ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick sighting at the Cannes Film Festival Return to archive
May 15th, 2004 08:18 AM
Monkey Woman From Shidoobee and the Daily Mirror for the original article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14242637%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=angie%2dnot%2dso%2djolie%2d-name_page.html

May 15 2004

Star stays in to avoid Jen

SHE'S used to being the centre of attention. But at an impromptu showbiz bash in Cannes, Angelina Jolie was forced to play second fiddle to Jennifer Aniston.

Pouty Angelina has been linked to 35-year-old Jen's husband Brad Pitt.

So in a bid to avoid a confrontation at the exclusive Hotel du Cap, the 28-year-old star stayed up in her suite while some of Hollywood's top names partied downstairs with Jennifer on Thursday night.

"All the big players were here," a film source at the hotel told us: "Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, Mick Jagger, Will Smith, Uma Thurman, Eric Bana, Sean Bean and Saffron Burrows. But there was no sign of Angelina.

"Her friends said she was with her son Maddox but he'd be asleep by then so one of her entourage could have looked after him.

"Basically, she didn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable and thought it best to stay in her suite - and eliminate any chance of bumping into Jennifer."

Troy star Brad, 40, had already left Cannes to return to Amsterdam, where he's filming Ocean's Twelve.

Angelina was romantically linked to him when the pair filmed Mr And Mrs Smith earlier this year. But as she stayed upstairs on Thursday night, the stars partied until 3am and polished off the bar's stocks of white wine and whiskey.

Kill Bill actress Uma, who looked stunning in a strappy black dress, spent more than 30 minutes in deep conversation with Rolling Stone Mick, 60, while Men In Black's Smith gushed about the amazing view at the back of the hotel.

The cast of Troy, and director Wolfgang Petersen, arrived at around 2.30am with Bean leading the charge for the bar.

"It was a real case of spot-the-celeb," an onlooker said. "But there were no airs and graces. Everyone was really relaxed.

"Cameron and Justin were still acting like a pair of loved-up teenagers. It was like being at a Vanity Fair party but without the attitudes."

May 15th, 2004 08:22 AM
Lazy Bones Well, he did write about it...
May 15th, 2004 08:26 AM
FOURCHETTE And Cannes is not that far from Paris, is it ?...Just 750 kms...

[Edited by FOURCHETTE]
May 15th, 2004 03:28 PM
Monkey Woman Just a jet's hour away...
May 16th, 2004 03:03 AM
prism Mick has been with at least two women mentioned above, Uma Thurman in 1996 and Saffron Burrows in 2001.
May 16th, 2004 08:31 AM
Monkey Woman Yes, Mick is rumoured to have had an affair with Uma Thurman sometime in the '90s. As for Saffron Burrows, I don't know if she was one of Mick's flames, but she worked in Enigma, the film he produced in 2001. (She plays the mysterious blonde Claire Romilly.)
May 16th, 2004 09:33 AM
Gazza I'd fly to Cannes just for a half hour with Uma as well! I don't think I'd even need a plane!

[Edited by Gazza]
May 16th, 2004 01:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
"All the big players were here," a film source at the hotel told us: "Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, Mick Jagger......

Wow...I wonder if Mick was hanging out with Timberlake.
And where's L'Wren?
May 16th, 2004 05:41 PM
Main Offender Mick does get around. Last it was Africa, but I must admit he's getting closer to Paris. ( hope that didn't jinx it).
May 17th, 2004 05:57 PM
caro At the "Fahrenheit 9/11" screening

...and at the "Kill Bill" party

(ahem *cough*) Political partisanship aside, he looks happier at the Michael Moore screening...
May 17th, 2004 06:14 PM
glencar But Kill Bill was probably much better!
May 17th, 2004 06:18 PM
caro Well yeah, I suppose you're right. I'm not that fond of Moore myself, but I can't wait to see the next part of Kill Bill. I still got the song in my head : "bang bang, my baby shot me down". That was a great one!
May 17th, 2004 06:21 PM
glencar I saw Kill Bill II first. I just watched Kill Bill I the other night on DVD. II is much more interesting.
May 17th, 2004 11:39 PM
Gimme Shelter I thought both Kill Bill I and II WERE FUCKING GREAT!!!!
May 18th, 2004 02:47 AM
FotiniD TV had a report on the Cannes festival last night - I'd missed this thread and had no idea Mick was there. And then boom, there he comes, walking and smiling! Surprise! It was just a two-second clip but good enough
May 18th, 2004 03:16 AM
Jumacfly the second mick's pick is ugly...
May 18th, 2004 05:19 AM
luxury1 Uh-oh. Mick better get back on tour quickly. I believe that is the same red sweater he was wearing in those pics with Lucas and Brazilain Bombshell in Paris (?), months ago....he must be running out of money.
ANd I believe I have seen that purple leather jacket before too.
And he is getting kinda of pale and slack looking, hair thinning and dry.
Yep--nothing like a tour to rejuvinate the man........

(since I know he reads this site, I figured these comments would spur him on.)
May 18th, 2004 05:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Uh-oh. Mick better get back on tour quickly. I believe that is the same red sweater he was wearing in those pics with Lucas and Brazilain Bombshell in Paris (?), months ago....he must be running out of money.
ANd I believe I have seen that purple leather jacket before too.
And he is getting kinda of pale and slack looking, hair thinning and dry.
Yep--nothing like a tour to rejuvinate the man........

(since I know he reads this site, I figured these comments would spur him on.)

Good one !! you re totally right..... what is Mick pseudo here?? does he really read this site??

May 18th, 2004 06:23 AM
luxury1 Of course he reads it--didnt you see Being Mick--him, with the tabloids??
He is such a narcissist, he cant help himself.
And he is vain (which I believe more people in this world should be), so he wont appreciate those photos or comments.
All in the name of rocknroll, my friends...
May 18th, 2004 06:25 AM
Monkey Woman Here's a link to a video where you can see Mick among the people climbing the steps:
http://www.festival-cannes.fr/video/video.php?langue=6001&mp=RG2&debit=h&lsttype=31031&uid=70617

Thanks to Stones Forum, the French language message board!

And a few more pics of Mick going to the premiere... Pretty!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
May 18th, 2004 11:05 AM
gimmekeef Just because Bill left the band is no excuse to kill him is it?....
May 18th, 2004 11:18 AM
jb I did not know Pitt fucked Angeline Jolie...why did it not make news here? Why is Anniston staying with him? Joline, imo, is far more beautiful and exotic than the once homely Aniston....
May 18th, 2004 12:17 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Just because Bill left the band is no excuse to kill him is it?....

Ooooh, now we know why Mick went to that party!
May 18th, 2004 08:45 PM
glencar Joshy, Angelina denies it all, just like a good strumpet should. Jen looks happy these days.
May 18th, 2004 08:47 PM
glencar I just watched the video that MonkeyWoman linked(thanks!) Michael Moore is bigger than Greenland! Mick got some applause as he rushed up the steps.
May 19th, 2004 04:18 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Michael Moore is bigger than Greenland!

Crackin' up!!!
May 19th, 2004 04:52 AM
Jumacfly Michael Moore, for many people involved with Cannes, seems to be in top position to get the palme d or...
May 19th, 2004 05:16 AM
luxury1 gimmekeef--that is so funny!!!!!!!!

Well, after I dissed Mick's appearance previously, I must say, after seeing that last ass shot, the man still has "it" from behind. Is that the ass of a 20 yr old or what?????