ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES DEMAND LAME DOG FOR PROMO Return to archive
May 19th, 2005 10:12 AM
moy STONES DEMAND LAME DOG FOR PROMO

THE ROLLING STONES

British rockers THE ROLLING STONES demanded a lame dog for their latest promotional video - and were horrified when an agency offered to disable a pooch to comply with their request.

The SATISFACTION stars were amazed there were people prepared to disfigure an animal for them, but have not confirmed or denied reports they used the dog in the quirky video.

Guitarist KEITH RICHARDS says, "Our director thought a dog should be 'weird' or 'disfigured', so they called up some agency and the word came back: 'We can get you a lame dog by noon - which leg do you want missing?"
19/05/2005 13:56
May 19th, 2005 10:17 AM
Mel Belli Well, that little story, ahem, screwed the pooch.

I'm assuming Keith was talking about his *solo* video for "Wicked As It Seems."
May 19th, 2005 10:45 AM
mac_daddy could have shot the video here in hollywood - i think sunshine is still roaming around here...

(her claim to fame was being featured on the cover of the last alice in chains studio album - she was also featured in the video for "grind")

May 19th, 2005 11:17 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
could have shot the video here in hollywood - i think sunshine is still roaming around here...

(her claim to fame was being featured on the cover of the last alice in chains studio album - she was also featured in the video for "grind")

That album was released ten years ago. She must be an elder dog, by now.

"Sunshine" is a much better name than "Tripod".
[Edited by MrPleasant]
May 19th, 2005 11:38 AM
glencar It sounds more like the agency just wanted to know what dog to supply. I hope, anyway!
May 19th, 2005 04:04 PM
BILL PERKS the press at it's best
May 19th, 2005 04:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
moy wrote:
- and were horrified when an agency offered to disable a pooch to comply with their request.

That would be illegal I assume.
May 19th, 2005 04:14 PM
Mikey Perks,

Please desist from using lower case at once!
May 19th, 2005 04:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mikey wrote:
Perks,

Please desist from using lower case at once!

That's the kind and gentler Bill Perks...or else the keyboard is stuck somehow.
May 19th, 2005 08:39 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

That's the kind and gentler Bill Perks...or else the keyboard is stuck somehow.

SPILLED MY TOBACCO SPIT CAN ON MY KEY BOARD...ALL CLEANED UP AND READY TO CAP!!!!
May 19th, 2005 09:45 PM
Soldatti At least they are making a real video.
May 19th, 2005 09:56 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
At least they are making a real video.

THE ATTRIBUTED STORY WAS FROM KEEF'S WICKED VIDEO FROM 92
May 19th, 2005 10:02 PM
Soldatti
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THE ATTRIBUTED STORY WAS FROM KEEF'S WICKED VIDEO FROM 92

That video was great, in my Top 5 of Stones videos.
May 20th, 2005 11:45 AM
Maxlugar This was lifted from an article in Classic Rock Magazine about bands and their biggest Spinal Tap moments. That one was Keith's moment where he told of getting a dog for his solo video.

I see they also lifted the part about The Stones drugging it up in the bathroom before a show and someone saying "The Police are here", so they flushed everything down the toilet. Then who walks in the bathroom? The Police, the band.

HARRR har har har har!!!!!
May 20th, 2005 10:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I see they also lifted the part about The Stones drugging it up in the bathroom before a show and someone saying "The Police are here", so they flushed everything down the toilet. Then who walks in the bathroom? The Police, the band.

LMAO.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour