ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Official Live DVD Return to archive
18th May 2006 03:54 AM
east_river_trucker Does anyone know any details or rumors of details about the offical DVD of this tour? Is it going to be the beach show in s. america? and if so what is the hold up on it? I am getting impatient and about to buy a bootleg dvd cause I saw it in a theatre and am anxious to see it again.

If only they'd do like Jimmy Buffet or the Grateful Dead and sneak DVDs out with multiple live CD releases. Rolling Stone, Inc.'s business model is painfully obsolete. Holding out and releasing much bally whoed carefully edited and patched together live releases is a throw back to the music marketing strategies of the past ...the pre-digital age... and doing nothing to increase the rolling stone's popularity or record sales. Mick!? Hello? There's money here for you, and as a bonus you get to look hip to the new trends in cashcow babyboomer popular music marketing.
18th May 2006 04:03 AM
FotiniD
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:
Does anyone know any details or rumors of details about the offical DVD of this tour? Is it going to be the beach show in s. america? and if so what is the hold up on it? I am getting impatient and about to buy a bootleg dvd cause I saw it in a theatre and am anxious to see it again.

I don't know what are the plans for an official DVD, but if you're looking for the South American gig, you don't need to buy it! There are plenty of people who can trade you for it, there's also a tree in Shidoobe - many sources where you can get it for free!
18th May 2006 11:28 PM
corgi37 I hope they wait to the end of the Euro tour. Seems such a pity that they release the Rio show - ok its historic, but just about everyone has seen it or already has it.

And, the biggest pity is, the sub-standard stage is gonna be the representative of this tour. I think its a shame the amazing U.S./Jap/Euro stage wont feature in a official release.
19th May 2006 12:53 AM
glencar I've not seen that show since I didn't have enough interest in it. I think Radio City should be the DVD release.
19th May 2006 07:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man Me and stewed & Keefed were talking about this in the pub the other week. While I have no quarrels about them releasing the Rio show, I think it'd be a great idea if they were to have a second disc chocked full of bonus material, with Sway, 19th Nervous Breakdown, interviews and so on. That'd do me nicely.
19th May 2006 07:56 AM
Bruno I canīt understand why they donīt pick the best performances from diferent venues... Midnight Rambler from here, Gimme Shelter from there, Sway...

They have all the logistic to be able to do it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)