ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peñaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Russian Stones' Releases Return to archive
19th May 2006 01:59 PM
unabobber I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on the Russian Stones' releases that are showing up in the States (and elsewhere I suppose.) These CDs are official releases with a number of bonus tracks.

For instance, 12 x 5 has the original twelve songs plus fourteen more tracks, mostly outtakes from 1964 sessions.

I have all of the original releases but I have bought a couple of these discs for the bonus tracks. The early discs are also in glorious mono, too. Before I run out to the local record store to buy more, I thought that I would ask the board if this is a good way to collect outtakes or if there are better collections circulating on the internet?
19th May 2006 02:03 PM
glencar Whatever are you talking about? Howe are these things priced?
19th May 2006 02:17 PM
riccardo They are just bootlegs, there are 30 of them.Nice ones though.
19th May 2006 03:51 PM
gimmekeef I bought some boots etc from Russia a few years back prior to torrents.If you can wait for delivery its a good deal...
19th May 2006 06:32 PM
pdog They're not bootlegs. Bootlegs by definition are unreleased material or live shows. These are pirated versions of official releases.
19th May 2006 07:17 PM
Soldatti I only have Metamorphosis from those CD's.
19th May 2006 08:20 PM
pdog I have #2.
19th May 2006 09:47 PM
unabobber Pirated CDs suck. On the other hand, I own all the original discs so I guess I could hold my nose as I purchase these puppies. They're priced at $12.95 USD.
20th May 2006 12:55 AM
riccardo They ARE bootlegs, because they contain official releasesd albums PLUS unreleased tracks (sopmetimes even 15 bonus tracks)of bootleg origin.
20th May 2006 01:05 AM
pdog
quote:
riccardo wrote:
They ARE bootlegs, because they contain official releasesd albums PLUS unreleased tracks (sopmetimes even 15 bonus tracks)of bootleg origin.

Half pirate half bootleg, still makes them Pirated. I'm not judging, I'm just stating the fact. If you sell officially released stuff, you're not bootlegging, you're stealing! I'm not even saying I got a problem with it, I'm not saying it's okay. Let those who are involved decide for themselves!
20th May 2006 06:22 AM
Honky Tonk Man Living in the UK, does anyone know where I could track these CDs down? I really want The Rolling Stones No 2.
20th May 2006 06:33 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Living in the UK, does anyone know where I could track these CDs down? I really want The Rolling Stones No 2.

Alex,
I have this cd,I bought it on e-bay,they are always on there for about £10.
20th May 2006 06:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Alex,
I have this cd,I bought it on e-bay,they are always on there for about £10.

Thanks. I'll have a look later.
20th May 2006 07:10 AM
DoctorStones The only official russian Stones CD I have is one I bought back in 1992.
It's a compilation of 19 songs, and the titles are translated in russian, not only written in russian characters

I have a photo of it here :
http://www.doctorstones.net/CollectorCDs/collectiblestonescds.htm
20th May 2006 01:19 PM
unabobber Living in the UK, does anyone know where I could track these CDs down? I really want The Rolling Stones No 2.

In the States, the Stones released "Now" in lieu of "No. 2."

The nine bonus tracks on "Now" are from March, April and October 1963. The tracks were taped for broadcast on radio shows called "Blues in Rhythm" and "Saturday Club. An interesting period in Stones history when they were touring relentlessly.

The 10/63 tracks are fairly common, I believe. "Come On" "Memphis" & "Beethoven" from a Saturday Club broadcast.
[Edited by unabobber]
20th May 2006 01:32 PM
MrPleasant www.amazon.co.uk
20th May 2006 04:05 PM
rocky hi i did my home made 1 st album(uk) + no 2.
and i added the released singles & ep's o them.and made my own covers..........
20th May 2006 07:13 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
pdog wrote:
They're not bootlegs. Bootlegs by definition are unreleased material or live shows. These are pirated versions of official releases.

Indeed. I've seem some of them in São Paulo and as far as I'm concerned, these are pirate material, since they are not part of Stones official label catalog.
20th May 2006 10:03 PM
rogerriffin This collection made by Gregorian Sergey its the best Bootleg Collection that exist, no other with bonus tracks, music info, lyrics and international editions pics.

Have 27 but soon will have the 30!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)