ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes in Toronto Return to archive
May 20th, 2005 10:10 PM
Make It Funky Yeah... for those who care... The Black Crowes peformance Tuesday night at Kool Haus (same venue a RPM back in '94 where the Stones played), was a fucking brilliant show!!!!

Yes, they even played a cover of You Gotta Move.. very heavy blues.. (similar to Big Sugar stuff).. Chris' vocals were superb!!!

Their set was full of spaced-out space jams... reminicent of Allmans and The Dead... pscyhadelicized... strong ballads... killer versions of Remedy and Hard To Handle.

They also did a killer version of "Do Right Woman" with chris on accoustic guitar. Im sorry if you missed the show. You really need to check them out in Buffalo if you can.

Cheers!
May 20th, 2005 10:23 PM
Lazy Bones This was the set -

Virtue And Vice
Sting Me
Black Moon Creeping
Soul Singing
Ballad In Urgency ->
Wiser Time
My Morning Song
Do Right Woman, Do Right Man
Jam -> Thorn In My Pride
Sister Luck
By Your Side
Nonfiction
Remedy
- encore -
You Gotta Move
Hard To Handle

It was a great show! I think Marc (Ford) was a terrific addition when they decided to tour. He and Rich feed off eachother so well it hurts. They really seemed to have a blast!

Comment of the night was when Chris said - "...it smells like George Bush's worst nightmare in here."

See 'em if you can.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
May 20th, 2005 11:16 PM
NHStonesfan To buy copy of Toronto

http://www.instantliveconcerts.com/show-detail.html?s=1078

I went to their NH show on the 13th. They played Torn and Frayed the next night.
May 20th, 2005 11:50 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Saw them in New York City on Good Friday. They played a set chock-full of rarities that made all the die-hard fans drool. Of course, I'm not really a die-hard fan so I kept muttering "Where's 'Remedy?' Where's 'Twice As Hard?' What's going on here?"

They did open with a jaw-droppingly, mind-numbingly AWESOME cover of "Baby Don't You Do It". Rich Robinson sang the first verse, Chris the second, and Marc Ford the third, and the place exploded. If you can get your hands on this version, by all means, do it. It's outrageously good.

If you can catch them this tour, do. I don't know how much longer they'll stay together unless they put out some new material. At times, Rich Robinson was rolling his eyes (and rightfully so) at his brother's incredibly lame faux-John Lennon demeanor, and lord knows that Rich and cold hard cash are the only things keeping Marc Ford from bolting. News flash to Chris Robinson: Both the sixties and the seventies are over. Even the Rolling Stones have acknowledged this. Please drop the hippy-trippy act and keep on being awesome in your band, because you still have an awesome set of pipes, but you're rapidly turning into Phish with that whole schtick and your campy lyrics. Thank you!
May 21st, 2005 03:15 PM
MRD8 I have tickets to see them this comming Wednesday night at the HOB at Disney World, can't wait!!! I FINALLY got the DVD of their Hammerstein Ballroom show from March 26th where they play Torn & Frayed among others...hope the Stones play such varied setlists night in and night out on their tour!
May 21st, 2005 04:24 PM
DetroitMike Why didnt I drive up?? why??? Brokers were selling tickets below face online the day before the show. I think i'm getting old and lazy, 4 years ago I would have gone up no problem. I suppose i'll have to wait and see them at the amphitheatre with Tom Petty, lame.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour