ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: whats best gig to see ? dublin or manchester. Return to archive
05-16-03 09:13 AM
oska i've allready bought tickets for dublin and london twickenham. but now want a 3rd gig to see. so all you experienced stones concert goers , which is the best ? ground floor standing tickets at dublin[second night], or manchesters all seated gig ? i think [hope]if you queue for long enough at dublin i might get to front of stage? so maybe dublin is best, what do you guys think ?
05-16-03 12:26 PM
erikjjf Dublin, no contest!
05-16-03 09:35 PM
Angiegirl Dito, Dublin it has to be.
05-17-03 01:30 PM
oska dublin it is then! 11 sept. anyone else any input on this subject? ALL replys gratefully received.
05-17-03 01:32 PM
Gazza its a no-brainer

the smaller the show the better.

However,if you were taking young kids, you might prefer to get them seats. Otherwise, Dublin by a mile.
05-17-03 04:06 PM
oska ok, i'm a 'no brainer', and welcome any and all replys. but it looks like the 'fair city' of DUBLIN, has all the votes. incidently, yes im taking my two girls of 11 and 13 yrs with me, but they realy prefer the idea of arriving early and fighting for the best places by the stage,standing for hours! rather than sitting in the centre of big manchester arena, with a poor view. so, i guess i've answered my own question! but it's nice to get a debate going. who else has an oppinion about this?
05-17-03 08:14 PM
DrGlimmer Oska, dig deep and hit both shows. I live in Manchester and its great to have the Stones play in your home town but the M.E.N is a BIG place. Respect that your taking your kids. If the Stones add an extra date in MCR I might take my three bundles of joy. Shit, that would be expensive.
Anyway, if I had to choose I'd take Dublin. And I'm looking forward to those shows. We still got to meet for a beer, Gazza.
05-17-03 08:27 PM
FM .........Glasgow
05-18-03 08:40 AM
oska im going to do both dublin gigs now, its only 90 minutes away on ferry .
05-20-03 06:49 AM
JaggerLips Well I am going to Manchester, my dad has been there and he says it's a fantastic atmosphere. I love big crowds of people as I have been to Anfield a few times in the past and even though it's all seater the atmosphere is electric. Plus why would I go to Dublin when Manchester is right next door to my home Liverpool??

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003