ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Next Album to Buy? Return to archive
05-18-02 09:00 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hrm... a question.

Suppose this. I've got Banquet, Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile, Some Girls, Black & Blue, Steel Wheels, December's Children, Aftermath [US], Stripped, and Between The Buttons. They probably go in this order.

1) Exile on Main St.
2) Sticky Fingers
3) Let It Bleed
4) Beggar's Banquet
5) Some Girls
6) Stripped
7) Between The Buttons
8) December's Children
9) Aftermath
10) Black & Blue
11) Steel Wheels

And I have Bridges on order to hear their most recent stuff.

So what should I get next? I was thinking either Goat's Head Soup or IORR.

Also, are there any good bootlegs you could recommend (having only listened to them, of course, and never ever owned them ever, oh no) of the Exile era? Remasters, unused takes, discarded songs, Keith staggering around, etc.?

Or, mayhap, where I could get that live version of Rocks Off from '73? I'd realllly love to hear them do it this tour, but only if done right. 'Cuz if done right, that's a song to riot to.
05-18-02 09:14 AM
padre Get Tattoo You and Goats Head Soup.
05-18-02 09:15 AM
Honky Tonker I'd suggest Tattoo You then IORR or Still Life.
05-18-02 09:42 AM
Nasty Habits Savage Young Xyz --

You need NOW!
You need OUT OF OUR HEADS!
You need ENGLAND'S NEWEST HITMAKERS!
You need GET YER YA-YA'S OUT!

As far as that Rocks Off! goes -- you can e-mail me and maybe we can work something out . . .
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
05-18-02 10:44 AM
Scot Rocks Nasty Habbits is correct,

GET YOUR YA'S YA'S OUT ---- MUST YOU HAVE NOT LIVED UNTIL YOU HAVE HEARD MIDNIGHT RAMBLER ON THIS, WHEN I FIRST HEARD (THE SAME VERSION) ON HOT ROCKS I JUST WENT WOW THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF MY NECK STOOD UP I STARTED WORSHIPING THE STONES!!!!

OUT OF OUR HEADS ---- JUST A CLASSIC STONES ALBUM -THE LAST TIME, SATISFACTION, THE SPIDER AND THE FLY, PLAY WITH FIRE, HITCH HIKE etc , simply fantastic

TATTOO YOU ---- CLASS, GETS BETTER EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO IT,

AND ALSO

VOODOO LOUNGE ---- A VERY UNDERATED ALBUM, GREAT SOUND GREAT VARIETY OF SONGS, LOVE IS STRONG, U GOT ME ROCKING, THE WORST, I GO WILD, BLINDED BY RAINBOWS etc

05-18-02 12:07 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Goodness me, how could I forget - Yeah, I've got Tattoo You. I like it quite a bit - I can't even remember the list but I really like "Worried About You", poppy as it is.
05-18-02 01:18 PM
Chico But you have not lived until you have heard the mighty version of midnight rambler from 72. Faster, more energetic, better solos. Find the Ladies and Gentleman boot or the like.Phew
05-18-02 01:51 PM
Im_Shattered YA YA'S
05-18-02 01:55 PM
marko In my opinion,buy them all,it doesn�t matter in what order.
Just het em all,but remember,there are 2 version from 60ies
albums,uk and us version.
And one more,in my opinion get all the albums before you
buy any bootlegs,you must know the songs before that.
05-18-02 05:58 PM
AlexanderHic "Goats Head Soup" is soooo sentimental. It's got the perfectly known "Angie" plus the most underrated stones' song of all time: "Winter", enough to virtually erase -that's the kind of world they care about only, it seems, from their music videos- every Aerosmith power ballad in existence. Richards's voice can make you cry with "Coming down again", "A 100 years ago" is tender and both "Star star" and "Heartbreaker" are decent rockers, performed live over and over without apparently overestimating the patience of the audiences. [Before some of Jagger's current PC lyrical alterations. One thing's for sure: they will never ever write a song such as "Cocksucker blues", even if there was a theatrical element when they wrote it back in the sixties. I don't think they care nowadays to get over some of the simplicities they sang for Bridges, which perfectly fits in your average country song: "Im drinking again".... Yeah, from the sink, Mick. It's all in the music of course (Dylan's "Time out of mind" contains tons of linear thoughts of this order, but there's the consistency and atmosphere that glued that single record), but a little bit of personality doesn't hurt either: "Tops", "Waiting on a friend"... ]

However, it all depends whether you dig the opening track, "Dancing with mr. D" which isn't neither jamaican nor proto disco nor a nasty rocker... it's closer to Alice Cooper (to an inspired version of one the man's compositions, that is, but the atmosphere comes close) than it is to "Sympathy for the devil", but the performing still belongs to the Taylor era, so it sounds fine.

I think "IORR" is one of the least accomplished albums by the stones because it doesn't aim for absolutely anything but to a mild vitriolic entertainment right in the middle of the seventies; it isn't even infuriating as some of the shit from "Dirty work" so the response is barely lukewarm here. Shit, rumor has it that Keith even shut Taylor's solo while recording "Time waits for no one" at the studio and didn't even bother to ask him in advance. Don't panic! There's always those relatively long-felt "You don't have to mean it" and "Too rude" ditties, worthy of MP3 quality...
05-18-02 07:24 PM
Stonesthrow Of the ones you don't have, Rolling Stones Now must be first. Then Out Of Our Heads. Then 12 x 5. Then get the rest.
05-18-02 07:34 PM
MRD8 I'll post this here for this kid but it applies to ALL of you who come to this board...! Hunt down Mickboy's remasters...especially Exiles(Main Street Revisited) and Aftermath(Only When Its Frozen)...those are his two absolute masterpieces in my opinion...but he has several others including Satanic Majesties, Black & Blue and IORR...they include the original tracks in incredible sonic condition as well as outtakes and live versions of the songs from those albums...I've been a fan for 37 years and I'm blown away by his stuff...I'm sure you will be too!
05-19-02 10:46 AM
padre Yeah, Mickboy is the man!
05-20-02 09:09 PM
masoudi Hi there can you email me on [email protected] to discuss these mickboy remasters as I want to get them but have some quick questions for you]

Please reply, cheers, brendon
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I'll post this here for this kid but it applies to ALL of you who come to this board...! Hunt down Mickboy's remasters...especially Exiles(Main Street Revisited) and Aftermath(Only When Its Frozen)...those are his two absolute masterpieces in my opinion...but he has several others including Satanic Majesties, Black & Blue and IORR...they include the original tracks in incredible sonic condition as well as outtakes and live versions of the songs from those albums...I've been a fan for 37 years and I'm blown away by his stuff...I'm sure you will be too!

05-20-02 09:13 PM
Joey 'Shit, rumor has it that Keith even shut Taylor's solo while recording "Time waits for no one" at the studio and didn't even bother to ask him in advance. '

That ain't no rumor boy.....excuse me , I mean SIMY .

Hey , aren't you really " Deep Throat " ??????

" Silent Coup Me Ronnie "

Chief Joey

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.