ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peñaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boy George cruises the net for sex (NSC) Return to archive
19th May 2006 10:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BOY GEORGE CRUISES THE NET FOR SEX

Eighties pop star BOY GEORGE spends six hours a day on the internet searching for casual sex. The former CULTURE CLUB frontman is amazed by the way the world wide web has changed life for gay men - but insists he isn't hooked on the pastime. He says, "I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it, but I do spend a lot of time on the internet. Six hours on and off. I'm not this deranged internet addict. It's not my whole life. But there are lots of gay sites you can go on and meet people - I think in a way the internet was the best thing that ever happened to gay culture. It's pretty hardcore. I've made lots of friends there, not necessarily sexual. "Sometimes (it's how I meet partners). It's great to have that alternative to going to clubs. And you do meet interesting people." But George insists he takes precautions: "I think both parties take a certain risk. But if you meet someone at a club and take them home, you're also taking a risk. "And I wouldn't just say to someone on the internet, come round to my place - I'd meet them for coffee first."
19/05/2006 14:03

19th May 2006 10:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BOY GEORGE CRUISES THE NET FOR SEX

Eighties pop star BOY GEORGE spends six hours a day on the internet searching for casual sex. The former CULTURE CLUB frontman is amazed by the way the world wide web has changed life for gay men - but insists he isn't hooked on the pastime. He says, "I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it, but I do spend a lot of time on the internet. Six hours on and off. I'm not this deranged internet addict. It's not my whole life. But there are lots of gay sites you can go on and meet people - I think in a way the internet was the best thing that ever happened to gay culture. It's pretty hardcore. I've made lots of friends there, not necessarily sexual. "Sometimes (it's how I meet partners). It's great to have that alternative to going to clubs. And you do meet interesting people." But George insists he takes precautions: "I think both parties take a certain risk. But if you meet someone at a club and take them home, you're also taking a risk. "And I wouldn't just say to someone on the internet, come round to my place - I'd meet them for coffee first."

only get my rocks off......only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping......
19th May 2006 10:52 AM
Factory Girl Allo George Michael? How many do they need?

Actually, I enjoyed the Culture Club back in the day...

19th May 2006 10:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Allo George Michael? How many do they need?

Actually, I enjoyed the Culture Club back in the day...

they were a guilty pleasure for many!
19th May 2006 11:01 AM
the good What a total loser.
19th May 2006 11:04 AM
voodoopug
quote:
the good wrote:
What a total loser.

agreed...but the Culture Club sound was quite unique!
19th May 2006 11:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BOY GEORGE BITTER ABOUT NYPD

BOY GEORGE is bitter about the way his recent drugs arrest was handled by the New York Police Department - and insists he wasn't lucky to escape with just community service. Cops found cocaine at the singer's Manhattan home after he had called them out to investigate a suspected burglary. He was charged with cocaine possession and wasting police time and faced five-and-a-half years in prison.

A New York court dished out a lighter sentence, but George refutes the suggestion he got off lightly. Referring to his arrest, he says, "There were so many impossibilities in what (the police) said - they had to be able to see through walls - so the circumstances did work in my favour. "I don't think it's a light sentence at all. What happened with me and the police was quite horrible and quite shocking."

19th May 2006 12:36 PM
luxury1 You mean people engage in cyber-sex??
19th May 2006 12:38 PM
glencar Boy George should just find a nice girl to settle down with. Or boy. Or whatever. But stop telling everyone else about it.
19th May 2006 01:00 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Boy George should just find a nice girl to settle down with. Or boy. Or whatever. But stop telling everyone else about it.

I don't think the Boy wants to settle down. I believe he wants to karma his chameleon out and about...lol
19th May 2006 01:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels BOY GEORGE & MR. T.
19th May 2006 01:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

I don't think the Boy wants to settle down. I believe he wants to karma his chameleon out and about...lol

Isn't he HIV + though?
19th May 2006 01:15 PM
gimmekeef Is this thread neccessary?....This turds had his 15 minutes...
19th May 2006 01:20 PM
Dan Yet another lesson to be learned here - when you call the cops out during a flash of paranoia on a drug binge, at least put the drugs away first!
19th May 2006 01:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

Isn't he HIV + though?

No.

pretty funny that he reckons that spending 'six hours a day on the internet searching for casual sex' means 'he isn't hooked on the pastime' !!
[Edited by Gazza]
19th May 2006 01:58 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No.

pretty funny that he reckons that spending 'six hours a day on the internet searching for casual sex' means 'he isn't hooked on the pastime' !!

