ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IS THIS THE INSPIRATION FOR SOME GIRLS?????? Return to archive
05-15-03 06:26 PM
oldkr

this image is an advert from Hit Parader 1975 , keith cover , big keith interview did this advert- as he was checking his interview -start the creative flow??????

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]
05-15-03 06:41 PM
vampire I read once this kind of advert was common in sixties...

[Edited by vampire]
05-15-03 07:29 PM
nankerphelge That's really interesting!
Quick -- someone post the SG cover -- the "gypsy" thing on the bottom is sure similar.
05-15-03 07:36 PM
Stonesdoug A couple of the wigs are exactly the same---check out the one in the upper right corner
05-15-03 07:44 PM
vampire here it is, from Amazon

05-15-03 08:02 PM
nankerphelge Wow -- someone must have seen that -- just too damn coincidental I'd say!

Even the script is just like Some Girls!

Awesome catch!
05-15-03 08:07 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Wow -- someone must have seen that -- just too damn coincidental I'd say!

Even the script is just like Some Girls!

Awesome catch!

I agree! Can't be a coincidence!

Good job oldkr!

LadyJ.
05-15-03 09:27 PM
Miss U. It just occurred to me it would be funny to have the faces of all the Rocks Off girls/women in that cover....maybe a project for Voodoo?
05-16-03 01:44 AM
gypsy Good idea, Mizz U! Now which wig would we each want. I volunteer to 'wear' the "Freedom Puffs" if no one else wants to. I can totally see LadyJane wearing the "Fonda."
05-16-03 06:10 AM
Doxa Wow! oldkr, a great discovery! And your theory is very logical: Keith (or Mick??) checked his interview and the rest is history..

Doxa
05-16-03 06:52 AM
nankerphelge Gypsy -- I had you pegged for the gypsy sweetheart!

Who's gonna have the love knot?????

Joey I bet!
05-16-03 06:56 AM
stonedinaustralia oldkr i think you answer your own question but it is a great find nevertheless

vamp's point is good - at root it looks like an early '60's type graphic (perhaps even earlier) - updated by the magazine you refer to and given the circs. of the interview it's reasonable to say it may have been spotted by the band - either one of the boys or someone in the organization, at least

btw - who gets the credit for the SG art work?

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
05-16-03 09:01 AM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Good idea, Mizz U! Now which wig would we each want. I volunteer to 'wear' the "Freedom Puffs" if no one else wants to. I can totally see LadyJane wearing the "Fonda."

LMAO!

Not bad....I'll take the Fonda. Better than the love knot!!

LadyJ.

PS. Gypsy....why the Fonda for me? Just curious!!

BTW. If you get any bright ideas, Voo...I'm sending a new picture....significant weight loss has occurred since Vegas.
[Edited by LadyJane]
05-16-03 09:09 AM
stonedinaustralia well.. i guess, the girl in the cascade curls for me

she's gorgeous
05-16-03 01:18 PM
Madafaka Yes, this kind of advertising was very common in 60's, but looks like the same!
05-16-03 01:32 PM
steel driving hammer I'll tell you what the inspiration would of been.

It would of been now if I would of seen your face...

Have a great weekend everyone!
05-16-03 03:15 PM
Miss U. I'd like the "Beau Catcher" in the RS version or "Love Knot" or "Darling New You".
05-16-03 04:38 PM
gypsy LJ, I was just going with the name..."Lady Jane"..."Jane Fonda." But, you can choose any wig you want.
05-16-03 09:44 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
LJ, I was just going with the name..."Lady Jane"..."Jane Fonda." But, you can choose any wig you want.

Duh! Sorry gypsy.....sometimes I'm a tad dense. I actually like the Fonda. Good choice! But I like the Diana, too!! Very retro!

Can't wait to see you in the Freedom Puffs!! LOL

LadyJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
05-18-03 01:53 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff "You just hit the jackpot!!!"
05-19-03 02:49 AM
MarthaMyDear I want the Afro American because I am BROWN SUGAH, BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! HE!!! HE!!! Ok.... Time to get some sleep... lol..................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003