ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What other live acts are you planning on seeing this year besides the Stones??? :D Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-12-03 09:52 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Neil Young w/ Lucinda Williams at the ACC
Allman Brothers, at the Amphitheatre in Toronto

PT, are you close to me?

Neil - FLR3 r.20, s.12
ABB - 201, r.B, s.14
05-13-03 01:22 AM
exile I saw "The Datsuns" a week or so ago and they rocked
if they come your way you must check them out.

I also saw Audioslave in the same week they were OK not great
05-13-03 04:06 AM
F505 Michiel Borstlap on may 31 in the SJU-huis Utrecht. A really cool Dutch jazz artist... be there!!!
05-13-03 06:23 AM
JaggerLips I am seeing Paul McCartney, I am hoping to see Christina Aguilera as well in Manchester.
Hey I am 19 what do you expect, but the one concert I am can't wait to go to is the Stones, IT'S MY FIRST TIME AND HOPEFULLY NOT THE LAST!!!

"Anybody seen Mick Jagger anybody seen him around
If I could just close my eyes I'd reach out, reach out and touch the prize......"
05-13-03 09:56 AM
jb I can understand Christine Aguilera..she is about as hot as it gets, but if you wish to be a viable part of this community, realize that we hate Macca!!!!!!!!
05-13-03 11:36 AM
Zeeta
quote:
exile wrote:
I saw "The Datsuns" a week or so ago and they rocked
if they come your way you must check them out.

Great band mate - a cross between AC/DC and Stones IMO - love Harmonic Generator - I would add them to SS' thread about great rock and roll, well played guitar music.

Check them if you can
05-13-03 11:55 AM
magicwoman -scrotum (a dutch band)
-Cremation ( a local dutch band)
-apocalyptica
-pro-pain
-destroyer 666
-alice cooper
-anthrax
-stone sour
-arch enemy
-status quo
-thin lizzy
-deep purple
-lynrid skynrid
-Iron Maiden
-Within Temptation
-Type o negative
-uriah heep
-LA doors
05-13-03 02:02 PM
vampire Kid Abelha
Lulu Santos
J Quest
Lucinha Lins (Tonite, at the local university, btw)
Neil Lisboa
Caetano Veloso
Marina

All of them brazilian singers/groups....
Hopefully, Stones next in Rio and Sao Paolo

Man, the last great show i saw down here in south of Brazil was in...I think FIVE years ago, Massive Attack in Porto Alegre city. Besides that I can't remember nothing cool.

So, not only the record stores here are extremaly sux. NEVER has something COOL to do, except smoke some cheeba and f* and fooling around...

THATS WHY I HAVE TO WATCH HONG KONG MOVIES, besides that pretty girl you see below

[Edited by vampire]
05-14-03 02:03 AM
Dan Probably no more Stones shows this year. The only thing I have tickets for is 3 Supergrass shows, and I plan to go to at least 3 on the Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead tour. Would like to see Neil Young and Lucinda, but since its the biggest and most expensive out of several other shows that week I think I will skip and settle for a bootleg.
Others: Throwrag, Dickies/Damned/Misfits, Devo (!!!), Blue Oyster Cult, Supersuckers/Throwrag, Metal Sludge tour with Faster Pussycat and others, Imperial Teen/Anna Waronker and a whole buncha maybes. Usually there is a lot of stuff I want to go to but when the day rolls around, I have a hard time dragging myself out of the house.
This year I have seen Wayne Kramer, Rolling Stones (4), Rob Halford/Testament/Death Ange/Violence/Exhumed, Rasputina, Supergrass, The 88, Dickies (3), Fear, Throwing Muses, Martin Gore (Depeche Mode),Lucinda Williams, Fishbone and Faster Pussycat who performed an interesting cover of IORR.
05-15-03 02:44 AM
beer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I'm hoping that the White Stripes will play somewhere within a 5 hour drive, but it looks like they have Europe on their minds for the summer...maybe in the fall

Here's some White Stripes tour dates:

06/16 Raleigh, NC The Ritz
06/17 Charlotte, NC Grady Cole Center
06/18 Tampa, FL USF Special Events Center
06/19 Boca Raton, FL Mizner Park Ampitheatre
06/20 Stone Mountain, GA Stone Mountain Park
06/21 Orlando, FL Hard Rock Live
06/23 New Orleans, LA Memorial Auditorium
06/24 Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre
06/25 Austin, TX Stubb's Bar B-Q
06/26 Grand Prairie, TX Next Stage
06/27 Oklahoma City, OK Bricktown Events Center
06/28 Kansas City, MO Memorial Hall
06/30 St. Louis, MO The Pageant
07/01 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
07/02 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
07/03 St. Paul, MN Roy Wilkins Auditorium
07/05 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
07/23 New York, NY Central Park Summer Stage
05-15-03 06:16 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
jb wrote:
I can understand Christine Aguilera..she is about as hot as it gets, but if you wish to be a viable part of this community, realize that we hate Macca!!!!!!!!

But I am a Liverpudlian cut me some slack!! By the way I prefer John Lennon to McCartney he was the best lyricist in the Beatles.

Anyway I am selling my Twickenham tickets, got Manchester ones instead for the RS and they are closer to the stage!!

Hey if Bowie comes to my neck of the woods then of course whenever that happens I will be vying for a ticket.

"It's been fun, when I mean fun I do of course mean s**t"
05-18-03 08:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man I llked The Datsuns for 5 minutes, then went right off them. Just got tickets for a band called The Libertines. They are playing at the London Forum.

They are a great band. I have been wanting to check them out for ages.

Alex
05-18-03 03:54 PM
polytoxic LazyBones,

I'm going to chance it last-minute with the Neil Young show.

For the A Bros. I think I am in 201 actually.
My buddy's got the tix and they're good - I know that.
I'll look out for ya.

Oh yeah, and I guess I'll be seeing the Stones at Downsview in July!

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003