ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick's multiple interpretations of his persona (something only a Stone can do) Return to archive
05-17-03 01:17 PM
tDice pimp Despite all of rock's backstory about big bands touring experiences, all the sex, drugs and music, musicians tend to be labeled in some dark and obvios stereotype. That's how many people think of Keith only as a wastoid, allthough that's a sad and stupid missinterpretation. But with Mick something strange happens, something unexplainable and almost considered a paranormal phenomena. He was found on Bowie's bed (with him of course) so then people could take many fast and obvious conclusions but NO. . . Mick has been able to turn all those thoughts upside sown and has come to be considered a huge and succesful ladies man. There could be great missguided thoughts about him, labeling him as a fag or something worse but he has been able to change all that and come to be considered to everybody the perfect and ideal rock star. how he does it? It's beyond my powers of vision.
05-17-03 01:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
tDice pimp wrote:
Mick has been able to turn all those thoughts upside sown and has come to be considered a huge and succesful ladies man. There could be great missguided thoughts about him, labeling him as a fag or something worse but he has been able to change all that and come to be considered to everybody the perfect and ideal rock star. how he does it? It's beyond my powers of vision.

You must be fucking blind then. I know I'm going way out on a limb here, but my guess is that he gets the reputation as a ladies man because he has sex with a lot of different women.
05-17-03 01:59 PM
tDice pimp sure, I agree with that but my point is that even though he fucked men he is still considered a powerful ladies man. He didn't loose credibility for that, many others would , but not Mick. That's what I was trying to say.
05-17-03 02:40 PM
LadyJane The answer is so easy tDicePimp--There is only one Mick Jagger and, despite his supposed escapades with other men, we ladies just don't care. He's totally irresistible.

In fact...I believe men and women alike when faced with a quandary often utter the phrase "What would Jagger do?"

LadyJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
05-17-03 03:52 PM
tDice pimp That's a nice way to put ir I guess.
05-18-03 08:27 AM
Mother baby
quote:
tDice pimp wrote:
but he has been able to change all that and come to be considered to everybody the perfect and ideal rock star. how he does it? It's beyond my powers of vision.

I dunno. But I don't think he actually has to "do" anything necessarily. To me it's all a question of "being" rather than "doing". The Great I AM, kind of....Essense.
05-20-03 06:44 AM
JaggerLips Some people have just got "it" haven't they? and whatever it is Mick does he has certainly got "it"

Mick is the kind of person you'd let get away with murder if he so much as looks at you.

[Edited by JaggerLips]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003