[Edited by Gazza]

Sadly, Boy George has a better grip on reality than Pete D.
19th May 2006 02:06 PM
glencar Actually according to this 1998 article, Boy doesn't WANT to know his HIV status. Scary, eh?

In a surprising move, Gay Men's Health Crisis, the oldest and largest AIDS service organization in the nation, has reversed its opposition to requiring doctors to report all cases of HIV infection to the state.

This reversal marks, in New York, the beginning of a slide away from an assurance of privacy as it applies to personal health-records information. The Empire State—where the largest number of HIV infections occur-- is now set to join 30 other states that require the reporting of each tested individual's HIV+ status.

All 50 states insist upon the reporting of fully-developed AIDS cases.

Making information available about an individual's HIV status, however, raises the specter of state invasions into the closets of the infected. As AIDS cases continue to multiply, some insist, there could develop a political climate demanding AIDS quarantines such as is practiced in Cuba, a practice which has even recently been found commendable by neo-conservative gay writers.

Those who oppose the tracking of HIV+ persons believe that individuals who may wish to be tested and who were previously assured of absolute privacy, may now be frightened away, knowing that the results of such tests may be communicated to an impersonal bureaucracy, handled by public servants.

There are still those who say, as did popular singer Boy George, that they'd rather not know their HIV status. Boy George told London's Pink Paper: "I'm now very careful sexually, and I don't think that knowing you're positive does you any good. I'd rather not know and just take good care of myself. ... I can see the medical argument for getting testing nowadays -- there are new drugs which help if you know you're positive early -- but there's still a part of me which says no, I'd rather not know. It means I'm more responsible, and careful about who I have sex with."

Preferring ignorance to the acceptance of present-day medicine's insistence on a heavy daily regimen of life-prolonging drugs is a commonplace reaction. Wary AIDS activists say that state name-tracking, if it is added to a preference for ignorance such as Boy George's, will be cause for an increased avoidance of testing by the faint-hearted altogether.

Prior to its policy-reversal, GMHC was preceded by such medical watchdogs as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and now the issue is slated to go before New York's State Health Department and its AIDS Advisory Council. A New York Times editorial (January 15) says "There is a clear need for some system to track H.I.V. infections. Now that new treatments have slowed the progression of the disease, the epidemic can no longer be tracked by recording only full-fledged AIDS. Authorities need to know where the virus is spreading, what risk factors lead to infections, and where to target treatment and prevention."

Even the Times, however, cautions that "the most contentious issue" will be whether to report HIV infections by name or by code numbers.

Maryland and Texas, according to the federal CDC, have experimented with number codes, but the CDC argues that both states—using the number system only—have missed cases.

AIDS activists, on the other hand, argue that many more such cases will be missed if name-privacy is not assured.
19th May 2006 02:17 PM
unabobber Of course he's more careful these days. He has coffee with internet pickups before ging back to his flat for casual sex. How much more care can one take?

Thank Keith that we get get our rocks off ... well you know the rest.
19th May 2006 02:19 PM
glencar Welcome to the breakfast show!
19th May 2006 02:21 PM
Factory Girl I'm no Boy George, but I'll take Julian Casablancas home in a heartbeat.

And no coffee required.
19th May 2006 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm pretty naive about these things, so I don't know, but what sites do the Stones fans cruise on the net looking for casual sex?
19th May 2006 03:27 PM
Dan
quote:
I'm pretty naive about these things, so I don't know, but what sites do the Stones fans cruise on the net looking for casual sex?

The Faster Pussycat message board. Oh so I have heard.
19th May 2006 03:27 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat He is a fool.
19th May 2006 03:46 PM
the good
quote:
I'm pretty naive about these things, so I don't know, but what sites do the Stones fans cruise on the net looking for casual sex?

Sometimes I have a moment of weakness and visit this site called "rocks off". They have assured me that all of the models are 18 years old.
19th May 2006 05:50 PM
MrPleasant BOY GEORGE CRUISES THE NET FOR SEX

Really??? Can you do that? Let me google myself:

(*one hour later*)

OH MY GAWD! GAG WITH ME WITH A SPOON!!!
19th May 2006 05:56 PM
pdog So he's just like most of us here! I was convinced he was different, I'm releieved and ashamed, both happy and sad, all at once!
19th May 2006 06:01 PM
Saint Sway How is this news???!?!?!?!?!????

quote:
BOY GEORGE CRUISES THE NET FOR SEX

19th May 2006 06:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
How is this news???!?!?!?!?!????

Not How! Howe!
19th May 2006 07:46 PM
Factory Girl Oy Ve!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)