ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith confirmed in POTC sequel Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 16th, 2004 08:51 AM
Monkey Woman I'm posting this in a new thread because the other has been hijacked to hell!

Sources: Shidoobee and ComingSoon.net

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4739

Pirates of the Caribbean Sequels Confirmations! Source: Coming Soon! Saturday, May 15, 2004

Two cool news bits have come in this weekend about the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. First up, Dark Horizons received a report from the NATO (North American Theatre Owners) annual meeting where Disney talked about the franchise.

He went on to talk about the sequel(s) to Pirates and said the entire cast and production team would be back. He said production would begin shortly on Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3 and they would be released six months apart in 2006. This was news to me as I had only heard their was going to be one sequel.

This confirms earlier speculation by the Hollywood trades that Disney was going to shoot two sequels at once, much like the second and third "Matrix" films.

ComingSoon.net has also confirmed with a very reliable source that Johnny Depp's wish has come true. Rolling Stones' Keith Richards will indeed play Captain Jack Sparrow's dad in the sequel. As you probably know by now, Depp modeled Sparrow in the first film after the musician.

Someone at Shidoobee added that Keith will have 4 days on set, so it shouldn't really delay any Stones projects...
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=8196.topic
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
May 16th, 2004 11:01 AM
gimmekeef Arrrrrhhh...It's good to be here matey's....It's good to be anywhere!!!!
May 16th, 2004 11:37 AM
LadyJane Great news...Keith will be great!

How ironic. Keith Richards will be "employed" by Disney???

LJ.
May 16th, 2004 11:37 AM
Riffhard That's great news as far as I'm concerned! I knew that Keith was approched by Depp,but I never truly believed that Keef would get the role as Jack Sparrow's old man. I have no doubt that he will pull it of brilliantly. I hope he get's more than one or two lines.

Riffhard
May 16th, 2004 11:43 AM
Gimme Shelter Thats totally cool, I can't wait to see it!!!
May 16th, 2004 12:19 PM
egon I shiver...
May 16th, 2004 01:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
That's great news as far as I'm concerned! I have no doubt that he will pull it of brilliantly. I hope he get's more than one or two lines.
Riffhard

Yeah. This has GOT to be good! I'm glad he's doing it. The only regret I have is that I have no input into the script. LOL. I'm sure these writers are beside themselves with glee. Keith as a Disney charachter has endless possibilites. But it is Disney so ultimately it has to appeal to children. I mean it can't be "dark" like Hitchcock or Twilight Zone....which would be my particular bent.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 16th, 2004 03:51 PM
Moonisup oh no
May 16th, 2004 08:26 PM
luxury1 I cant wait to see if Mick will bite his tongue, or come out with a bit of a snide comment regarding Keith's foray into the cinematic world.
I bet Keith will be fun to watch.--especially playing off Depp.
May 16th, 2004 09:49 PM
gypsy I just ran into the living room...jumping up and down about this! My boyfriend said "I'm glad to see you happy...only wish I could make you as happy as Keith." Ha!
May 16th, 2004 10:55 PM
corgi37 Only a Corgi could give you happiness Gypsy. I'd give ya the best 20 seconds of your life.
May 17th, 2004 03:05 AM
FotiniD YEAH!!!!!!!!

This is the best news I've heard in a long, long while (well, actually not that long, last good ones were Saturday and hmm, half NSC, but anyway!).

Come on Captain Keith, show us what you got Oh, this is a miracle. I'm gonna break the world record of most same-film attendances!

May 17th, 2004 09:00 AM
Poplar hopes:
first things first: Pappa Pirate MUST be in a bar. With that, he must be drinking. I'm also looking for a fight, some kind of a knife duel or something. Furthermore, his pirate costume should draw from his normal look: scarves, chest showing, etc. he's already got the hair shit. Lastly, let him be tough and mean. It would suit him.

my only fear (from the disney peeps) is that they put a guitar in is hand. Not a deal breaker by any means, but that would seem hokey to me. i'd also resist the temptation to steal stones lines ... "ya can't always get what ya want" etc.
May 17th, 2004 09:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Poplar wrote:
first things first: Pappa Pirate MUST be in a bar. With that, he must be drinking.

You know, for a very strange (or not) reason, the minute I heard about Johnny's wish for Keith to play his dad, I just pictured him in a bar right getting drunk right off Who knows why? lol

quote:
Poplar wrote:
my only fear (from the disney peeps) is that they put a guitar in is hand. Not a deal breaker by any means, but that would seem hokey to me. i'd also resist the temptation to steal stones lines ... "ya can't always get what ya want" etc.

Oh come on, I wouldn't mind. It'd be funny. I don't think this is meant to be taken too seriously - I mean, on Shidoobbee there are folks who think this is going to be a disaster for his image / career and so on. That's too much! It's just a funny little move, it was Johnny's idea after all and I think we'll all enjoy it, and mostly Keith, who's been playing with the pirate image for ages now.

I CANNOT WAIT
May 17th, 2004 12:52 PM
egon altamond... dirty work... pirates 2,

it seemed like such a good idea at the time.
May 17th, 2004 02:04 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
altamond... dirty work... pirates 2,

I'm afraid Keith will make a fool of himself. But maybe it'll be funny. I live in hope.
May 17th, 2004 03:15 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I'm afraid Keith will make a fool of himself. But maybe it'll be funny. I live in hope.

Of course he will make a fool of himself. But that is the fun. Remember the stairway incindent!! That was great !
May 17th, 2004 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Oh come on, I wouldn't mind. It'd be funny. I don't think this is meant to be taken too seriously - I mean, on Shidoobbee there are folks who think this is going to be a disaster for his image / career and so on.

Indeed. Don't take ANYTHING too seriously.
I wonder if Disney will be marketing Capain Jack Sparrow and Father Pirate Sparrow action figures???
May 17th, 2004 06:29 PM
Martha I think this is great news! Thanks MW!

<-----------ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
May 17th, 2004 07:35 PM
Saint Sway looks like I might actually go to a movie theatre again
May 17th, 2004 08:08 PM
corgi37 10 thousand motels!!! Yes!!! Top idea. Keef action figure. Oh, man, the joy that woud bring. How cool would it be. With a bottle or rum and some roll your own ciggies as accessories. Hopefully Keith can dig up his old bone earring to wear again.
P.S. For autheniticity, would the doll have track marks in its arms?
May 17th, 2004 08:58 PM
stonedinaustralia yes the keith in a bar scenario is one that came to mind

another was that jack had to go see his old man in order to get some long lost info - e.g. an old map or something and Jack vists his old man who lives in a run down old mansion on one of the carribean islands

the scene takes place in the study - keith surrounded by old books, native artifacts, various guns and swords and a giant talking parrot

keith gives jack the piece of the map he needs to find more treasure only this time a long trip in-land in central america is required so it presents some danger to jack as he is not used to getting too far away from the sea

keith then gives jack a little gift to use in case of an emergency - some "colombian marching powder" made by the natives from the leaf of the cocoa plant - this last of course is highy unlikely given that it's a disney film - but it's an entertaining thought
May 18th, 2004 02:42 AM
FotiniD
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
yes the keith in a bar scenario is one that came to mind

another was that jack had to go see his old man in order to get some long lost info - e.g. an old map or something and Jack vists his old man who lives in a run down old mansion on one of the carribean islands

the scene takes place in the study - keith surrounded by old books, native artifacts, various guns and swords and a giant talking parrot

keith gives jack the piece of the map he needs to find more treasure only this time a long trip in-land in central america is required so it presents some danger to jack as he is not used to getting too far away from the sea

keith then gives jack a little gift to use in case of an emergency - some "colombian marching powder" made by the natives from the leaf of the cocoa plant - this last of course is highy unlikely given that it's a disney film - but it's an entertaining thought

God SIA, that's one good scenario They should ask us here at Rocks Off before shooting the film! I think we should send all our ideas to Disney
May 18th, 2004 02:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
egon wrote:
altamond... dirty work... pirates 2,

You can't compare gigs with albums with films! For crying out loud, Altamont ended in tragedy, Dirty Work the same more or less but on a different level but this is just a flick, it's nothing to get crazy about. It won't destroy Keith's image - let me say, only enhance it! - it won't alter the Stones' plans and it's going to be fun!

We'll all enjoy it guys and gals, just wait and see
May 19th, 2004 12:06 AM
stonedinaustralia further details of my projected scene:

giant parrott is named "mick" - who constantly parrots "mick wants a cracker"

room is full of incense smoke - decorations also include maps - on one book shelf is a skull which looks remarkabley like that of "paco gerte" with large balls/rocks in the mouth

when keith gives jack the cocoa powder he refers to it as "father's little helper"
May 19th, 2004 01:33 AM
glencar I nominate Keith for Best Supporting Actor Oscar 2005!
May 19th, 2004 01:47 AM
stonedinaustralia i'll second that

all those in favor say "aye aye skipper"
May 19th, 2004 05:00 AM
beer
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

You can't compare gigs with albums with films! For crying out loud, Altamont ended in tragedy, Dirty Work the same more or less but on a different level but this is just a flick, it's nothing to get crazy about. It won't destroy Keith's image - let me say, only enhance it! - it won't alter the Stones' plans and it's going to be fun!

We'll all enjoy it guys and gals, just wait and see

i thought Altamont was great. there's no need to dis it by comparing it to Dirty Work. Dirty Work was a tragedy.
May 19th, 2004 05:41 AM
egon
quote:
beer wrote:

i thought Altamont was great.

i guess some people that were there will disagree with you.
May 19th, 2004 10:07 PM
beer
quote:
egon wrote:

i guess some people that were there will disagree with you.

Only dirty, filthy, stinking, granola eating,incense burning, tofu munching, soap avoiding, joint bogarting, V.W. bus driving, hemp legalizing, acid dropping, free love humping,hackey sack kicking, Grateful Dead bootleg swapping, Wolf Puss growing, no good hippies.
Page: 1 2