ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Pete Townshend! Return to archive
May 19th, 2005 11:39 AM
FPM C10

Pete Townshend is 60 today!

Joey must have taken the day off to celebrate!

Happy birthday to Pete. Many happy returns.

May 19th, 2005 11:43 AM
J.J.Flash Long Live to THE Petey! God bless you Pete. Many 60 years to come, success and stardom!

(Joey shall shave his sack in his honor)
May 19th, 2005 11:48 AM
Joey

HAPPY HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY to the " CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD " !!!!!!!!

.....may the new album showcase BOTH his prodigious writing and lead guitar playing .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ......Oh , sure ! :

May 19th, 2005 03:09 PM
Joey " Pete and Roger are to play together in New York on June 13th. The show, a charity event organised by Samsung, will benefit the Four Season's Of Hope Charity and the Double O charity. It will be Pete and Roger's very first stripped down show and they will be backed by Jon Carin on electronica and keyboards.

The show will be held at The Gotham in Manhattan.

Individual seats for the event cost $1,500, while prices for tables range from $10,000 to $30,000 and can be purchased by calling Susan Knapp at 781-772-1021.

More news as it becomes available "

www.PeteTownshend.com

[Edited by Joey]
May 19th, 2005 03:46 PM
MrPleasant Best wishes to all the "whomaniacs" in the world (including Pete?).
May 19th, 2005 03:53 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Best wishes to all the "whomaniacs" in the world (including Pete?).

I would like to nibble your elbows .
May 19th, 2005 03:53 PM
MrPleasant Please stop!!
May 19th, 2005 03:54 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Long live the 'Orrible 'Oo! Love ya, Pete!
May 19th, 2005 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
Long live the 'Orrible 'Oo! Love ya, Pete!

!!!!!!!!!

May 19th, 2005 04:19 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Doesn't this picture look like Our Baby Steelie?

Like he's saying "Keno? Ken Oh. It's Ken Oh!"
May 19th, 2005 04:23 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Doesn't this picture look like Our Baby Steelie?

Like he's saying "Keno? Ken Oh. It's Ken Oh!"

No , THIS picture looks like Baby Steel Magnolia :

J. !!!!
May 19th, 2005 04:39 PM
gypsy My dad turned 60 yesterday. Here he is in last week's paper...

May 19th, 2005 04:50 PM
Joey

Looks Cool Gyps. !!!!!!!!!!!

...am I still in his will ?!?!

Snazzy Cakes ! ™

May 19th, 2005 08:16 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Looks Cool Gyps. !!!!!!!!!!!

...am I still in his will ?!?!

Snazzy Cakes ! ™

Thanks Joey!
Of course.
Pops still talks about you all the time. "When is Joey coming down from Nebraska?"
You are the son he never had, but always wanted.
May 19th, 2005 09:38 PM
Soldatti Long live to Pete.
May 19th, 2005 10:21 PM
sirmoonie The WHO!

Pete Townshend. Rock and roll genius.

Ever see Townshend's Lifehouse show DVD? You should.

I shyed away from it for a long time because I thought it was some classical stylashions of Who bits that tangentially involved Pete. I was wrong.

Christ, that man Pete Townshend can play acoustic guitar.

Somewhere in the DVD he tells the audience that, in playing before them, he isn't doing anything different than when he used to play his demos to the Who. Its chilling.

Overall, the transition from Mary to I Don't Even Know Myself is the highlight. On Mary, he's playing some incredibly subtle acoustic with all kinds of his trademark flourishes, then on I don't Even Know, he just rocks out. Something in the song pisses him off, and he actually start snarling the lyrics. Fucking momumental rock and roll, gets the hair on your arms to stand up. I remembered what Gazza said when he saw The Who a couple of years ago "Best current rock and roll guitarist? Pete Townshend."
May 19th, 2005 10:56 PM
BILL PERKS DEEP END LIVE(FROM 85)IS MY FAVORITE SHOW EVER!BEST SONGWRITER EVER!DONT THINK I'LL LET HIM BABYSIT THOUGH..
May 19th, 2005 11:32 PM
sirmoonie The WHO!

Maximum R n' B!
May 20th, 2005 12:55 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The WHO!

Pete Townshend. Rock and roll genius.

Ever see Townshend's Lifehouse show DVD? You should.

I shyed away from it for a long time because I thought it was some classical stylashions of Who bits that tangentially involved Pete. I was wrong.

Christ, that man Pete Townshend can play acoustic guitar.

Somewhere in the DVD he tells the audience that, in playing before them, he isn't doing anything different than when he used to play his demos to the Who. Its chilling.

Overall, the transition from Mary to I Don't Even Know Myself is the highlight. On Mary, he's playing some incredibly subtle acoustic with all kinds of his trademark flourishes, then on I don't Even Know, he just rocks out. Something in the song pisses him off, and he actually start snarling the lyrics. Fucking momumental rock and roll, gets the hair on your arms to stand up. I remembered what Gazza said when he saw The Who a couple of years ago "Best current rock and roll guitarist? Pete Townshend."

Moonie, you justtouched me in my very special area. That is indeed a great fucking show. Mary is excellent, as is Greyhound Girl (still one of Petey's most underrated gems!).

Happy birthday, Pete! I am spinning the Lifehouse Demos right now in honor of your day!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour