ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Hi there
© Arici Graziano
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Angry Yoko Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 14th, 2005 10:49 PM
glencar Can't say I blame her: http://www3.contactmusic.com/news/index2.htm
May 14th, 2005 11:45 PM
exile neither can I (blame yoko for being angry)

such a shame he was killed - I really enjoyed John Lennons music following the beatles. songs like 'Woman', 'Starting Over', 'Ballad of john and Yoko'

I think john Lennon was a truly gifted songwriter and whats more important he had a very important message for everyone, and that was LOVE.

especially in these troubled times of terrorism, quite an important message.

May 15th, 2005 04:28 PM
Soldatti Great words Exile.
May 15th, 2005 05:29 PM
gypsy That murderer is getting what he wanted - fame. I am going to fire off a letter to the station in protest.
May 16th, 2005 02:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think its time they let the man out.
If that had been in the UK, he would be well on his way to freedom now. 25 years is the life sentence.

If Yoko Ono wasnt such a hypocrite I would understand. Where is all this love and forgiveness she talks about? I understand the pain she must have gone through, but she shouldnt tell us to love and forgive one another and make an exception for the man who shot her husband. More so she should pitty him. He was mentaly ill.
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
May 16th, 2005 02:03 PM
Joey
quote:

Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I think its time they let the man out.

Actually , they keep Chapman in prison for his own protection . They guy would not last thirty seconds out on ' The Streets ' .

From the link :

" The Japanese artist is devastated at the proposal and has warned TV bosses of the pain they will cause by airing the documentary.

Ono fumes, "I think it's horrible of Channel 4 to do this. It shows a lack of understanding of the painful memories of what happened to John's beautiful life.

"Myself, John's family and so many fans will be hurt by the showing of such a programme."

I feel her pain .

Joey !

May 16th, 2005 02:15 PM
gimmekeef I can understand her rage..but freedom of the airwaves means exactly that.If they air it on the exact date then thats being insensitive and will only piss most folks off even more.But they have a right to air the content I believe....We can make our own judgements accordingly.
May 17th, 2005 07:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I think its time they let the man out.
If that had been in the UK, he would be well on his way to freedom now. 25 years is the life sentence.

If Yoko Ono wasnt such a hypocrite I would understand. Where is all this love and forgiveness she talks about? I understand the pain she must have gone through, but she shouldnt tell us to love and forgive one another and make an exception for the man who shot her husband. More so she should pitty him. He was mentaly ill.

I kind of agree with you VS, I don't think they should let him out quite yet though. Something went wrong in his head but I don't think he was a sociopath though like Manson.
May 17th, 2005 08:51 PM
glencar No, Manson had a plan, crazy as it was. This guy Chapman just had delusions.
May 17th, 2005 10:38 PM
Egbert Where do the ducks go in the winter?
May 18th, 2005 07:37 PM
kath shit. they have kept him in solitary all the time because somebody in prison would kill him just for the glory of it.
they oughta let him out in general population of the joint. he wouldn't last 30 seconds. bastard. sorry miserable bastard.
May 18th, 2005 08:46 PM
corgi37 It worried me not that Lennon got blasted, but you know, a guy's dead, i'm sorry, boo-hoo.

But, it really shits me that every one makes him out as a fucking saint. He was a envious, cold, bitter, petulant little house boy. He hated every body. Turned his back on all his friends, and dont forget, also his family!! Yeah, great family man. Ask his oldest child.

He was a hypocrite. A liar. A fraud.

The guy was a prick, and i for one, never looked up to him, never idolised him, in fact, never thought much about him at all.

May 18th, 2005 09:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
It worried me not that Lennon got blasted, but you know, a guy's dead, i'm sorry, boo-hoo.

But, it really shits me that every one makes him out as a fucking saint. He was a envious, cold, bitter, petulant little house boy. He hated every body. Turned his back on all his friends, and dont forget, also his family!! Yeah, great family man. Ask his oldest child.

The guy was a prick, and i for one, never looked up to him, never idolised him, in fact, never thought much about him at all.

I was as upset as anyone when Lennon was shot (well, maybe apart from Yoko I guess)

However, despite being a Beatles fan, I agree with everything you say about Lennon as a human being and dont buy that "give peace a chance" 'message' for a second.

Whilst what happened to him was horrific, personally, I find his elevation to near sainthood nauseating in the extreme.

[Edited by Gazza]
May 18th, 2005 09:30 PM
doo doo doo Dude I will watch this for jb.
May 18th, 2005 10:18 PM
glencar I agree that Lennon wasn't close to sainthood but Chapman should never see the light of freedom.
May 18th, 2005 10:29 PM
corgi37 You know why i get shitted off about Lennon? Because to me, Yoko is turning his whole memory into a weird hybrid of Ghandi and Elvis. We'll have the "Imagine" theme park soon. No mention of his days on skank. No mention of his bitch May. No mention of his total desertion of his 1st wife and son. As a dad, and step-dad, that just absolutely floors me. With all his money and fame, he was still a selfish little bastard to the people he shouldnt have been. And that probably includes his over rated ex-band mates.

Just to confirm i am indeed a prick, if Jagger got shot tomorrow, sure, i would be annoyed, but i wont be crying.

I'd be annoyed because i wont get to see him live again or know there will be no new stuff. I'd feel sorry for his family and friends, and fans i guess, but hey, it aint like he is my brother or anything. I wont be in mourning black or anything like that.

I'm sure as hell he wont be remembered as a saint! I will play Exile and go "Man, what a great life he had".

There will be alot of mourning pussies the day he goes!

But his deal with the devil surely will expire one day.

May 18th, 2005 11:09 PM
glencar You are right on! I did cry when Lennon got shot but that wouldn't happen today. That's part of maturity.
May 18th, 2005 11:24 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Regarding the prick's canonization by the masses, I'm sure the prick himself would agree with you. He had stopped worshipping dead and living pricks, soon before he was killed (with the possible exception of the so-called "dragon lady").

"Imagine a world devoid of pricks"? I find it implausible. But, boy, some of his solo musical output still resonates (to say the least).
[Edited by MrPleasant]
May 19th, 2005 01:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
May 19th, 2005 02:02 AM
IanBillen [quote]corgi37 wrote:
It worried me not that Lennon got blasted, but you know, a guy's dead, i'm sorry, boo-hoo.

Really? I never really heard that. All I ever heard was what a great song writer and person he was. Can you elaborate a bit and are there any biography's that are reputable saying the likes?

Ian

May 19th, 2005 02:51 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Would have to agree with Corgi.
I cant see the point in the John Lennon thing. The guy was a real arsehole to a lot of people including his first born. His solo music sounds very dated, Imagine is one of the most overated songs in the world and if he were around today, we wouldnt be buying his records.

More famous dead than alive and that goes for...

Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Jimi Hendrix
Brian Jones
May 19th, 2005 09:39 AM
corgi37 So, Ian, what bit dont you know about?

The 4 years locked in his bedroom? John was a bad boy, and Yoko wouldnt let him out to play. All he needed was the special "Brian Wilson sand-pit" and he may never have come out!

Or, the so-called "lost weekend" with May? He left, or was booted out by, Yoko ya know! Beatles fans almost universally came at once in orgasmic delight when John & Yoko "split".

Or dont you know about the complete desertion of his child and 1st wife? Yoko, John's 'master', wouldnt allow him to contact his son/ex-wife at all. Only THEIR offspring were worthy of songs, like "Beautiful Boy".

Or, the heroin? Oh, yeah, there was a few track marks in those skinny white arms.

Ya never heard of any of that?

Well, that is my point!

He wasnt all Mr Give peace a chance strawberry fields i love you all.

P.S. I hope you realise that Double Fantasy was only a hit after he got wasted. I know. Cause i remember the charts at the time. I made damn sure. Sure, initially, it sold well. Then dived like a u-boat in the Atlantic. Similar to how Nirvana's In-utero kind of stiffed, until the idiot lost his head.
May 19th, 2005 10:03 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Corgi We need to chat!

I like your policies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
May 19th, 2005 10:25 AM
corgi37 Vote for me!!!
May 19th, 2005 03:59 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Would have to agree with Corgi.
I cant see the point in the John Lennon thing. The guy was a real arsehole to a lot of people including his first born. His solo music sounds very dated, Imagine is one of the most overated songs in the world and if he were around today, we wouldnt be buying his records.

More famous dead than alive and that goes for...

Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison
Jimi Hendrix
Brian Jones

I wasn't much of a fan of John's music when he became a solo artist.
I concurr with the More Famous Dead Than Alive bit. Kurt Cobain was over rated Nirvana HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Sorry not a fan of that ilk of so called music.
Brian Jones, poor creature had too much going on in his life that he didn't know how to deal with, fame being number one and dealing with Mick and Keith a close second. Don't think he had the right head on to deal with big stuff like that.
May 19th, 2005 04:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I liked the Plastic Ono Band record. Anyway I'm confused with Corgi's timeline a bit...wasn't Double Fantasy released after he was shot? I was living in Portugal at the time so I wasn't paying that much attention.
May 19th, 2005 04:58 PM
FPM C10 What a confusing, confused thread.

I don't think John was a saint. I don't think anyone who reads up on him AT ALL thinks that. (Also see my comments in the Dolls thread about all musicians being scumbags. They - er, I mean WE - are! Selfish, self-centered, ego-driven scumbags, to some degree or another. And when you're in the biggest band in the world, you're bound to be a BIG scumbag!.)

I don't ever listen to his solo stuff. Some of his Beatles songs, however, are among the best rock & roll ever recorded, and there's nothing his nay-sayers can do to change that.

However, scumbag or not, he was my FIRST hero, and the grief I felt at his death was probably grief over a part of my life that I would never get back. That's the thing with being a Stones fan, and them going on for so long - when they walk out on stage I'm going to be 18 again, just like I was the first time I saw them.

The thing about the little piece of shit who killed him - he WANTED to be famous, that's part of why he did it, so part of his punishment should be NO NEWS COVERAGE of anything he says or does ever again, including when he's brutally murdered the day he's released into the general prison population, or into society.
May 19th, 2005 05:09 PM
Joey

" Loving John " ( by : May Pang )

Joey Pang ! ™
May 19th, 2005 05:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

The thing about the little piece of shit who killed him - he WANTED to be famous, that's part of why he did it, so part of his punishment should be NO NEWS COVERAGE of anything he says or does ever again, including when he's brutally murdered the day he's released into the general prison population, or into society.

So then...I would assume from your post you believe the official version. I'd almost put Chapman in the same category as Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan, and James Earle Ray. Patsies. I've got no proof of course, but it's fun to play connect the dots.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 19th, 2005 05:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I liked the Plastic Ono Band record. Anyway I'm confused with Corgi's timeline a bit...wasn't Double Fantasy released after he was shot? I was living in Portugal at the time so I wasn't paying that much attention.

No..it was a few weeks before it

"Just like starting over" had been released as a single in October and in the UK it didnt do that great considering the hoopla at Lennon's return from retirement. I think it peaked at around #17 and was on its way down the charts when he was murdered. Of course, within days it was number 1, and up until March 1981 practically every number 1 in the UK was a Lennon song (including a cash-in cover of 'Jealous Guy' by Roxy Music)

The album had sold well but not outstandingly until lennon was shot
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour