ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones not on stones albums?? Return to archive
05-14-03 11:04 PM
masoudi I downloaded the two songs with mick and keith from peter woolf's album which was a nice suprise.

There a few others recently which Keith has had on other peoples albums. Without hunting for them can someone post the names of some of these songs which mick and keith have done on other peoples albums so I can try and download them. I have the Chieftans album for example but Im sure they have done a few other tracks since then on others albums

05-15-03 01:39 PM
Monkey Woman One I like is the tribute album to Jimmy Rodgers, under the title 'Blues Blues Blues'. Mick sings and Keith plays guitar on three classic blues tunes.
05-15-03 01:47 PM
Nellcote Ronnie on Izzy Stradlin's 1st album
Keith on "My Mistake" Phantom Jim from Stray Cats
Keith on one of Ziggy Marley's early albums cut "Lee & Molly", and one other
Keith on a Tom Waits cut, album escapes me
Mick on Harp on Jimmy Rip Solo Album
Keith on upcoming (When?) Hubert Sumlin album
Mick on 1st Peter Wolf Solo Album "Lights Out"

Some that come to mind.....
05-15-03 02:15 PM
sirmoonie Mick on Peter Tosh's "Walk and Don't Look Back"

Very nice.
05-15-03 02:47 PM
T&A the Waits album is Rain Dogs that Keith is featured on a couple of tracks, one being Blind Love.

Keith's also on Johnnie Johnson's album with Key to the Highway (which is also on a KR b-side for Eileen).

Keith and Charlie play on separate tracks on Charles Mingus tribute album...worth checking out.

don't forget Mick on Carly Simon's You're So Vain....
05-15-03 03:04 PM
telecaster Mick on "Your So Vain" by Carly Simon

Keith with Johnny Johnson "Tanquerey"
05-15-03 04:13 PM
voodoopug Keith is on Sheryl Crows concert in New York playing Happy and also on Willie Nelson's Stars and Guitars playing a great version of Dead Flowers
05-15-03 04:23 PM
RubyFriday If you like Reggae...you should download (buy) Max Romeo - Holding out my love to you......Keith plays guitar on the entire album.It�s with Sly and Robbie also.

Further....Rod Stewart -Unplugged......with Ronnie

and last but not least Bo Diddley & Ronnie - Live at the Ritz.
[Edited by RubyFriday]
05-15-03 04:51 PM
Monkey Woman John Phillips's "Pay Pack And Follow", featuring Mick (backing vocals), Keith (guitar and backing vocals), Ronnie (bass) and Mick T (guitar - what else)!
05-15-03 05:27 PM
telecaster Keith and Jerry Lee Lewis "Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On"

Not an album but an appearence
05-15-03 05:51 PM
vampire Jagger + Bowie - Dancing in the Street
Jagger + Michael Jackson - State of Shock
Stones + BB King - Paying the Cost to be the Boss

Keith Richards on Deuces and a Quarter, with Scotty Moore & DJ Fontana...

05-15-03 06:05 PM
telecaster Keith on Johnnie Lee Hooker "Crawlin King Snake"

05-15-03 06:06 PM
telecaster
Keith Richards on Deuces and a Quarter, with Scotty Moore & DJ Fontana...

[/quote]

Vampire where can one "Deuces and a Quarter"? Is it still available? Any good?
05-15-03 06:16 PM
Gazza >There a few others recently which Keith has had on other peoples albums. Without hunting for them can someone post the names of some of these songs which mick and keith have done on other peoples albums so I can try and download them. I have the Chieftans album for example but Im sure they have done a few other tracks since then on others albums

if you check the links at the top of this page to each individual band member, you should find a breakdown of this information! some of it may be under reconstruction from time to time but you should get the info you need!
05-15-03 06:19 PM
T&A telecaster:

Keith joins Jerry Lee for a number of tunes on that TV appearance, including Your Cheating Heart.

RubyFriday:

The Max Romeo contributions by KR are mostly behind the scenes (producer)....I don't recall hearing much Keith guitar at all on that very forgettable album...
05-15-03 06:39 PM
Gazza >Vampire where can one "Deuces and a Quarter"? Is it still available? Any good?

its on the Scotty Moore, DJ Fontana & Friends CD "All The Kings Men". The song "Deuce and a Quarter" features a guest appearance by The Band and Keith Richards, with Keith & Levon Helm duetting on lead vocal.Is it any good? It's fucking MAJESTIC

Woody also guests along with Jeff Beck on a tribute to Scotty and DJ called "Unsung Heroes". Other guests on the album include The Mavericks, The Bodeans, Joe Ely, Joe Louis Walker and the great Steve Earle.
05-15-03 06:47 PM
T&A And, of course, who could forget Ronnie's and Keith's guitar contributions to the horrible Dirty Strangers album? Well - I think we'd all like to!
05-15-03 06:59 PM
vampire Thanks for your reply, Gazza
I couldnt agree more. It's fucking MAJESTIC, for sure!

Telecaster, using the link bellow you can check the record at CDNow/Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/artist/glance/-/182904/ref=m_art_dp/103-3043226-0799863

[Edited by vampire]
05-15-03 07:08 PM
telecaster Thanks all, sounds like I am missing some stuff

I remember an interview with Keith talking about Scotty Moore and he said he was giving him more and more scotch
so he would tell some stories about Elvis

Keith with Rock Pile doing "Let It Rock"

Keith on stage with U2 "When Love Comes To Town" Dreadfull
05-15-03 10:55 PM
BILL PERKS LEE AND MOLLY RULES.... I BOUGHT ALL THE KINGS MEN ON EBAY AND IT'S GREAT...I JUST DOWMLOADED KEEF WITH U2 AND IT IS INDEED TERRIBLE..KEEF'S DUET WITH GEORGE JONES ON SAY IT'S NOT YOU IS GREAT AS WELL..AS IS TANQUERAY..ALSO BUY HAIL HAIL ROCK N ROLL MOVIE WITH CHUCK BERRY,SOUNDTRACK IS GOOD,THE MOVIE IS WHAT TO BUY.
05-16-03 03:20 AM
RubyFriday
quote:
T&A

The Max Romeo contributions by KR are mostly behind the scenes (producer)....I don't recall hearing much Keith guitar at all on that very forgettable album...

Tod :

Some sources say he�s only playing on 4 tracks,some say he�s playing the entire album.I tend to believe, he�s playin�the whole album cause there is only one other guitar (Earl Smith).Like I said,you should love Reggae to like this album....but I like it.Dirty Strangers is indeed forgettable.

[Edited by RubyFriday]
05-16-03 04:52 AM
fmk438j There's a boot called Lost and Found (ten discs). It has all bits and pieces of stones with other people.

There's a whole heap of crap on there, but maybe one to look out for.

[Edited by fmk438j]
05-16-03 09:06 PM
vampire One of those brings Julian Jones (Brian�s son) doing The Last Time. Charlie & Stu in Great Western Boogie Live in England in �78 is also very good., among others i too drunk to remember right now...

[Edited by vampire]
05-17-03 06:33 AM
egon both mick & keef on:

it's only rock n roll

various artists for children's promise (1999)
05-18-03 05:39 AM
Cant Catch Me Gazza and Vampire, plus everybody else are right on about the Scotty Moore and D.J. Fontana CD, "All the King's Men," it's not just MAJESTIC, it's INDISPENSIBLE. "Deuce and a Quarter" is probably the best track, for tons of reasons, like Keith, the song itself, and on and on. "Unsung Heroes" kicks ass and is a close second. (As far as I know there are no Stones on it, but a similar project is a CD by Paul Burlison, "Train Kept A' Rollin." He was the guitarist, and a pretty wild one too, for the Rock n' Roll Trio, which had the Burnettes [brothers??] and originally did "Train.")

Bill Perk's recommendation of Keith and George Jones on "Say It's Not You" is great advice. The CD is called "The Bradley Barn Sessions" by George Jones, and it's got some other great duets with George and others.

Keith sings one song on a 2002 Hank Williams (Sr.) tribute album, can't remember the CD's name, but I think that particular song isn't that good, although as a whole the CD is quite good.

The "Howlin' Wolf London Sessions" CD features practically all of the Stones' rhythm section, plus Nicky Hopkins on piano and some out-of-work hack guitaris, name of Eric Clapton. It was also the first and the very best of the "London Sessions" collaborations between blues greats and British rock n' rollers. Essential.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003