ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So: what's not sold out thus far? Return to archive
May 19th, 2005 10:45 AM
Mel Belli Miami? Houston?
May 19th, 2005 10:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Miami? Houston?

as of last night, there still were some 400 level seats available at Soldier Field through the AMEX presale. i thought there was some left in the MN show as well...the presales, postsales, regular sales, etc are quite confusing with regards to how the ticket pools are spread out, so it is tough to see what truly will be available.
May 19th, 2005 10:54 AM
gimmekeef Shows in Atlanta and Calgary for instance are still up on Tickemaster but even putting one single ticket request in at any price comes back not available...They should take sold out shows down....unless in fact they arent truly sold out yet...??????????
May 19th, 2005 10:59 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Shows in Atlanta and Calgary for instance are still up on Tickemaster but even putting one single ticket request in at any price comes back not available...They should take sold out shows down....unless in fact they arent truly sold out yet...??????????

as happens many times, i beleive that TM is creating a larger demand for these and other shows by leaving them up. Also, folks who put orders through a couple of days ago and did not have properly allocated funds on their credit card, will have their tickets put back into the pool. I suspect this is why occassionally, singles or pairs were popping up for even the Fenway shows. More tickets will be released, at worst when the stages are set up and the tickets that were originally allocated to interfere with the stage, but in the end do not, will be put back on TM
May 19th, 2005 11:06 AM
voodoopug some have predicted slow sales:

May 19th, 2005 11:13 AM
Martha I don't believe that any of these shows are actually officially soldout. It's bullshit generated from the TixbastardSpinDoc.
May 19th, 2005 11:33 AM
gimmekeef Yes Voodoopug I was one of those predicting slow sales...I've been amazed at how quickly folks are shelling out huge sums for tix....Still wonder how much spin and bs is being created to over hype demand...?But if they truly did that I'd expect the media would find out and slag the boys pretty bad...so....Guess the still remain truly The Kings of the Concert Circuit....With new price levels shattered U2's gotta be lovin there future earnings potential.....
May 19th, 2005 11:35 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Martha wrote:
I don't believe that any of these shows are actually officially soldout. It's bullshit generated from the TixbastardSpinDoc.

as typically expected Martha, we agree again!
May 19th, 2005 11:44 AM
mmdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

as typically expected Martha, we agree again!

However,

Everybody believes it, when Ticketbastard does the same for U2. The Stones have a lot of momentum going, I am not surprised at all that tickets are selling.
May 19th, 2005 01:32 PM
Dan Most shows havent even been put on sale yet so you can't really gauge whats sold out based on presales alone.
May 19th, 2005 09:25 PM
Soldatti On Ebay I saw loads of tickets for Fenway.
May 19th, 2005 10:41 PM
time is on my side
[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of May 17, 2005 10:25 AM. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist web sites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]

Buy Tickets

August 2005
21, 23 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park (w/ Black Eyed Peas) (SOLD OUT)
26 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field (w/ Maroon 5) (on sale 5/21)
28 - Ottawa, Ontario - Frank Clair Stadium
31 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park (on sale 5/21) (w/ Maroon 5)

September 2005
3 - Moncton, New Brunswick - Magnetic Hill (w/ Maroon 5, Tragically Hip)
6 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (on sale 5/21)
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
10 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field (on sale 5/21)
15 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium (on sale 5/23)
24 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
26 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre
28 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park (on sale 5/21)

October 2005
1 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (on sale 5/21)
3 - Washington, DC - MCI Center (w/ John Mayer Trio) (SOLD OUT)
6 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium, University of Virginia (on sale 5/20)
10 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (w/ John Mayer Trio) (on sale 5/23)
15 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (SOLD OUT)
17 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena (on sale now)
19 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (on sale 5/21)
21 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena (SOLD OUT)
28 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome (SOLD OUT)
30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena

November 2005
1 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
4 - Anaheim, CA - Angel Stadium of Anaheim (on sale 5/22)
11 - San Diego, CA - PETCO Park (on sale 5/21)
13 - San Francisco, CA - SBC Park (on sale 5/22)
20 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center
22 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center
24 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
27 - Glendale, AZ - Glendale Arena
29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

December 2005
1 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

As of May 19th, the only cities where the tickets have been sold to the general public is Boston (two shows at Fenway), Washington DC, Calgary, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami. Stones tickets have NOT been on sale TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC in any other city. In some of the other cities discussed on this board, there have ONLY been presales for people who have passwords (the presales themselves can take different forms depending on the city- regardless of city, however, if you a member of the Rolling Stones fan club you have access to one password- in other cities there is a combination of RS fan member, american express card holder, venue access codes, season ticket holders, etc).

All of the presale stuff sounds confusing but it's important to remember the vast majority of the ticket buying public know nothing of presales and will buy their tickets only when the tickets go on sale to the general public.

Of the small number of cities where tickets have been on sell to the general public, all are OFFICIAL sellouts except Miami where ticket sales were the softest. It's interesting to note that only one stadium show(Fenway) has been on sale to the general public . So right now, it's too early to tell whether or not tickets will sell out across the country especially since just about all of the stadium shows have NOT gone on sell to the general public.

My best guess is that most shows will sell out but I suspect there will be a few soft markets especially for some of the stadium shows. Time will tell.

Also, it's hard to believe that Miami is rumoured to be getting another show since, so far, the first show still has not sold out. Perhaps, the whispers of someone being behind the scenes (an overpaid lawyer???) has some validity.

[Edited by time is on my side]
May 20th, 2005 07:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
On Ebay I saw loads of tickets for Fenway.

Prompted me to check out what's going on at Ebay...

I think I lost my eye in the process

Check THIS out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6533142697&rd=1

1.899 $ for two tickets on the 26th Row!!!! Is the guy on drugs or something?

Of course no bids yet.

Not that things are better at most of the rest of the auctions. Outrageous prices. Such as:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6531912599&rd=1

$ 7.499 for 4 tickets. That's $ 1.874 a ticket.
[Edited by FotiniD]
May 20th, 2005 07:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Check THIS out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6533142697&rd=1

1.899 $ for two tickets on the 26th Row!!!! Is the guy on drugs or something?

Of course no bids yet.

offer closed with no bids. Serves the twat right. A $900 hole in his pocket. Ha ha
May 20th, 2005 10:10 AM
Moonisup Everywhere are 100's of tickets sold, on scalpers sites! So nothing is sold out. Lot's of scalpers got too much tickets. So far the succes of the presale shit
May 20th, 2005 01:26 PM
Martha I don't give a fook what they say they NEVER keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers. Liars! Word not a word my ass!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour