ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ticketmaster is the absolute worst!!! Return to archive
May 21st, 2005 10:14 AM
The_Worst I woke up early to get tickets for Hershey & now I'm stuck waiting for minutes because they are locking me out because they think I"M A SCALPER!!!

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORSE!!!
May 21st, 2005 10:25 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
I woke up early to get tickets for Hershey & now I'm stuck waiting for minutes because they are locking me out because they think I"M A SCALPER!!!

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORSE!!!

details, please.
May 21st, 2005 10:42 AM
Michael It happened to me too.
10:00AM My first try for Hartford brought back zero
tickets. ( I got in, but I was looking for the
mysterious $99 floor seat, and was told none were
available, please try again)

Second try, got the standard lock out message.
( this poped up during the screen that said
....searching 3 minutes to go. )

Did see seats in sec 25 and sec 26
just now for HP.

-edited to clear up question below.
[Edited by Michael]
May 21st, 2005 10:46 AM
mac_daddy lock out message meaning "no tix available"

or

"no tix for you because we think you are a scalper"

?
May 21st, 2005 11:00 AM
Michael mac_daddy,
glad you asked,
more details here:

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm392.showMessage?topicID=538.topic

I also got the "internal error" when I tried to
re-join the fan club this week for Philly.

Anyway, it seems there are happy campers out there too.
May 21st, 2005 11:03 AM
FPM C10 I could've had tix in the stands, sect 28, but by the time I checked the seating chart and gave it a second thought I'd timed out. Second try got me E3 on the floor - back center section. I pulled the trigger on those. At least I'm in.

They have a Stones seating chart up - no B-stage according to that. I was thinking that in the past, any seat on the field got you a potential ringside seat for the B-stage, which makes the ticket price worthwhile. It appears those days are gone.

So who else is joining me in Chocolate Town? Let's meet & greet!

May 21st, 2005 11:10 AM
Michael I'm in. A pre-show meetup sounds good.
May 21st, 2005 03:48 PM
The_Worst
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

details, please.

When the Fenway tickets went on sale we all remember that the entire place sold out in about 2 minutes flat...Alot of this was because scalpers use software that allows them to open up several screens at a time & search for tickets...As a result, I couldn't get what I wanted. As a result, for Hershey I figured I'd open several windows at once to increase my odds of getting the seats I want...As soon as I clicked search on the second screen the message popped up, saying something to the effect of "In order to prevent the use of software used to override the password you are only able to search using one screen at a time." Something to that effect...It then said to try back a few minutes later...So I had to sit around for 5 minutes at 10:00AM waiting while others were getting tickets...

In the end I think this may help keep out the scalpers but it pissed me off this morning...I finally did get a great seat so in the end it worked out good I guess but it's a good lesson to learn before Giants Stadium goes on sale Monday!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour