ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie Watts interview in Humo Return to archive
05-18-03 02:00 AM
F505 In the Belgian weekly Humo an interview with Charlie. He says he don't get the thrills anymore while touring with the Stones. "It has become a routine job." His ultimate love for Charlie Parker. He dreamed to play with Parker's band even when the Stones were already world-famous. The fact he considers himself not as a really skilful drummer: "The band I'm in is fantastic but I am not". His visits with Ian Stewart to jazz clubs. The first time he saw B.B. King in Detroit: "Fantastic. I will never forget that." And he refutes the fact that touring with the Stones is exciting. If the Stones would stop Charlie won't regret it. He'd say: "Thanks for so many great years."
[Edited by F505]
05-18-03 02:09 AM
J.J.Flash Unfortunately, I can't have this magazine.... Anyway, thanks a lot F505.
I hope Charlie don't want to quit his work, at least, for the next 10 years. I hope!! We need them!! We (Rolling Stones frenzy fans) are not accustomed with the idea of the boys stop one day, because they are Licking for 40 years....They don't know the STOP button.
05-19-03 01:21 PM
Mother baby
quote:
F505 wrote:
In the Belgian weekly Humo an interview with Charlie. He says he don't get the thrills anymore while touring with the Stones. "It has become a routine job."

Yeah...but hasn't he always been kinda like that? If he doesn't get off on it, why not the follow up question..."well..WHY are you still doing it?" Money? Loyalty to the band? Blood Contract??
WHY WHY WHY????? LOL.
05-19-03 03:27 PM
F505 Well Motherbaby, Charlie states he's nevertheless proud to be in the band. I think he don't want to let Keith and the others down. Besides it's the only way for him to have a social life because he's living as a hermit in his farm. He sees literally nobody except some sheep and a lost farmer.
05-19-03 03:45 PM
Moonisup didn't interview also appear in the Dutch "aloha" magazine?
05-19-03 03:51 PM
F505 You could be right Moonisup
05-20-03 12:51 AM
Mother baby I think the guy should go home if he's not that happy but......GOSH he really ain't that important. ...(IS HE?)
[Edited by Mother baby]
[Edited by Mother baby]
05-20-03 04:49 AM
Monkey Woman Charlie, "not that important"???? You gotta be joking!
05-20-03 10:37 AM
jb I tend to agree with MotherBaby.....
05-20-03 10:47 AM
Mother baby Hi JB....I was out last night at a bar near where I'm now working and got to playing the Juke box. Only One Stones record on it though...Rewind. At any rate I broke down and played some Beatles on it and I got to brooding and thinking about some of your posts. And it dawned on me that I'm starting to come around to your way of thinkig. LOL.
Especially the Macca songs...that's some nasty stuff.
05-20-03 11:13 AM
jb LOL...I knew we would eventaully see eye to eye on something!
05-20-03 11:35 AM
Mother baby Yeah...Macca put me in a bad mood last night...brooding about how overrated he is. And I took it out on poor Charlie LOL. Far be it for me to dictate other peoples taste in music....but Macca???? Will someone PLEASE close the curtain on that act! Oh I suppose some people like him.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003