ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If you could attend one Euro show? Return to archive
05-14-03 07:34 AM
fmk438j I guess many here can and will attend numerous shows, but for all us people on the other side of the globe, I'm wondering which one everyone thinks is 'the' show to have a ticket to.

For me, no surprises in saying a dutch show, Vredenburg or Ahoy. The Astoria would be cool too.

Go on, rub it in and tell me you have tickets to all these shows and more!

[Edited by fmk438j]
05-14-03 08:23 AM
scope I always wanted to see a show in the UK. I had tickets to see them at Wembley back in 98 and the show got cancelled. So there I was in London, just dreaming of what might have been. Kind of like unfinished business.

Plus, I would get a chance to see Honky Tonk Man again and party in his neighborhood.
05-14-03 08:52 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Dang... It's a toss-up between Utrecht, London (The Astoria) and Dublin.

I love Holland and all, I just think the folks there know how to party, but I think it'd be easier to talk with people & so forth in London and/or Dublin, but Dublin doesn't have a theatre show... dang.

Tough question! I'll have to think on it.

-tSYX --- Heltah Skeltah...
05-14-03 09:12 AM
steel driving hammer 1 show hmm, prolly Paris Olympia, crowd will only be 2400.

Plus that Paris in the Spring Time thing is going on right now...
05-14-03 09:31 AM
vampire I'd go to London, for sure.
05-14-03 09:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks scope!

It would be an honour to party in my neighbourhood with you!

Its shame your not coming to London. We could walk around looking in record shops and go to a bar like we did in NY. Except this time, i would be old enough to actually drink!

For me, it has to be the Astoria show. I was pretty annoyed when i realised that if i had joined the fan club 5 minutes earlier, maybe id of got tickets. Still, i got Wembley Arena instead and that sold out in about 5 minutes!

Anyway, ive got opening night!

Alex
05-14-03 11:56 AM
Zeeta M.E.N. Block E!!!!!!

I gather there are many of us in this block!?

Should be good!

Although Astoria and Dublin (lucky bastards !!) would be the obvious choices!

05-14-03 01:15 PM
jb Dublin with my mate Gazza...
05-14-03 01:48 PM
marko hmmm i think Helsinki would be the completely new experiment!
05-14-03 10:56 PM
littleredrooster Astoria !!!!!
05-15-03 12:49 AM
FPM C10 Amsterdam, after a week eyeball deep in hookers and hookahs and hash.
05-15-03 08:07 AM
Mathijs I would say:

1. Astoria, London
2. Vredenburg, Holland
3. Olympia, France
4. Dublin, Ireland

I must admit I HAD to say these shows, as I will attend them all -

Mathijs
05-15-03 09:02 AM
dealer squealing Must say because i will be there:
Globen Stockholm (my only one)

Also:
Paris Bercy
Cirkus Stockholm
Copenhagen
Ahoy Rotterdam

I have been dissapointed with the London shows in resent years so im not going to mention London although i hope they will be splendid there!
05-15-03 11:35 AM
F505 Ofcourse Vredenburg and I will be there!!!
Yahoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
05-15-03 01:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hmm, if had to choose 1? I guess Astoria.
05-15-03 09:26 PM
Angiegirl Would be Astoria for me too. And Vredenburg of course, before you all want my ticket if I prefer another show
And Cikus + Globen Stockholm and Helsinki. Not very original, is it?
And Dublin, but I am already going there.
05-15-03 11:41 PM
MarthaMyDear The Astoria (I'll be there)... CAN'T WAIT!!!

*** Martha ***
05-17-03 02:19 PM
Gazza anywhere small!

I got the show I wanted (Astoria) and I'm happy to get two Irish shows - and in a small arena - so its worked out well.

It'll be strange NOT seeing the Stones in Paris this year, but I'd only have gone there or any of the other mainland European cities if I had got club show tickets in those places. With probably around a dozen shows in the British Isles and all but two of them indoors, I'm very happy with what I've got for this summer,so no complaints. I know I'll have a great time but I'll certainly be down in the dumps when it's over!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003