ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New York Dolls at the Trocadero(long)nsc Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 18th, 2005 04:18 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Baby Steel Magnolia ?!?!?!

The SAME. The ONLY member of the C10 who has not sent me his address so he can get a copy of the movie he co-directed!

(Well, Maxy hasn't sent me his yet, but he will. I just know it!)

C'mon, Baby Steelie...gimme that address...

[email protected]
May 18th, 2005 04:31 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

C'mon, Baby Steelie...gimme that address...

......As I was watching the C10 movie I noticed how me Baby Steel Magnolia kept looking healthier and healthier as the days progressed .

Then again , he DID pass out for seventeen hours that Saturday --- might , just MIGHT have had something to do with it !

" Stones Rule You Punk Ass , YA PUNK ASS Bastards ! "

Friskee ! ™
May 19th, 2005 02:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Beyond the Doll's two albums, there's certainly not much evidence of that floating around<

Oh dear.

I have to apologize to both FPM and Purry. You see, I've been a bad friend to Mr. Monkey. I have amidst my archives, several documents that I don't think that I've turned Flea on to. Yet. I must rectify that soon.

I need to play a 3 disc set of Johnny Thunders stuff called "Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" for him.

Honest Flea, some of JTs best and most influential work came well after the Dolls. That does not diminish what he did with the Dolls...I don't think anything can diminish that. But I'd certainly rather listen to JT's Heartbreakers and solo stuff than David Jo's stuff from the same period. I don't know when David Jo turned into the great white American bluesman...but I'm pretty sure it was after Johnny died.

And Purr is right about Arthur and his health problems following the Rodney King riots. I don't know why David Jo turned his back on Killer Kane back then. Maybe he had a valid reason. I guess David Jo doesn't really owe anyone an explanation. Obviously Arthur must have bought it though because they played together again. But you gotta admit...it looks really bad. Refusing to help a friend in need is pretty low.

HOWEVER!

I hate heroin. I deal with junkies and junkie crime and overdoses on a daily basis. I lost my sympathy for them about an hour after I started at 911. No one can blame anyone other than Johnny Thunders for what happened to Johnny Thunders. That is a simple fact.

I'm not in the "Thunders" camp, nor am I in the "David Jo" camp. None of the people involved are perfect. I simply take it all at face value. I had big fun at a jumpin' rock n roll show. The people that I was with had big fun. Everyone got home safe, and we have a great memory to put our arms around. It simply does not matter to me what the band called themselves. It is what it is.

And Syl wanted in my pants.
May 19th, 2005 02:24 PM
parmeda SS...you gotta come to Chicago with Flea, you just gotta!
I MUST drag you into a Blues bar and let you two *have at it*...

Outstanding review, gentlemen...outstanding!
May 19th, 2005 02:34 PM
Nasty Habits Good thread!

Good fight!

Has anybody heard the Blue Sky LP (came out on a CD w/muchos bonos trackos) of David Johansen Live at Max's KC in '78? Thunders makes an appearance and it is very touching, much better than their later reunion one-off with Peter Parrett in attendance.

In my opinion neither DJ nor JT was capable of scaling the mutual heights they were able to achieve. I also will opt for the occasional shining beacon of transcendence rather than the "merely brilliant". But I don't think that you're not a rock and roll fan if your opinion differs from mine on that score. I will, however, note: "Whatcha want is a plastic doll with a fresh coat of paint who's going to sit through the madness and always act so quaint. . . Oh baby yeah yeah yeah . . ."

Shame on you all for not recalling that the real reason the NYDolls were so monstrous was that Jerry Nolan beat the skins. Has Charlie Watts taught you naught about the true soul of a rock and roll band?

And don't feed me any Billy Murcia bullshit, neither.

May 19th, 2005 02:52 PM
FPM C10 Cool, I can't wait to hear that stuff. I know there's supposed to be good stuff out there, but everything I've ever seen or heard by him is either glorifying junk or ruined by junk or both.

And I'll show you a few minutes of the video I have of him being a big embarrassing junked-out mess - Brownie got it from a penpal from Japan who was friends with Johnny. It's evidently supposed to be quite collectable stuff. Bootleg videos and TV appearances and stuff. It SUCKS. I guess you had to be there, or know him, or something.

I guess you COULD blame Keith Richards for Johnny being a big ol' junkie mess, 'cause Johnny obviously wanted to out-Keef Keef.

Whatever, I really don't care much. Like I said, I shoulda just posted the review of the show and let it stand. I was mostly just arguing for the sake of arguing. As far as whether or not David Jo did right by Arthur when he got hit in the head by a brick - why the hell would I care about that? If I required all of the musicians I listened to to be straight shooters and all-around nice guys, I would end up never listening to ANYONE because musicians are ALL scumbags if you dig deep enough! I sure as HELL wouldn't be a Stones fan!

The only thing I personally know about David is that he was really nice to Erica and me for the two or three minutes we talked to him, but that was probably because we were talking about HIM!
May 19th, 2005 04:03 PM
Candace Youngblood Oh, yes, a smashing time was had by all.
May 19th, 2005 04:16 PM
FPM C10 Hey, Baby, come here often?

Can I buy you a drink?
May 19th, 2005 04:22 PM
Candace Youngblood No, I don't and yes, you can.

wink, wink, nudge, nudge
May 19th, 2005 04:31 PM
FPM C10

Wanna dance?
May 19th, 2005 04:34 PM
Candace Youngblood How about I dance and you watch? It would be best that way...
May 19th, 2005 04:40 PM
FPM C10 Any minute now someone is going to tell us to get a room.
Just like in real life!

Hey, wait a minute...are you saying I'm a lousy dancer???

Oh, wait...I AM a lousy dancer.
May 19th, 2005 04:46 PM
Candace Youngblood
You ARE a lousy dancer. Although I don't know if I've actually seen you try to really get down.

Me, on the other hand, I've got mad skills.
May 19th, 2005 05:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ooooooooo....Nasty is right.

We really SHOULD have mentioned Jerry Nolan. That was a massive oversight. Jerry's pistons drove the Dolls engine...just like Charlie drives the Stones.

I guess my whole point is....I'll take what I can get. If it's the remaining Dolls, Stooges, MC5...whatever. They can call themseleves whatever they like. I just wanna hear 'em play. Because the alternative is NOT hearing them play...and what fun is that?

PS. Candy...Flea can shake a tail feather. You just haven't seen him fucked up on the right mix of chemicals yet. Oh man, back in the day.....
May 19th, 2005 05:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Oh man, back in the day.....

!!!!!!!!!!!
May 19th, 2005 05:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, one last thing...

>They covered the Shirelles’ “Out In The Street” and it was gorgeous. <

That's the Shangri-La's...and gorgeous was the proper adjective. Didja catch Syl making motorcycle noises? Hilarious.
May 19th, 2005 05:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh, one last thing...

>They covered the Shirelles’ “Out In The Street” and it was gorgeous. <

That's the Shangri-La's...and gorgeous was the proper adjective. Didja catch Syl making motorcycle noises? Hilarious.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 20th, 2005 09:43 AM
Candace Youngblood Hey SS -

Back in that particular day...I was busy going to elementary school.

teehee
May 20th, 2005 10:42 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Hey SS -

Back in that particular day...I was busy going to elementary school.

teehee

hey lil girl...

...want some candy?
May 20th, 2005 10:49 AM
Candace Youngblood I'm going to be good and not comment on that.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour