ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Rule! Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 13th, 2004 02:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Why? How? Because? What's the magic bullet?
May 13th, 2004 02:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
May 13th, 2004 02:50 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 13th, 2004 02:52 PM
jb
May 13th, 2004 02:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Why? How? Because? What's the magic bullet?

May 13th, 2004 03:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

I dunno. The Stones do have that kind of effect on women.
May 13th, 2004 03:15 PM
Joey
quote:

I dunno. The Stones do have that kind of effect on women.

May 13th, 2004 03:22 PM
Joey

May 13th, 2004 04:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

Of course this thread was started with the idea of starting a serious discussion but as usual the resident thread highjacker muscles in. Keep it up and I'll report you to Sir Stonesalot. Then you'll be sorry.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 13th, 2004 05:14 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Keep it up and I'll report you to Sir Stonesalot. Then you'll be sorry.

Yikes!

That sounds like a very serious threat.

Very serious indeed, sir.

May 13th, 2004 06:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Maybe I should rephrase the question as maybe the original one was not all that important.

"Irrelevant, Irrelevant, All is Irrelevant Saith the Preacher" Paraphrased form the book of Ecclesiates.
May 13th, 2004 06:13 PM
Bloozehound LOL

TTM I was just poking fun at SS

(he's a very serious fellow i'm told)
May 13th, 2004 06:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
LOL

TTM I was just poking fun at SS

Well it's not SS, he's cool. It's that "Joey" that I wonder about. I'm not sure whether he's a real Stones fan or not.
May 13th, 2004 06:26 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
It's that "Joey" that I wonder about. I'm not sure whether he's a real Stones fan or not.

I've heard stuff about him and "the who".

Scary stuff like that.

Speaking of which I stayed up late the other night watching tv & came across that infomecial with "the who" guy(what's his name, the dorky fan guy in the ron wood headers here a while back) and that hot chick selling classic rock cd collections. LMFAO !!!
May 13th, 2004 06:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
May 13th, 2004 06:29 PM
Main Offender I will try to answer the question. What would make them even better that they are is this - get into the studio, now!
May 13th, 2004 06:34 PM
Main Offender Now I have a question - how can "Dandelion" be "Ben Gurion" at the same time - or is it not the same time?

We should all just accept the fact the there will always be people out there who don't give a rat's ass about the Stones or the topic of any message board. They show up to rock the boat. I'm here for the Stones and Winos (you maybe did not notice that by my handle?).
[Edited by Main Offender]
May 13th, 2004 07:01 PM
caro Only a part of the reasons, but :

...the Stones made me discover all these people, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of others.

[Edited by caro]
May 13th, 2004 07:20 PM
beer
quote:
These are the posters of whom I have doubts. Not as people but as Stones fans. Because I like them as people & posters but I don't think they qualify as real Stones fans.

3. Beer

Think so? So how, exactly, don't I qualify as a Stones Fan?

I really can't wait to hear this. Bring it on.
May 13th, 2004 07:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
beer wrote:
Think so? So how, exactly, don't I qualify as a Stones Fan?
I really can't wait to hear this. Bring it on.

Well ... for one thing your post total is below 1,000.
That at least should call for some serious introspection.
May 13th, 2004 07:43 PM
beer
quote:

Well ... for one thing your post total is below 1,000.
That at least should call for some serious introspection.

OK, Numb nuts. Listen up. In my couple years of posting here, i have posted ten times better Stones content in my 900 posts than you ever will in your thousands of posts.

Another thing, we are guests here. Jaxx, Gazza and Voodoo run this board. i try my best to stick with Stones related posts and i don't flood the board. I say what i have to say and i can usually do it in a few posts here and there.

Question me as a "Stones Fan"?

Piss off.
May 13th, 2004 08:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >OK, Numb nuts. Listen up. In my couple years of posting here, i have posted ten times better Stones content in my 900 posts than you ever will in your thousands of posts.<

Agreed. I don't belong to the power poster club.

>Another thing, we are guests here. Jaxx, Gazza and Voodoo run this board. i try my best to stick with Stones related posts and i don't flood the board. I say what i have to say and i can usually do it in a few posts here and there.
That we are.

>Question me as a "Stones Fan"?<

It's about sense of humor in alot of ways. The Stones have always had a great sense of humor, especially Wyman. Mick is at his best when he gets into that mode. Dark humor maybe. But good. That's why they're "better" than the Beatles. Mick can sing ballads but they don't resonate.

May 13th, 2004 08:30 PM
beer
quote:

>Question me as a "Stones Fan"?<

It's about sense of humor in alot of ways. The Stones have always had a great sense of humor, especially Wyman. Mick is at his best when he gets into that mode. Dark humor maybe. But good. That's why they're "better" than the Beatles. Mick can sing ballads but they don't resonate.

You completely lost me on this one. Are you implying that I don't have a sense of humor?

So you're saying that, in your whacked out opinion, Jagger has a sense of dark humor about singing ballads, which makes the Stones better than the Beatles, AND means that I'm not a real "Stones Fan".

That is your explanation????

What the fuck are you smoking?
May 13th, 2004 08:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
beer wrote:

You completely lost me on this one. Are you implying that I don't have a sense of humor?

So you're saying that, in your whacked out opinion, Jagger has a sense of dark humor about singing ballads, which makes the Stones better than the Beatles, AND means that I'm not a real "Stones Fan".

That is your explanation????

What the fuck are you smoking?

No I was saying jagger does a much, much better job singing rock n roll songs than ballads. I mean he ain't no Frank Sinatra.

May 13th, 2004 09:12 PM
beer Way to dodge the original question, Champ.

Are you talking in riddles?
May 13th, 2004 09:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
beer wrote:
Way to dodge the original question, Champ.
Are you talking in riddles?

I don't know I forgot??? What was the original question? LOL.
May 13th, 2004 09:31 PM
Main Offender So, there's a quota (like the cops have in giving tickets)in order for a guy to be considered a die-hard fan?? Where does that leave me? I'm new here but I'm also one die-hard fan of the Winos/Stones.
This opinion seems very harsh (don't judge us harshly).
May 14th, 2004 12:17 AM
beer
quote:

I don't know I forgot??? What was the original question? LOL.

Read the thread. You said I am not a real Stones Fan. I asked you to tell me why.
May 14th, 2004 04:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
beer wrote:
I asked you to tell me why.

To be perfectly honest with you, I always found that "real stones fan" stuff to be quite silly. The only reason I put some guy on that silly list was because he has a van halen avatar. It's an absurdity. He like everyone else is a "real" stones fan if they say they are. May be some people don't look at it that way. Anyhow I've got a very busy day ahead. Have a great weekend, beer. I gots to make coffee now.
May 14th, 2004 07:46 AM
Zeeta What was your original list of "non stones fans"

Please reveal.

If you post, post don't delete!
Page: 1 2