ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

London, January 1967 Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dublin fan club 11th now Return to archive
05-06-03 02:18 PM
Toronto Tom Now on Fan club 2;17 pm been on for 10 minutes. 2 nd point show go now
05-06-03 05:15 PM
Gazza Only in Ireland would you get a "post sale" instead of a "pre-sale"

thanks to Doug and Tom for the tip-offs. managed to get lucky. This will possibly be the hardest non-club show ticket on the European tour to get,so good luck everyone!

[Edited by Gazza]
05-06-03 05:50 PM
BillyBoll Thanks to Gazza, I'm in.

Cheers mate!
05-06-03 07:48 PM
Scot Rocks Nice one Gazza!!! I know how much you wanted that ticket, you deserve it, well done!!

Cheers

Mark
05-06-03 08:22 PM
Toronto Tom Gazza I told Doug the 2nd I made my purchase to email you then posted hear and told lazybones hoping word would get to you glad you managed to pick them up. I tried for floors but it would not let me have them after I took to long to fill the form out then did not want to chance it the 2nd time when all it would give me was seating. However after I realized I had Block E Row B seat 1 and 2 right be the stage. What did you end up getting

I came home from work refreshed the page nothing then 2 seconds later did it again and there they where. -)

I am surprised they are still available since it is sold out and Iam sure lots want them. My guess is not many were sold to the public creating a good demand on the fan club web site and increasing funds a fair bit adding a 95 dollar extra charge on many more sets of tickets.

I never realized you could get 4 tickets or I would have in case someone else missed them. I am sure I could have sold them.

05-06-03 11:45 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Toronto Tom wrote:
Gazza I told Doug the 2nd I made my purchase to email you then posted hear and told lazybones hoping word would get to you glad you managed to pick them up.

Didn't check e-mail at work this afternoon. What's important is you guys have tickets. Thanks for getting on the horn, Tom!
An early bday gift...
05-07-03 11:24 AM
jb Can I be a honary member of the Dublin fan club #1 or #2 ....as long as I am in Gazza'a group I'm O.K. with it.
05-07-03 02:42 PM
Gazza Toronto Tom said:
However after I realized I had Block E Row B seat 1 and 2 right be the stage. What did you end up getting

BillyBoll and myself managed to get four in Block B Row G. Level two pricing.

At eight tickets per applicant,not many people would have got them on the public sale. There will be an absolute shitload of these tickets available on the black market and the promoters (MCD) should have to account for themselves as to why for such a small show,they ended up allowing a maximum of that many which would be similar to the ceiling imposed on STADIUM shows in many countries. Genuine fans have hardly had a look in because of this fiasco.

My guess is a certain percentage are held over for fan club members. In this case, it was a "post sale" instead of a "pre sale" because they added the second show as soon as the first one sold out and with no advance notice (has this happened anywhere else on the entire tour? I'm not so sure. Even the SECC site for the Glasgow site were advertising the date of the 2nd show and that tickets were coming soon just before their first gig sold out) - Dublin #2 wasnt even mentioned on the official site as EXISTING for days afterwards,let alone listed as being available.
05-10-03 07:42 AM
oska �m stuck �n turkey and devastated iv m�ssed the dubl�n and manchester g�gs. � wanted 3 t�ckets for me and two young daughters. CAN ANYONE HELP ME ? please please. we are back �n uk 12 may. gazza can you do anyth�ng ? we l�ve �n north wales so dubl�n or manchester would be br�ll�ant. please god somebody help.
05-10-03 08:27 PM
Gazza Oska - I have to get my tickets same way as anyone else does so I'm not sure what *I* can do.

why dont you go to www.ticketmaster.co.uk and buy them? Manchester still isnt sold out. theres public and (I think) fan club allocation still available.

Dublin? forget about it unless youre getting them through a hotel & ticket package deal or want to take your chances with ticket touts.
05-14-03 11:59 AM
oska well i've got my tickets for dublin 9th sept. bought on e bay �100 each, ground floor standing, i've also booked accomodation nearby. planning to arrive at point theatre by 12 midday to queue for a good position near stage, i hope ! gazza do you know if there are a number of entrances to queue from ? if so, which is the best ? and which is best to get to keiths side of the stage ? wow i can't wait!
05-14-03 03:02 PM
Gazza theres only one major entrance that I know of,at the front of the hall (ie the opposite end from the main stage)

I'm not 100% sure as I dont live in Dublin and have only been to the Point about three or four times

I'm staying at Jurys Custom House Inn which is less than a mile from the venue,so hopefully see you at some point, although (unless they add a show BEFORE the 9th) I'll only be arriving in Dublin around lunchtime that day

You did OK getting a standing ticket for �100..I think its about �60 face value but it'll be hard to get them for that price unless youre going as part of a package deal.

Speaking of which,I got an offer in the post yesterday from Event Travel (the Stones officially endorsed travel company) who have a package for this show as well as most others on the European tour. The cost of the same level 1 ticket plus ONE night in the same 3-Star hotel as the one I'm staying in works out at around �80 more than what I paid for my own ticket & hotel.. Ain't it good to know how the vast majority of these much sought after arena tickets seem to be going to either brokers or officially endorsed travel companies who are ripping off the people who should be getting a chance to buy them - and doing so with the Stones organisation's blessing...
05-14-03 03:32 PM
oska i tried to stay at jurys inn hotel, but they are now insisting on 2x night stays only, at �110 a night, so im staying at a small b&b only 10 minutes walk from the point, if we meet up it will probally be in the queue from tues midday onwards - as i go home on wed's morning ferry to holyhead. so not much chance to sample the 'craic' . btw i'm still trying to find 3x tickets for manchester if you know of any.
05-14-03 04:07 PM
Gazza Jurys Inn is not the same as Jurys Custom House Inn

I got friends in there just for the one night
05-17-03 09:57 AM
coowouters Just booked yesteday :

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Name: Christiaan Wouters

Chain: Jurys Doyle Hotel Group
Property Name: Jurys Inn Custom House
Property Address: Custom House Quay, Dublin, Ireland, 1
Property Phone Number: (353 1) 6075000
Reservation Phone: Jurys Doyle Hotel Group 353-1-607-0000