ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A tour without new songs ? Return to archive
05-16-02 03:59 PM
L&A I saw last night the concert of Roger Waters, mostly playing the old Pink Floyd stuff. I was there with my best friend who is the "biggest fan of Pink Floyd world-wide" (more than 5000 LP's, CD's, single, DVD, ...). He's also always coming with me since more than 20 years to the Stones concerts - as I do for the Floyd - and I think it is a good deal between us...
So let me tell you something: if one day, one of the 4 (Mick-Keith-Charlie-...and maybe Ronnie too) leaves the band, the 3 remaining others have to swear there will never play any song of the Stones again ! Even if it is always nice to listen live to good songs, it is pathetic, miserable and disturbing to see good musicians (I think the one playing with Waters are ok) trying to imitate the original sound of the music we enjoy(ed).
So please, Mick and Keith, stay together, continue to write new songs (even if critics are severe), continue to be creative and then, when you are tired, stop everything related to the Stones, and you will never become "living mummies"...

PS: sorry for my English...
05-17-02 09:46 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The musicians with Roger Waters are better than the original members of Pink Floyd.

Nick Mason and Richard Wright are some of the luckiest musicians I know, they can't play anymore but are members of Pink Floyd, come on!!

Stones content: PP Arnold, Graham Bond and other musicians with Roger Waters are stones related in one way or another. Also Andy Fairweather Low, Snowy White and the sax player Norbert Stachel are great!

Check wwho's backing Waters up downloading this http://roger-waters.com/RW_BandBiogs.pdf

He's touring with just a new song!
05-17-02 11:04 AM
L&A You are right, Gerardo, the musicians are really great, and of course better than Mason and Wright !
The only think is that Snowy White, Fairweather Law and the others are good interpreters, as classic musicians playing Chopin or Gershwin are, but I always prefer to see the original performers... as long as there are alive, of course. And I think Gilmour is irreplaceable, as Keith is for the RS...
05-17-02 11:38 AM
56DeSoto I dunno. I have the Keith Richards and the Xpensive Winos live album and I like the version of Gimme Shelter on it. It's wacky to hear Keith sing it, but it's great. If the Stones ever officially hung up their hats, I for one would be delighted if they played some Stones material if they were on a solo tour. They wrote the songs. They can play them whenever they want to as far as I'm concerned. And if they can bring something fresh to it or evolve the song somehow...even better! If I want the Stones version, I can put on a CD.

Cheers,
Amanda
56DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.