ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fleet Center!?!? Return to archive
05-14-02 10:11 AM
Mickjagger1963 Look at the ticketmaster.com Rolling Stones page! The Fleet Center has been added as the new opener
05-14-02 11:23 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I'll bet this is gonna piss off some people who thought they had tickets for the opener!
05-14-02 12:00 PM
winter Absolutely done by design by the promotion machine. Get the benefit of the hype for purposes of ticket sales for 2 openers. The Sept 3 FleetCenter show was rumored from the getgo.

Still keepin my fingers cross for the suprise club opener here in Beantown!
05-15-02 08:12 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah, a 'surprise' opener would be delicious, but I don't think it's gonna happen after they got laws passed against them last time they did it.

Whoot... FleetCenter... someone's getting out of Driver's Ed in the middle of the final exam to go buy tickets...
05-15-02 01:35 PM
Miss U. What do ya mean they had laws passed against them last time??
05-15-02 01:44 PM
winter I didn't know anything about laws being passed either. I'm probably overly optimistic, but I think an Avalon or Paradise show is absolutely do-able a couple of days before the Fleet Center show. The Stones will likely be in town earlier to move the rehearsals on to the arena stage and the stadium stage for full production runs.

Avalon has in the past hosted a few big names, although none as big as the Stones, including STP, Dylan and I believe CSN&Y.

Great place to see a show.

Does anyone have a listing of where they've done surprise club gigs in the past. My general recollection is that they've typical done one in each of the kickoff cities (or nearby) for each of the US tours since '81.

05-15-02 10:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy It was before my time, but I recall reading that the Stones had a surprise conference out in Worster before their Steel Wheels tour that so overcrowded the streets that the city passed a law that said no band can play under a fake name or something like that. So while they're free to do it in Boston, I think they might think twice about just how eager the Bostonians are to see them...
05-15-02 10:50 PM
SORESPECTABLE Stones tour openers--1981-Sir Morgan's Cove in Connecticut,1989--Toad's Place in Mass., 1994--RPM Club in Toronto, 1997--Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto ,then Doubledoor Club in Chicago a week before opening nite in Soldier Field
05-16-02 07:54 AM
lotsajizz Sir Morgan's Cove is in Worcester, MA. 8/81, not later...it was AWESOME!! And no laws were passed--indeed, the crowd was so cool outside that after the first thirty munutes the doors were opened so the street crowd could at least listen. And Worcester is nearly an hours' drive from Boston--not the same city at all.
05-18-02 08:54 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh well.

Waitaminute... oh well? How about Oh *yeah*........

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.