ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One Hit To The Body........... Return to archive
05-17-03 08:12 PM
FM .....is GREAT. Shoulda been on 40 Licks.

It's a classic Stones single, methinks.

Fraser
05-17-03 10:07 PM
Gimme Shelter I agree. I always have it in my MP3 player when I run. It's a great work out song.
05-17-03 10:51 PM
tDice pimp Yeah, but that omission is insignificant next to the omission of waiting on a friend. What the fuck were they thinking?
05-17-03 11:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
tDice pimp wrote:
Yeah, but that omission is insignificant next to the omission of waiting on a friend. What the fuck were they thinking?

A lot, like "God, why did we waste Sonny Rollins on a such a crappy song?"

Replace "Fool To Cry" with "One Hit (To The Body)", "Anybody Seen My Baby?" with "Saint Of Me", and we'd have an insanely stronger greatest hits collection, I think.

-tSYX --- She confessed her love to me...
05-17-03 11:30 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
tDice pimp wrote:
Yeah, but that omission is insignificant next to the omission of waiting on a friend. What the fuck were they thinking?

They got so many fucking Licks they don't know what do to with.
05-18-03 12:30 AM
tDice pimp I thought Waiting on a friend was a favorite among Stones fans, first time I've heard it being called a crappy song. I think it's quite a good lick, the BTB tour version of the song was one of the highlights of those shows to me.

In cd1 I would replace "The Last Time" with No Expectations and "It's all over now with "Midnight Rambler"
05-18-03 12:37 AM
J.J.Flash Great song! Pretty hard-riff work!
Hey Savage, great idea. Saint of Me is far better than Anybody....
05-18-03 05:30 PM
full moon Great tune.......
05-18-03 06:21 PM
Gazza replacing megahits with songs that werent even singles, let alone hits defeats the purpose of a greatest hits retrospective. Midnight rambler's inclusion would mean leaving three songs out from the 1960's - when most of the band's singles were going to number one. Its a no-brainer.
05-18-03 07:36 PM
tDice pimp You're totally right gazza, I meant it in a personal way like my ideal compilation of Stones songs, not in the sense of a greatest hits compilation album, sorry about that . . . .
05-18-03 07:42 PM
Gazza No need to apologise..!!
we all have our personal favourites. "Midnight rambler" from "Ya yas" is probably my favourite ever Stones track. It just doesnt belong on a "hits" CD. they had enough problems fitting them on anyway and had to edit several songs.

But if my personal choices for "40 licks" had been used it would have been full of stuff like "Continental drift", "You cant catch me", "Slave", "Moonlight Mile" and "torn and frayed". I doubt it would have sold so well!
05-18-03 08:20 PM
exile great song DEFINITELY

I think its one of the best Stones Video's
WITH MICK AND KEITH ALMOST COMING TO BLOWS

05-18-03 08:51 PM
tDice pimp gazza wrote :
"we all have our personal favourites. "Midnight rambler" from "Ya yas" is probably my favourite ever Stones track."
------------------------------------------------------------
(fuck, I still can't figure out how you guys post those fancy quotes)

Couldn't agree more with you
05-18-03 08:52 PM
luridchief I would have liked to have seen TIME IS ON MY SIDE on CD1.

As for CD2? Only one new song (DON'T STOP) and WAITING ON A FRIEND, SHE'S SO COLD and (pick one of the two) ONE HIT or SHE WAS HOT.

Ah, well . . . !
05-19-03 04:21 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
(fuck, I still can't figure out how you guys post those fancy quotes)

Try the board's help page at:
http://novogate.com/boards/faq.php?show=code
05-19-03 04:37 PM
tDice pimp
quote:
Try the board's help page at:
http://novogate.com/boards/faq.php?show=code

Thanks monkey woman, I hope I get it right
05-19-03 05:21 PM
Joey " A lot, like "God, why did we waste Sonny Rollins on a such a crappy song?"

The legendary " Sonny Rollins' " inclusion on such tracks as " Slave " and " Waiting on a Friend " MADE " Tattoo You " what it is .......................the last great Rock and Roll album EVER made . Period !

" Tie Me UP and call Me Suzi Ronnie and Cardinal Fang is a GOD ! "

JACKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-20-03 09:39 AM
Jumping Jack Also missing:

Bitch
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
If You Can't Rock Me
Monkey Man
Saint of Me
One Hit To The Body
Rip This Joint
Heartbreaker
Dancin With Mr. D
Star Star

40 Licks is clearly the unleaded version of Stones hits.
Maybe they are saving the real stuff for a rip-roaring live album.

05-20-03 10:26 AM
icydanger He fell from the clear blue sky....

Mostly missing imho,,,
midnight rambler
cant you hear me knocking
05-20-03 10:43 AM
Flashpoint One Hit is a amazing tune, great guitar riffs.
On Forty Licks is clearly missing bitch and anybody seen my baby sucks......and what's the deal with emotional rescue? is on all greatest hits compilations(jump back, forty licks)but it was never played live.....so..it's a hit(not for me) that they would never play on any tour?...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003