ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What other live acts are you planning on seeing this year besides the Stones??? :D Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-11-03 04:36 AM
MarthaMyDear What other live acts are you planning on seeing this year besides the Stones (if you are going to the Stones, etc.)??? Here is HOPEFULLY (and it looks like it could very well happen as my dad just gave me a wad of cash!!! HE!!! HE!!! YIP!!! YIP!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AREBAH!!! AREBAH!!! AREBAH!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!!)... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Here is my itinerary:

July- Fleetwood Mac (one night but I WISH more) and Bob Dylan...
August- The STONES (all four shows in England)...
September- The Sex Pistols- HOPEFULLY all shows but at least one and HOPEFULLY in September... I just found-out this, so it better not be while I'm in London, etc., but YCAGWYW sometimes, as they say... FRICK!!! lol.................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :

Latest Exclusive Sex Pistols 2003 Tour News. Update 10th May.

God Save The Sex Pistols (http://www.sex-pistols.net) has been informed that the Sex Pistols summer tour of North America will take place during the last 10 days of August, and continue into September. The two Japanese dates have now been moved to the end of the tour, in late September.

October- Aerosmith and KISS (DREAM ON: All shows but DEFINITELY one show, at least)...

And, I THINK that the Red Hot Chili Peppers might be coming back home to play here towards the end of the year so I'll see at LEAST one show and JANES ADDICTION, who are touring with Lollapalooza, who I haven't seen since the 80's!!! And, I was thinking about going to Ozzfest and The Doors, who actually have some pretty decent seats up on Ticketmaster right now for Costa Mesa, California, at the Pacific Ampitheatre (HINT!!! HINT!!!), but I think that after the above, I shall be a-workin' WAY overtime... HE!!! HE!!! lol.................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P And, the Stones next year in Southern California and MAYBE Northern California and, HOPEFULLY, with Martha where she lives, etc.!!!

Anyways, I hope everyone gets to the shows they want to go to and at LEAST the Stones, so take care and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
05-11-03 10:59 AM
marko Nothing else matters!The bands i want to see,are no longer
touring,or,i don�t have chance to see them,like King Crimson
in Helsinki june 8,i�m in munich,or closer to milan,during
that time.(i hope).Pink Floyd is not touring,Zappa is dead.
Black sabbath is not touring,,,
05-11-03 12:01 PM
Martha Martha My Dear.... great thread!

This is my 2003 concert list so far:
2/6/03 The Rolling Stones: L.A. (the perfect kick off the season show for us!)
4/30/03 Bob Dylan: Louisville, KY
5/7/03 Fleetwood Mac (tour opener) Columbus, OH
5/27/03 ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, Kenny Wayne Shepard and Double Troulble: Cincinnati, OH (Riverbends season opener)
6/14/03 Neil Young and Crazy Horse: Columbus, OH
6/24/03 Jackson Browne, Steve Earle and Keb Mo: Dayton OH (2nd row dead center!)
7/1/03 Allman Brothers: Cincinnati, OH
7/2/03 Santana: Columbus, OH
8/3/03 Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (Free) The Ohio State Fair
8/6/03 The Dead and Dylan: Columbus, OH
8/9/03 Peter Noone and Herman's Hermitts with BJ Thomas (free) Ohio State Fair
8/20/03 B.B. Kings Music Fest with Jeff Beck..(fifth row center) Cleveland, OH Will hit the Rock Hall then if not before!

Still hoping to go see Aerosmith they will be in Ohio for three shows.....but dammit....I want GOOD seats!!!!!

05-11-03 01:12 PM
Gimme Shelter So far for this summer, I'm going to see the Foo Fighters in June and Neil Young in July.
05-11-03 01:48 PM
Martha And..we hope to see.......

The Sex Pistols

Simon and Garfunkle; if they do reunite and tour I've only heard rumors thus far.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers; when they swing over in our direction with this new tour.

AC/DC

And wouldn't it just kick my rock and roll ass if we concluded this year and then started off 2004 with......

The Rolling Stones.............YES!

Oh Please Ronnie!!!!

In 2004 I am salivating for the Rod and Ronnie tour and new album...oh hell YES!! We've got lots and lots to look forward to as far as live shows go..don't we?!!

I now also believe that Pagey, Planty and JPJ will tour in 2004 too, once the new CD's and DVD are released and do well. Pagey and JPJ have already stated they do NOT rule out a tour!!!!! So.......as wiser folks than I have said......

Developing....!!!! (place smiling emoticon here...if only I knew how?! lol)

Rock and Roll Blessings abound!

05-11-03 02:41 PM
Gimme Shelter I've heard that it is Plant that is preventing the Zepp tour.
05-11-03 03:06 PM
Jaxx got neil young tix for late july. hope to score some dead tix next saturday. i scored myself a "hot date" for steely dan as well.
05-11-03 04:23 PM
Joey " I scored myself a "hot date" for steely dan as well. "

Jaxx .....................you make Joey smile .

BOB JACKY !

05-11-03 04:26 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Joey wrote:
Jaxx .....................you make Joey smile .

joey.........you made jaxx smile first!
05-11-03 04:35 PM
Gazza Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band in Dublin on 31st May (if I'm gonna feel old turning 40 that weekend,may as well get Bruce to make me feel younger..)

So far have tickets for nine out of the ten Stones Uk/Ireland shows in August-September (ie,all but Manchester). waiting on an extra London show to go on sale and possibly more in Dublin.

Thats kinda killed off almost all the other shows I wouldnt have minded seeing this summer. Patti Smith last night being an exception.

Would have liked to have seen the Chili Peppers at Slane on August 23rd,but its the same day as the Stones are at Twickenham. Neil Young and McCartney also sacrificed as well. All these acts are playing Dublin though and not Belfast this year,so simple economic reasons (plus lack of free time off work)means its not really practical to do them.

I'm hoping the gossip about Dylan playing UK shows in late October/early November will be accurate though. If so,I'll get to see him SOMEWHERE
05-11-03 04:37 PM
Moonisup Neil Y and Bruce S

played here this week, and from what I've heard, it was very good,
although Neil forbid the crowd to drink ANY alcohol (so no beer in the HEINEKEN (!!!!) MUSIC HALL. somewhat strange is that he drunk beer on stage!
[Edited by Moonisup]
05-11-03 09:54 PM
Bluzian I always like these types of posts, cos it shows how proud
everbody is to advertise who they are going to see! And you
get to see who else everyone is checking out! Right on!

I went to see the Guess Who last night in London, ONT, and
they smoked!!!!!!!! Amazing concert! I'd love to see Britney
pull off something like that!! Unbelievable!!! Incredible!!!

June 11: ColdPlay in Toronto @ molson Amphitheatre
June 23: Neil Young/Lucinda Williams in T.O. @ ACC
June 24: Wayne Shorter (T.O. Jazz Fest)
June 29: Ben Harper & Jack Johnson (not THE J.J. though)
July 20: Buckwheat Zydeco in Burlington
July 27: Peter Green (@ T.O. blues fest)
August: Stones!!!

Cheers,
Ian
05-11-03 11:11 PM
Lazy Bones Neil Young and The Allman Brothers
05-12-03 01:16 AM
luridchief I think that Bowie is going to tour in the fall!
05-12-03 02:20 AM
Gimme Shelter I sure hope Bowie does go out on the road. I've seen him live twice before, once in '90 and then in '95 when he toured with Nine Inch Nails. Both shows were great.
05-12-03 11:27 AM
Martha Bowie to tour in the fall....I MUST see him...never have been to his show yet and I know he does not like to tour...I hope I'll catch him soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Gimme Shelter...Planty IS the hold-up for the Zep reunion. Grrrrrrr.......

Gazza...I turned 40 with our Rolling Stones at the Charlotte show in 1997 (not exactly on the same date but close enough to inspire me to get the fuck over it once I saw the boys do what they do)...LOL I am thrilled you will be with the Boss for your 40th..seems like he has been with you for some very important dates in your life already! Glad you are making so many Stones shows over there..I am so envious!!!!! Make sure they know we want them to come back over here when you see them will ya'? Thanks!!!!

Great thread Martha My Dear!!!!!!
05-12-03 11:51 AM
jb The Grateful Dead and Dylan(whom many of you love as I understand the complaints to Geraldo for my claiming he is overrated were apparently voluminous ) are playing the Office Depot Center in July and I may go ..........
05-12-03 12:55 PM
Factory Girl Why Is Plant holding up a LZ reunion tour???

I plan on seeing this year (if tours are underway in my area)-Stones & Strokes. I wanted to see Aero-kiss, but they're playing in the boonies, so I'm not going.
05-12-03 01:32 PM
jb Plant and Page, much like the Glimmer twins, put up with each other at best, and at times, truly despise one another...plus they have sold about 160 million albums so I doubt money is an issue unlike the Stones, whose albums sales are not even a spec on the radar.
05-12-03 01:41 PM
sandrew JB, I think the Stones have broken the 100 million mark, no?
05-12-03 01:50 PM
jb Worldwide probably so...but I know they didn't crack the top 10 and their album sales were substantially less than the likes of Zep, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Madonna, Billy Joel, Elton, Aerosmith(this one truly sickens me), Barbara Streisand, Garth Brooks, Pink Floyd, etc....it still amazes me that 40 licks only sold around 4 million (which is really only 2 million but they double it b/c it's 2 discs)....I really thought this was going to be a huge success..like 10 milliom as even the casual fan(which surprisingly many on this board are-they love the Beatles, Dylan and others more) would snatch it up...but I was sadly mistaken....
05-12-03 02:02 PM
telecaster jb band members personally make much more on a tours than records, now more than ever

The Stones have grossed over $1 Billion in the last 10yrs
according to Fortune mag and that was before 40 Licks
and the 40 Licks tour

[Edited by telecaster]
05-12-03 02:09 PM
sandrew Isn't there also an issue with some of the older albums not being recertified? The official tally for Exile is something like 1 million, which doesn't take into account the last 20-odd years of sales, right?

Still, JB, I think you're basically correct. I've always been a little mystified by the Stones overall lack of album sales. I think, post-60s, they're more like the Dead than we care to admit -- mainly a live phenomenon.

What doesn't compute for me is the low sales for albums like "Let It Bleed" and other great releases from their heyday. It makes sense that McCartney's not selling records anymore, either. But the Stones never have -- not in the mega quantity of the Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, etc.
05-12-03 02:13 PM
jb Correct telecaster....Fortunately, as a live act, we had unparalleled success until Macca reared his cheap , ugly head last year and took a substantial amount away from the Stones in terms of attendance...he has now followed them to europe and is doing everything in his power to call attention to himself and put down the Stones...just like he made fun of Mick when he, because of Cohls poor timing, won tour of the year...
05-12-03 02:35 PM
sonicrock have tix for chuck berry
05-12-03 02:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot So far this summer, the only firm date I have going is 6/26, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds at Roseland Ballroom. I was pretty stoked to score tix for this because Nick is only playing 7 dates this year.

I'll catch the Sex Pistols somewhere. Robbie Fulks may be coming back to the area as well. I'm hoping that the White Stripes will play somewhere within a 5 hour drive, but it looks like they have Europe on their minds for the summer...maybe in the fall. I hate missing Dylan, but he's nowhere near me this time around.

Things I will definately give a miss....

Ozzfest
Anything to do with Aerosmith
Anything to do with Robert Plant
Anything to do with Ted Nugent
Anything to do with Peter Frampton.
05-12-03 02:49 PM
Gazza when you get upset at your band not winning some meaningless poll like "tour of the year" (according to whom? anyone with credibility?) or being pissed because they were "outgrossed" in a chart which only reflects greed and how high ticket prices are as opposed to any barometer of artistic merit then you're missing the whole point of what music is supposed to be all about.

Most people who buy what passes for commercial music wouldnt know quality if it bit them in the arse. Thats why you hardly ever see anyone over a certain age and without a certain physical profile on MTV or in the charts and other similar barometers of public taste. Do you really want to share your enthusiasm and passion for a band with the sort of people who have such a shallow and clueless appreciation of music that they think "Satisfaction" is a Britney Spears song?

as for the Stones not selling units. theyve always sold more concert tickets and t-shirts than they have records as long as I can remember. Theyre hardly alone in that as many big name acts have one particular field that they do better in commercially than others. McCartney is in the same boat. For all his touring and for all the fuss about his return to the road,the fact is that his last studio album stiffed even though he shamelessly used the "Concert for new york" benefit to plug it in front of a worldwide audience. At the end of it all,people go to his concerts to say they saw an ex-Beatle and to hear "Hey Jude", not to hear "Freedom".

I'm sure "40 Licks" has sold better than the figures quoted. After all,I think it sold 400,000 in the UK alone in the first couple of months and they didnt tour behind it like they did in the US,which has a population five times bigger.
05-12-03 03:55 PM
jb Gazza, please revise your list on GasX3 as folows:
1)Stones
2)Springsteen
3)Dylan
05-12-03 07:39 PM
polytoxic Lots and lots.

Buddy Guy w/ Los Lobos down in Buffalo,
Neil Young w/ Lucinda Williams at the ACC
Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, Allman Brothers,
all here at the Amphitheatre in Toronto
Dylan & The Dead at Darien Lake,
The North Mississippi Allstars, Steve Earle,
Blind Boys Of Alabama, George Thorogood,
David Lindley, John Hiatt...

All for the price of a premium Stones ticket! (ouch)
05-12-03 08:27 PM
Nasty Habits Bob Dylan.

Wednesday.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003