ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The new song could be from Some Girls... Return to archive
May 16th, 2005 10:31 AM
The_Worst Does anyone else think that "Oh no, not you again" sounds like it could have been from Some Girls? Very raw guitar sound, degrading lyrics towards a woman, Mick kind of yelling the words...I think it's great!!

This weekend was the first weekend in New Jersey where the weather really was nice and warm. I was driving all over with the song blasting. I got several bad looks from people. As a result, this song has passed the test and is now officially good!! In fact, I also believe this is the best Stones song since Start Me Up!!
May 16th, 2005 10:52 AM
Saint Sway thats the 1st thing I thought when I heard it at the press conference!! Definately Some Girls/IORR sounding!

its a rocker! And - most important - it sounds like a REAL Stones song!!! A huge improvement from the new crap they put out on 40 Licks.

I'm happy
May 16th, 2005 04:10 PM
Poplar
I think the album cut will be much faster than what we heard. seriously, imagine it quicker, and it sounds more "stones."
May 16th, 2005 04:26 PM
BILL PERKS I LIKE THE TRACK BUT I REFRAIN FROM IMMEDIATELY COMPARING NEW WORK TO SOME THEIR GREAT OLD WORKS..
May 16th, 2005 04:33 PM
Bloozehound I'm holding off judgement until I hear the album version first

May 16th, 2005 05:41 PM
CraigP One of my friends, a "middle of the road fan", caught the end of the press conf. on the radio. He thought it was a song off of Some Girls. There you go. I agree with you.
May 16th, 2005 06:15 PM
MRD8 There's a CD of new album rehearsals from 2004 circulating in elite circles(I don't have it---YET! A friend of mine who has heard it says its raw and blusey...lots of harp and loud, dirty guitars...he says its rawer than Some Girls and will blow a lot of people away...he's afraid they will ruin it by overproducing these gems!
Almost forgot, he says Oh No, Not You Again is the title track on the album...it won't be the first single for obvious reasons!
[Edited by MRD8]
May 16th, 2005 06:15 PM
ResidentMule could have been sitting around. back when they were talking about making a full album from the Paris 02 sessions they said they'd dig into the archives. I hope we still get a couple old ideas on the album. the new song's alright, but its still too soon to compare it with Steel Wheels let alone Some Girls,, at least not until I hear a version with some decent work by Jagger on vox (and maybe retouch some of the lyrics too, hint hint)
May 16th, 2005 06:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
...he's afraid they will ruin it by overproducing these gems!

Hasn't this always been the trend on the last 5 studio albums, everybody was raving about the "up front" guitar sounds and "raw" feel on Live licks, and these things weredefinitely heard on the 3 songs at the press conference last week, hopefully the Stones & Don Was are starting to "get it" this time out
May 16th, 2005 07:09 PM
Some Guy
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
There's a CD of new album rehearsals from 2004 circulating in elite circles(I don't have it---YET! A friend of mine who has heard it says its raw and blusey...lots of harp and loud, dirty guitars...he says its rawer than Some Girls and will blow a lot of people away...he's afraid they will ruin it by overproducing these gems!
Almost forgot, he says Oh No, Not You Again is the title track on the album...it won't be the first single for obvious reasons!
[Edited by MRD8]

could you explain this further, please.
May 16th, 2005 08:07 PM
Soldatti Oh No.. its a mix of WTWCD, Lies, Neighbours and some stuff on Dirty Work.
May 16th, 2005 08:19 PM
Some Guy Almost forgot, he says Oh No, Not You Again is the title track on the album...it won't be the first single for obvious reasons!

This is the title of the new album?
May 16th, 2005 09:37 PM
Poison Dart Oh, No not You again sounds to me like a combo between When the Whip Comes Down and some of Mick's best solo stuff.

May 16th, 2005 09:44 PM
Vinyl kills
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
There's a CD of new album rehearsals from 2004 circulating in elite circles(I don't have it---YET! A friend of mine who has heard it says its raw and blusey...lots of harp and loud, dirty guitars...he says its rawer than Some Girls and will blow a lot of people away...he's afraid they will ruin it by overproducing these gems!
[Edited by MRD8]

Are you serious! OH MY GOD you MUST get that disc!!!
May 16th, 2005 10:00 PM
glencar I think the song sounds like something off "Undercover" myself...
May 16th, 2005 10:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This is the title of the new album?

Naa, it's imposible.
May 17th, 2005 05:01 AM
MRD8 I think it'd be a GREAT title for the album...they haven't had a new one in going on eight years so Oh No, Not You Again would be a perfect title!
May 17th, 2005 06:04 AM
Gazza an ironic title for sure!

I hope it's not the album title, however. Plenty of time (going by past experience) to change it before reelase date

remember what happened to Blessed Poison, Butt Naked and Triple X!

I'd read also there was a few demos in circulation but thought it was bullshit, myself, but thanks for the heads up...

"Some Girls" was lyrically the best album the Stones ever did. Whilst "oh no" has a certain similar punky raw feel to it, its hard to believe those lyrics were written by the same person
May 17th, 2005 08:27 AM
Jair Can you someone post a link to the new song file or send me the song by e-mail at [email protected], if available?
Thanx
Jair
May 17th, 2005 08:47 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:

Are you serious! OH MY GOD you MUST get that disc!!!

+ 1...

...although the supposed availability of demos before a CD gets released does bring back sad memories of the Hans Mulder scam when B2B was released in 1997 and he pretended he had z double CD of demos...not so much the money part ($65) but the disappointment of not hearing the stuff..

The bad news about "elite circles" is that they don't share their stuff at all, the bootlegger's have to do the dirty work for us from the "lowly circles" to get to hear the stuff. The Steel Wheels sessions for example have been available to the "elite cirles" since at least 1998 and they never made it to us, oh well...
[Edited by gotdablouse]
May 19th, 2005 08:22 PM
gotdablouse Any news about these tapes ? ;-)
May 19th, 2005 09:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jair wrote:
Can you someone post a link to the new song file or send me the song by e-mail at [email protected], if available?
Thanx
Jair

http://www.rockpassion.com/oh%20no%20not%20you%20again.mp3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour