour?

"The Fuck The Beatles Majesties Tour"
Page: 1 2